Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm with you. Just don't like the guy, and don't think he's right for IU. 

I still can't get over the fact that he ratted out one school, then turned around and cheated himself. More than once. 

He just seems sleazy. 

yeah but... he wins. 

46 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We have one of the largest alumni in the country if 1/4 of them gave $100 we would have the buyout. That's not counting people like my grandparents who would donate but didn't go to IU. It's just more of getting people to sign off on like you have said and I agree with

And the right person

This is blatant copyright infringement Christopher and I won't have it!!

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I still can't get over the fact that he ratted out one school, then turned around and cheated himself. More than once. 

He just seems sleazy. 

I don't disagree. But also think some of our other top candidates mentioned are just as slimy or slimier

This is great entertainment. I think most of us have the same wants for a new coach A,B,c,D are similar. I just don’t know if I buy into the talk of Dolson has a plan. I’m not sold that this is happening. I feel like we have been down this road before. Just wanted to throw out some red flags to prepare us before the crash! Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

This is great entertainment. I think most of us have the same wants for a new coach A,B,c,D are similar. I just don’t know if I buy into the talk of Dolson has a plan. I’m not sold that this is happening. I feel like we have been down this road before. Just wanted to throw out some red flags to prepare us before the crash! Carry on. 

If this falls through and we're left disappointed again..... I think Mr. Pfau or Carl Cook should fund a blowout BTB happy hour party with the money they saved as compensation for the time we spent refreshing the board every few minutes

6 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

This is blatant copyright infringement Christopher and I won't have it!!

I meant to give you credit. You inspired me. I'll give half of my future earnings as the next IU basketball coach to you. Deal?

1 hour ago, IU22 said:

Needs business for his new "Shot Doctor" company and doesn't want to piss the staff off in hopes of making some cash.

He will just defraud the kids that he teaches to shoot take their parents' money without increasing their shooting percentage.  Heck I think Trey went there over the summer. 

3 minutes ago, hper50 said:

If this falls through and we're left disappointed again..... I think Mr. Pfau or Carl Cook should fund a blowout BTB happy hour party with the money they saved as compensation for the time we spent refreshing the board every few minutes

Worse case scenario I see us ending up with a Dusty May or Chris Collins.  Both would be a significant upgrade and could likely win here.

57 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

To add to this - if it's Pearl, and there's real smoke associated with him coming to IU, this thread is going to hit 1,000 pages. No way he would announce something like that before Auburn is done with their NCAA run. We have a lot of time to speculate, agree, disagree, and spin the Brad Stevens Wheel of Fortune, folks! 

Will be interesting to watch how Auburn plays out the rest of this year. If there's serious smoke around Pearl leaving Auburn and it's currently being discussed, his current players will know about it before anyone else, regardless if it isn't relayed directly from the horses mouth.

Auburn has the parts to win it all this year, college basketball as a whole is down. A slip in play could potentially be a tell tale sign.  

Edited by AH1971

Bruce Pearl is the kind of guy who could make IUBB Head Coach his identity, not just his job... which I recall a few people saying is basically what this job requires to be successful. I'm sure other guys could embrace that too. But we know CBP wanted/s(?) that opportunity. He would relish it. Give us 6-8 years of that and watch how different of a place this program is in when he hangs it up. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

He just seems sleazy. 

I don't know if there's any seriousness to all this -- or if it's just smoke-filled coffee-house crap. Regardless, I just don't see the administration approving a Bruce Pearl hire if it came down to that. 

This is were I think degrees matter. Beard= absolutely not.   Pearl might be sleazy but I hate to say it , but a majority of coaches are a bit sleazy. I would classify Roy Willams and Coach K as sleazy in their own way.  When you're adults trying to recruit under 18 year old kids and trying to beat another school for a recruit things get sleazy.  Sleazy within the realm of basketball is fine with me. Horrible acts like  well beard is a no no. There's a line.   

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I'll preface this by saying I fully understand this is NOT a reasonable or logical path to buy out money. But talking about getting the right donors involved had me do some quick math. If only 20% of our alumni base contributed an average of an $80 donation, we'd raise $12M. That's only alumni, and only 20%. Probably even more non-alumni fans who would contribute. Open up the GoFundMe, Scotty!

Hell I'll even give a $160 to let one of you all off the hook. 

32 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Just my opinion but Bruce Pearl is not IUBB. His entire coaching history is shade. I have no problem saying this having experienced him walking around campus during the golden years at USI. Dolson would be taking the biggest risk for the program should he decide to him. 

Just curious, but which coach is squeaky clean?  Alford protecting a player who did bad things, Coach K allowing homes to be bought for players, every UNC coach.  The list goes on and on.  Is it just part of the game?  Even Knight allowed his best players to stay on the team when they pulled an Xavier Johnson.  I'm really curious, is there a coach out there that didn't do something we might call shady?  I really don't know.

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

He just seems sleazy. 

I don't know if there's any seriousness to all this -- or if it's just smoke-filled coffee-house crap (I stole that from "A Few Good Men"). 

Regardless, I just don't see the administration approving a Bruce Pearl hire if it came down to that. 

What cheating did he do?  I know he lied to the NCAA about having a recruit at a cookout (seems minor, even the lying part).  What were the others?