Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

fIre CoAch woodsoN ThREAD

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Plenty of Power 5 schools schedule  home in homes with other major schools.   Mostly programs that are comfortable with where they are.   South Carolina doesn’t even get a return home game.  Basically that’s a buy game for IU if they are paying them to come play 

Of course, something IU has done before and something lined up for the future. But the large majority of these marquee non-conference matchups aren't two schools coming together and mutually agreeing to terms. They are playing these teams by virtue of being in the same MTE or FOX/ESPN telling them their opponent. IU is in an MTE this year that was scheduled a few year back where they should play 3 quality teams in 3 days. 

57 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Lol all I ever heard over the years was iu needs to play a tough pre season schedule. Now Woodson with his best team yet lines up cupcake city and we are supposed to be giddy. I guess he is trying to save his job. Every single preseason game will be 30 point blowouts .

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

In the past that was the best way to get in the tournament but last year the big 12 showed that isn't the case. Have your teams play some very bad teams and blow them out to help your metrics.

On the radio today Osterman thought that is what IU is trying to do. He also said that the teams we scheduled at a higher caliber than what other teams did in the Big 12 did.

Crappy non conference schedules render a third of the season unwatchable. I have no interest in watching IU play Little Sisters of the Poor Southwest. If that’s what you gotta do for the computers and the quad wins or whatever then fine, but it (along with many other recent changes), just makes college basketball worse. 

44 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Crappy non conference schedules render a third of the season unwatchable. I have no interest in watching IU play Little Sisters of the Poor Southwest. If that’s what you gotta do for the computers and the quad wins or whatever then fine, but it (along with many other recent changes), just makes college basketball worse. 

We won’t miss you. Just remember to stay away in March when the going gets good.

45 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

“We won’t miss you” response from the guy who responds to all my posts…

And why does he apparently have a perception that fans don't get to enjoy their team's success simply because they were skeptical in the offseason/preseason? Holier than thou much?

"True fans" ... if we have a very successful season, go ahead and give yourselves a pat on the back and a big ole cookie with some milk. You good boys will have earned it. The rest of us will have to sit in the naughty corner wearing our dunce caps. 

23 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

And why does he apparently have a perception that fans don't get to enjoy their team's success simply because they were skeptical in the offseason/preseason? Holier than thou much?

"True fans" ... if we have a very successful season, go ahead and give yourselves a pat on the back and a big ole cookie with some milk. You good boys will have earned it. The rest of us will have to sit in the naughty corner wearing our dunce caps. 

lol.

Being skeptical is one thing, making things downright personal to the extent of rooting for your “team” to lose is another. HoosierFan2017 implored this board in February and March for IU to lose as it was the only way to get rid of Woodson. You actively root against your team, you shouldn’t get to enjoy future success. Woodson’s “true fan” comment was aimed at this specific type of “fan”.

6 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Yeah I’ve never figured out how not loving the coach meant you couldn’t support the team. I think I’m still an IU fan. But I’ll not worry about others and just do me.

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah I’ve never figured out how not loving the coach meant you couldn’t support the team. I think I’m still an IU fan. But I’ll not worry about others and just do me.

You can dislike the coach without actively rooting for the team to lose (HoosierFan2017). Supporting the team while simultaneously hoping they lose has never made sense to me? How does that work?

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I don't think anyone gets to tell someone else how to be a fan.

I don't root for them to lose but it's similar logic to tanking for the draft.

As long as nobody is being hurt, if someone does something you wouldn't/find distasteful, you can just agree to disagree/ignore. Different strokes for different folks. It's really not that serious. We're all random guys on the internet.

It doesn't impact winning and losing. Who cares. We all want IU to win championships.

Different ideas of how to get there, but big picture, we all want the same thing. 

Kumbaya, my Lord... (sing it with me Hoosier nation) 

:farting_smiley:

Yeah, I have no shame when it comes to calling out hypocrisy. You want to cheer for the team to lose, expect to be called out when your cheer once they win. Call yourself whatever you want, I’m not stopping you.

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Yeah, I have no shame when it comes to calling out hypocrisy. You want to cheer for the team to lose, expect to be called out when your cheer once they win. Call yourself whatever you want, I’m not stopping you.

Im Calling You Out The Beast GIF

Since we're planning our call outs and storylines, can we create a BTownBanners WWE Universe? 

39 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

You can dislike the coach without actively rooting for the team to lose (HoosierFan2017). Supporting the team while simultaneously hoping they lose has never made sense to me? How does that work?

If you lack the ability to comprehend why someone would pass up short-term gratification for long-term gain, that’s not my problem. I wholeheartedly stand by my belief that IU bottoming out last season to get rid of Mike Woodson would have been much better for the future of IU basketball. Mike Woodson is not the answer for IU basketball, and putting together a trash nonconference schedule to pad the win total won’t change that. 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If you lack the ability to comprehend why someone would pass up short-term gratification for long-term gain, that’s not my problem. I wholeheartedly stand by my belief that IU bottoming out last season to get rid of Mike Woodson would have been much better for the future of IU basketball. Mike Woodson is not the answer for IU basketball, and putting together a trash nonconference schedule to pad the win total won’t change that. 

I will never root for IU to lose. Ever. Zero ability needed there. But I’m also comfortable in my own skin as well.