Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

fIre CoAch woodsoN ThREAD

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If you lack the ability to comprehend why someone would pass up short-term gratification for long-term gain, that’s not my problem. I wholeheartedly stand by my belief that IU bottoming out last season to get rid of Mike Woodson would have been much better for the future of IU basketball. Mike Woodson is not the answer for IU basketball, and putting together a trash nonconference schedule to pad the win total won’t change that. 

What great coach wants to take over a blue blood program that has "bottomed out"?  Woody getting the program respectable is a much better long term gain that what you're describing and it's not even close. I am trying to find ANYONE who thinks "Mike Woodson is the answer for IU basketball"? I think some just rather he do well than not. If he's fired after year 4 he will be the fifth IU HC since Knight that has not lived up to expectations.  Not going to be an attractive destination for the top candidates, so the cycle will likely continue. 

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

What great coach wants to take over a blue blood program that has "bottomed out"?  Woody getting the program respectable is a much better long term gain that what you're describing and it's not even close. I am trying to find ANYONE who thinks "Mike Woodson is the answer for IU basketball"? I think some just rather he do well than not. If he's fired after year 4 he will be the fifth IU HC since Knight that has not lived up to expectations.  Not going to be an attractive destination for the top candidates, so the cycle will likely continue. 

In the past, I would've agreed with this but the transfer portal and NIL really changes that. A team can be completely rebuilt in a short amount of time. Miller and Woodson have shown that IU still has enough clout to land good HS talent. IU has had talent, they've just had bad coaches.

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

In the past, I would've agreed with this but the transfer portal and NIL really changes that. A team can be completely rebuilt in a short amount of time. Miller and Woodson have shown that IU still has enough clout to land good HS talent. IU has had talent, they've just had bad coaches.

I'd rather have the program stable/doing well for the next coach. You'll also get better candidates. I am not expecting many in this thread to agree. Just giving my two cents. 

5 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I'd rather have the program stable/doing well for the next coach. You'll also get better candidates. I am not expecting many in this thread to agree. Just giving my two cents. 

If you look at the last few years even the blue bloods aren't able to get the very best coaches to come to there schools

Crappy non conference schedules render a third of the season unwatchable. I have no interest in watching IU play Little Sisters of the Poor Southwest. If that’s what you gotta do for the computers and the quad wins or whatever then fine, but it (along with many other recent changes), just makes college basketball worse. 

Exactly. Last years schedule should have been this years schedule. The preseason is not going to be watchable unless you like 40 point blowouts and watching ballo dominate 6'7 centers Weakest preseason schedule iu has had in a very long time.  

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Exactly. Last years schedule should have been this years schedule. The preseason is not going to be watchable unless you like 40 point blowouts. Weakest preseason schedule iu has had in a very long time.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

This years schedule is going to end up being tougher than last year's schedule, at least metric wise, and that's really all that matters. 

51 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

For everyone's sake I have drawn up the IU Fandom Manifesto:

Official Blind Faith Fan Membership Form

1)Must unwaveringly love IU basketball    ____

2) If living in a 300 mile radius, must attend at minimum one IU game yearly, extra fan points awarded for going to Xmas break games. Extra extra points awarded for not sitting motionless like a 80year old log for 2 hours. ____

3) Harshest criticism with regard to roster, recruiting and in game substitutions shall be limited to,"I don't understand that move by CMW, but since I lack his experience, I must just not see it." ____

4) The hump is always to be presumed to be just over the horizon.____

5)While watching any game in person or at a bar, the sound "boo" is never to be uttered unless followed by "yah."____

6)Watching IU play teams that  would finish 3rd in the IU rec tourney at the HYPER must be met with complete enthusiasm.____

7)Any person thought to be critical of coaching, the trustees, players, scheduling  must be immediately questioned about their fandom, encouraged to leave, and be told they will not be missed.____

8)Next born child shall be named Bobby, Steve, Damon, Isaiah,or the intials TJD, regardless of sex.____

Please initial each blank and sign below and circle species most identified with.

X_____________________________________________________________( lemming, sheep, duckling)

Looks great! I would add in “Must not live on the East Coast”

On 7/11/2024 at 10:21 PM, OGIUAndy said:

I don't think roster matters at all in that regard anymore.  Stability will mainly be in the form of admin structure and NIL funds.  

If Woody leaves and him and Buckner have set things so that the Simon's are giving $2mil in NIL every year,  that could be a big part of his legacy.  Otoh, if he leaves and him and him and Buckner do so in a manner that  poisons that well where that money is no longer available,  that would be part of their legacy too.  

But if I'm the next coach that's the stability I'm interested in. 

4 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Mods are playing mind games. 

But I still type it all upper case:

FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE WOODSON

Mediocre or Medicare?

9 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

The thread title now looks like a ransom note. Lol.

Maybe the mods can change some of the letters to different colors?

The mods aren’t doing this! I think we have gremlins!!

:)

On 7/12/2024 at 11:25 AM, iu eyedoc said:

For everyone's sake I have drawn up the IU Fandom Manifesto:

Official Blind Faith Fan Membership Form

1)Must unwaveringly love IU basketball    ____

2) If living in a 300 mile radius, must attend at minimum one IU game yearly, extra fan points awarded for going to Xmas break games. Extra extra points awarded for not sitting motionless like a 80year old log for 2 hours. ____

3) Harshest criticism with regard to roster, recruiting and in game substitutions shall be limited to,"I don't understand that move by CMW, but since I lack his experience, I must just not see it." ____

4) The hump is always to be presumed to be just over the horizon.____

5)While watching any game in person or at a bar, the sound "boo" is never to be uttered unless followed by "yah."____

6)Watching IU play teams that  would finish 3rd in the IU rec tourney at the HYPER must be met with complete enthusiasm.____

7)Any person thought to be critical of coaching, the trustees, players, scheduling  must be immediately questioned about their fandom, encouraged to leave, and be told they will not be missed.____

8)Next born child shall be named Bobby, Steve, Damon, Isaiah,or the intials TJD, regardless of sex.____

Please initial each blank and sign below and circle species most identified with.

X_____________________________________________________________( lemming, sheep, duckling)

I would sign but there's no clause that dictates that I'm not obligated to use the football tickets I'm forced to purchase for primo Assembly Hall seating. 

54 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The mods aren’t doing this! I think we have gremlins!!

:)

The only people who can edit the thread title is the original poster and the mod staff.

Fire Mike Woodson