Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

fIre CoAch woodsoN ThREAD

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

My 2 cents on the schedule.   As a bracketologist I understand why you hey did it.    As an IU fan that views IU as a program above just being another program I don’t like.  This is what it comes down to.   If IU is just another middle of the pack power 5 team that hasn’t experienced winning and advancing to the second weekend of the tournament then putting a schedule together that gives you a possibility of playing Arizona and Zags on neutral court as your highlight games then you play the system.   Schedule South Carolina as your marquee home game.  Destroy the bad teams and handily beat the upgraded mid major teams and you have a working schedule.    However if you view the program as special and one of the premier programs you kind have to schedule that way especially after making a big deal about we are IU we will play anybody.    Programs that are rolling challenge themselves in the non con.    If a coach is confident in his team he will load the non con  up and let the chips fall where they lay.   IU isn’t quite there as a program to where the staff is confident in their program.   The results over the last couple years tell that same story.  Not ready to be a upper tier program.   

I think it was a concerted effort by Woodson, the staff and whoever to make this schedule this way. I don’t think they wanted a big game on a neutral court against a good team because they didn’t want to take a chance of getting blown out. They wanted home wins. Woody needs the non conference to be stress free and successful.

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think it was a concerted effort by Woodson, the staff and whoever to make this schedule this way. I don’t think they wanted a big game on a neutral court against a good team because they didn’t want to take a chance of getting blown out. They wanted home wins. Woody needs the non conference to be stress free and successful.

Can't cut into his cigar and wine time... 

But now he has his best team yet and makes a super soft non conference. They will blow out every one of those teams at home. Going to be a sleeper of a non conference.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Here's part of my point to calling out CMW and the soft/weak comments. I think this schedule is humiliating to our brand and he's a big part of it. We want to be thought of as a top-tier Power 5 team. We are (or were) a Blue Blood. Name me a team that takes this ridiculous approach, soft, scared, sand-bagging approach? Here's a few teams we can start with:

Purdue, Kansas, UNC, Duke, UCONN, MSU, Arizona, Baylor, Kentucky, Arkansas, Houston, Illinois, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Marquette, Wisky, Baylor, Auburn. I can go on. Build character and perspective in early tests. Losses can and are often very healthy, especially against great competition. A proven method for success. Or...build a schedule where very single team is an easy win. Don't challenge yourself. Don't risk a loss. We're "Minnesota".

15 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

Here's part of my point to calling out CMW and the soft/weak comments. I think this schedule is humiliating to our brand and he's a big part of it. We want to be thought of as a top-tier Power 5 team. We are (or were) a Blue Blood. Name me a team that takes this ridiculous approach, soft, scared, sand-bagging approach? Here's a few teams we can start with:

Purdue, Kansas, UNC, Duke, UCONN, MSU, Arizona, Baylor, Kentucky, Arkansas, Houston, Illinois, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Marquette, Wisky, Baylor, Auburn. I can go on. Build character and perspective in early tests. Losses can and are often very healthy, especially against great competition. A proven method for success. Or...build a schedule where very single team is an easy win. Don't challenge yourself. Don't risk a loss. We're "Minnesota".

Let me ask this question to everyone who is complaining about the schedule. If we had fired Woodson and brought in Pearl or Dusty and revealed this same schedule would you still be complaining. My guess would you would not be complaining. I feel your hatred for Woodson blinds all of you and try to find anything to bash the man.

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

Let me ask this question to everyone who is complaining about the schedule. If we had fired Woodson and brought in Pearl or Dusty and revealed this same schedule would you still be complaining. My guess would you would not be complaining. I feel your hatred for Woodson blinds all of you and try to find anything to bash the man.

Could be, because I definitely do not like the man. To me, this is the type of schedule Crean would have put out before he built the team up. We have a well constructed team, on paper. This schedule will not prepare them for what's to come.

22 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

Could be, because I definitely do not like the man. To me, this is the type of schedule Crean would have put out before he built the team up. We have a well constructed team, on paper. This schedule will not prepare them for what's to come.

Type of schedule that a lot of teams are doing now of days. Iowa St last year had a very weak ooc schedule and turned it into a 2 seed. You play a lot of games like this and blow them out to better tie metrics. Everybody talks about how good of a coach the Iowa St coach is but is it a bi product of the schedule.

33 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Of course not....Auburn's non-conference schedule last year was AWFUL.

Baylor NET 15

Southeastern Louisiana NET 306

Notre Dame NET 124

St. Bonaventure NET 87

Alabama A&M NET 326

Appalachian ST NET 72

Indiana NET 98

UNC-Asheville NET 163

USC NET 88

Alabama St NET 314

Chattanooga NET 140

Penn NET 212

There are legit crazy people who need professional help when it comes to Woodson. Can not reason with people who choose emotion over fact.

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

Type of schedule that a lot of teams are doing now of days. Iowa St last year had a very weak ooc schedule and turned it into a 2 seed. You play a lot of games like this and blow them out to better tie metrics. Everybody talks about how good of a coach the Iowa St coach is but is it a bi product of the schedule.

This years schedule isn't remotely comparable to Iowa State's schedule last year. Iowa State played 9 Q4 non-conference opponents last year with six of them being sub-300 in the NET. In fact 6/14 B12 teams had Kenpom Non-conference SOS rated 300 or below. FIVE of them made the tournament. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm guessing some would say people who go to the Fire Mike Woodson thread to complain about people complaining about Mike Woodson might be the ones who need professional help. But I know I can't reason with you so not sure why I try. 

Funny. Didn't mention you or even reply to you but can understand why you would need to defend your position. LOL

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Of course not....Auburn's non-conference schedule last year was AWFUL.

Baylor NET 15

Southeastern Louisiana NET 306

Notre Dame NET 124

St. Bonaventure NET 87

Alabama A&M NET 326

Appalachian ST NET 72

Indiana NET 98

UNC-Asheville NET 163

USC NET 88

Alabama St NET 314

Chattanooga NET 140

Penn NET 212

There are legit crazy people who need professional help when it comes to Woodson. Can not reason with people who choose emotion over fact.

I just saw UK's non conference schedule. 

9 home games with no power conference teams.

3 neutral games Gonzaga, Ohio St, Duke

1 road game Clemson Sec/ACC challenge.

Those last 4 games were all pre determined so Pope had no say in those games so it  will be interested to see how they schedule in the future

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Those last 4 games were all pre determined so Pope had no say in those games so it  will be interested to see how they schedule in the future

Most Power 5 teams don't "schedule" other Power 5 teams in the non-conference; they're paired via MTE's, Network challenges, etc

It's just another blowhard talking point. 

Lol all I ever heard over the years was iu needs to play a tough pre season schedule. Now Woodson with his best team yet lines up cupcake city and we are supposed to be giddy. I guess he is trying to save his job. Every single preseason game will be 30 point blowouts .

24 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Lol all I ever heard over the years was iu needs to play a tough pre season schedule. Now Woodson with his best team yet lines up cupcake city and we are supposed to be giddy. I guess he is trying to save his job. Every single preseason game will be 30 point blowouts .

Similar to how they blew out Army, Louisville, and Morehead State by 30 points last year?

They should be 30 point blowouts but this is still a Mike Woodson coached team.

Similar to how they blew out Army, Louisville, and Morehead State by 30 points last year?

They should be 30 point blowouts but this is still a Mike Woodson coached team.

Very true but this isn't the Woodson who claimed it's indiana we are going to play the best. He clearly now is thinking about his job and running up his record. No other explanation for this schedule. All home games too. It's going to be incredibly boring playing cupcake city baby as vitale would say

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Most Power 5 teams don't "schedule" other Power 5 teams in the non-conference

Plenty of Power 5 schools schedule  home in homes with other major schools.   Mostly programs that are comfortable with where they are.   South Carolina doesn’t even get a return home game.  Basically that’s a buy game for IU if they are paying them to come play 

41 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Hopefully this is true. Remember, it's Mediocre Mike Woodson, so he can still crap the bed, even with this team of mercenaries and the cupcake schedule.