Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Whatever works!   We can all show our support in many ways, that’s as creative as  anyone’s!  I need read a post from a few days ago that someone was going to wear a “Fire Mike Woodson” shirt at one of the games and I thought he said he would be sitting behind the IU bench, that’s creative too but could be a little extreme!

I guarantee you that person wouldn't be allowed into the arena wearing that shirt.

59 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I have seen different arenas take away signs that was derogatory from fans

Derogatory should be taken away and probably remove the person too.  I am not sure if a “Fire Mike Woodson” shirt would be considered derogatory, maybe opinionated for sure!

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

I have seen different arenas take away signs that was derogatory from fans

That is quite different than not letting someone wearing a fire the coach shirt into AH.

4 hours ago, Scotty R said:

I guarantee you that person wouldn't be allowed into the arena wearing that shirt.

Yeah, gotta protect the inept coach. SMH

Listened to Assembly Call today. Not hard to pickup what they are putting down. I think that is how a lot of diehard fans are feeling right now. Woody and Staff has extra motivation to win this year to shove it down the throats of all disgruntled fans last year. SMH. I guess, whatever motivates them. I wish he would have just taken accountability last season and moved on. I’d have a lot more respect for that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Listened to Assembly Call today. Not hard to pickup what they are putting down. I think that is how a lot of diehard fans are feeling right now. Woody and Staff has extra motivation to win this year to shove it down the throats of all disgruntled fans last year. SMH. I guess, whatever motivates them. I wish he would have just taken accountability last season and moved on. I’d have a lot more respect for that.

I think that’s exactly where most of us are instead of him pitting fans against fans and saying he done his job!   Taking accountability would have gone along way and it would have shown good character and leadership, but here we are!

16 hours ago, Scotty R said:

SMH! Some of you need to move on to New material 

Opens fiRE coach woodson thREAD.

Is shocked to read  posts about firing Mike Woodson

Gets upset and derides those posting about firing Mike Woodson.

Uh...OK

Is your, Official Blind Faith Fan Membership Form in the mail?

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Uh...OK

He does it at least once a week lol

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Uh...OK

I just think it is time to back the program and stop with this non sense. All of this talk doesn't help one bit and only hurt the program. He wasn't fired and will be the coach so why not be positive for once. Do I think he is a great coach no, but he has isn't inept or as bad as you guys make him out to be 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The self-righteous schtick is especially ridiculous given that you sent multiple page-long letters to Scott Dolson during the season. You chastised people for not sending letters demanding that Woodson be fired then, and now four months later you’re chastising people for not being Woodson lovers. 

I wanted a new coach as much as anyone but I got over it and moved on.  I also look at the college coaching landscape and don't see other power teams getting big time coaches. How would you have felt if we had hired Mark Pope as our next coach. Those are the type of coaches we will get not guys like Hurley or Stevens

What I chastised fans about was if you want a change so something about it instead of just bitching on a message board. It is obvious neither one worked.

36 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I wanted a new coach as much as anyone but I got over it and moved on.  I also look at the college coaching landscape and don't see other power teams getting big time coaches. How would you have felt if we had hired Mark Pope as our next coach. Those are the type of coaches we will get not guys like Hurley or Stevens

What I chastised fans about was if you want a change so something about it instead of just bitching on a message board. It is obvious neither one worked.

Pope would be underwhelming for sure but at least he has college experience; Woodson's HC career was over for almost a decade until IU called because no one else wanted him, if he didn't play here 40 years ago it'd be a completely laughable hire and no one would've been excited.

I don't expect Stevens, but that doesn't mean you stick with a lousy coach and stop trying. Or we could give him another unearned raise and hang a "I did my job" banner since that's only banner he'll ever hang.

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I am watching it now and what I have taken from that is that they started taking things to seriously. They want to get back to just having fun and stop taking every outcome so hard. They say it is just basketball and we as fans should realize that.

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

So you're saying Woodson is the best that IU can get? That isn't a very compelling argument.

He didn't even make a top 50 list that came out after the season. That means that there are plenty of coaches out there that are better than him even if they aren't the caliber of Hurley or Stevens.