Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It is a switch in focus.  In the past we generally would play a team in the ACC challenge, a protected event, and then 1 or 2 other "name" teams and then fill out the rest of the schedule with bottom feeders.  What we did this go around is take out the "name" programs and remove a few of the sub 250 programs and replaced them with teams in the 150 range all at home.  So they are teams that look better to the computer but they are all teams that a good program beats by 15 to 20 at home (at worst).

To put another way, it is like being a 20 year old D1 college player slated to be a future pro and having the opportunity to play 1 on 1 against people.  You were playing 2 NBA guys and then 5 6th graders.  Now you are playing 6 15 year olds and an average college sophomore.  You removed all your true tests but technically have a "stronger" slate of opponents now.  Opponents you should beat handily.  

That's what we did.

We're in a tournament with two preseason top 10 teams and 2-3 other tournament caliber teams. Perhaps that factored into the equation? South Carolina was a tournament team last year and has one of the best young coaches in the game. I understand you don't personally like it, that's life. It's far from "soft". In fact in could end up being really tough assuming we don't flame out in the first round of the Bahamas. 

You aren’t even an Indiana fan Shrek!

You expect me to find Paid receipts to a social media operation?  You didn’t respond to the Amplifier being used by Tyme that was mentioned yesterday. Call conspiracy BS all you want. 

I’m wise enough to put 2 and 2 together and iubb Twitter changed when Woodson lost the crowd. Defending/attacking with coordinated messaging. They surged for the transfer portal and have been pushing since.  

arguing with you is fruitless because you are just a defender and aren’t really looking for truth. 

Umm, Dad grew up in Bloomington in a house sitting just above where Assembly Hall sits. Married Mom on campus. We listened to IU Basketball on the radio before you were born. I still know a few of RMK players personally. So FO on the "your not a fan" BS. That comment alone is exactly what that Q bs does.

You're not that wise. Become an internet sleuth. Find their IP address for the tie back if it's actually there. Heck, some dummies here were chasing flights and plane tail numbers for Donovan and Stevens, so someone must have enough I/T experience to prove your conclusions.

Do that, and it would change opinions, possibly even mine.

"Defending, attacking with coordinated message"..... sounds awful, unless it's when BTB folks are doing

it. Look in the mirror bub.

Move along, if you can't bring the receipts, you're just another comedian looking for a laugh to commit your own insurrection of sorts.

BTW, my source is ROFLHAO at the crap that comes from this site. And yes, there's a few people on this who know who that source is.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

Umm, Dad grew up in Bloomington in a house sitting just above where Assembly Hall sits. Married Mom on campus. We listened to IU Basketball on the radio before you were born. I still know a few of RMK players personally. So FO on the "your not a fan" BS.

You're not that wise. Become an internet sleuth. Find their IP address for the tie back if it's actually there. Heck, some dummies here were chasing flights and plane tail numbers for Donovan and Stevens, so someone must have enough I/T experience to prove your conclusions. Do that, and it would change opinions, possibly even mine.

"Defending, attacking with coordinated message"..... sounds awful, unless it's when BTB folks are doing it. Look in the mirror bub.

Move along, if you can't bring the receipts, you're just another comedian looking for a laugh to commit your own insurrection of sorts. BTW, my source is ROFLHAO at the crap that comes from this site. And yes, there's a few people on this who know who that source is.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

It's nobody's job to spoon feed you information, or anything, except your IRL caretaker spoon feeding you nourishment. 

You're just so far out of your depth. I provided confirmation that the Tyme account was using a paid AI tool to amplify their message, by their own admission, it was on their account. You admittedly don't spend time on X, so are largely uninformed about this topic of conversation. You had an extremely weak response when a screenshot was shared and called me a stalker. LoL. 

"Facts don't care about your feelings" or whatever you and your buddies like to say.  

Your reference to an insurrection is completely incoherent... and why do you think anyone gives two sh!ts about your "source" or anyone else reading this message board? Lmao.

Guys..

Even in this 'venting' style thread, personal attacks and name calling are not allowed.

The mods are going to have trouble searching for and hiding every personal attack post because there are so many, but suffice to say, those that continue to do this will be warned and then given consequences.

If this warning does not apply to you? It's all good.

If it does apply to you? You now have the status.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Am I the only one not upset about the schedule release? 3 games in the Battle 4 Atlantis and South Carolina. Good enough for me.

I am not upset with it

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Ok, we somewhat agree.  It is a softer, average schedule.  The type that prior coaches caught heat for and miaaing the types of teams the current coach indicated he wanted to play.

I think it was designed to take advantage of a flaw in NET because what Woodson said he wanted to do he hasn't been able to capitalize on.

When I look at the schedule strength I look more at the middle and bottom teams on the schedule. This schedule might not have the elite teams but also don't have many bottom tier teams. It isn't like we are playing a bunch of SWAC or MEAC schools who play all of their non con games on the road.

Just look at the Big 12 last year where a lot of their teams scheduled this way. Not only does it help the individual teams metrics but the conference as a whole.

15 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

When I look at the schedule strength I look more at the middle and bottom teams on the schedule. This schedule might not have the elite teams but also don't have many bottom tier teams. It isn't like we are playing a bunch of SWAC or MEAC schools who play all of their non con games on the road.

Just look at the Big 12 last year where a lot of their teams scheduled this way. Not only does it help the individual teams metrics but the conference as a whole.

You are just putting a positive spin on what I have factually stated.  We got rid of the really good games and most of the really bad games and replaced them with a bunch of teams that should be easy wins at home but look better to the computers.  That is a soft schedule to me.  Now if you had a Kentucky/Kansas/UNC/Duke/UConn/etc  guaranteed on there, Atlantis, and another South Carolina like team (50/60 net) then you are getting closer to what the schedule should be.  Sam Houston in that 150ish range moves the dial for the computers but it doesn't for anyone who really watches basketball.  That is still a team you beat handily at home 99% of the time.

All the challenges and toss ups outside of being in a protected pre-conferemce tournament were removed.  And that is why the schedule is softer than last year even though the computers will love it.

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

We're in a tournament with two preseason top 10 teams and 2-3 other tournament caliber teams. Perhaps that factored into the equation? South Carolina was a tournament team last year and has one of the best young coaches in the game. I understand you don't personally like it, that's life. It's far from "soft". In fact in could end up being really tough assuming we don't flame out in the first round of the Bahamas. 

If this schedule ends up being tough, nothing else we are talking about will matter.   Kind of like last year, the fact we couldn't pound the crap teams in the preconference was an indicator that made their NET ranking inconsequential.

Last I will say about Atlantis and all of this, the fact there is 1-4 possible tournament teams in the field doesn't matter much unless you play them.  They aren't guaranteed.  You can't count those chickens until they hatch.  We can definitively look at the rest though and we are saying the same thing.  Someone went out and scheduled for the computers.  By doing that, they have made sure that the schedule that they could choose has no real tests in it.  And if those games do end up being tests, this year is likely to look similar to last year because only 1 of those teams is likely to be on par with the majority of our BIG competition.  That wasn't the case most past years.

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

The first point tells the story. It's a total setup to help Mediocre Mike get through the season with out embarrassing losses. I guess it's good to see someone admit that in print.

MIKE WOODSON NEEDS THIS SEASON TO GO WELL

There’s no doubt Indiana could have scheduled a one-off neutral court game like they did against Arizona in 2022 and Auburn in 2023.

But neither of those games went well for Indiana, and it seems Mike Woodson is in no mood to risk getting handed a third straight embarrassing loss in a game like that this season.  It’s no secret Woodson needs the 2024-25 season to be a major success.

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The first point tells the story. It's a total setup to help Mediocre Mike get through the season with out embarrassing losses. I guess it's good to see someone admit that in print.

He doesn’t really need a Kansas or Arizona on the schedule because there will be plenty of coaches in conference make him look foolish.

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Beating the #1 overall seed was like having bonus points.  Even though they were home games they beat Purdue and Illinois at home. 2 teams that ended up going to the Elite 8.  5 wins against tourney quality teams.  They basically gave  them a pass for losing to Chicago St.   even if IU wins a Q1a game like you are saying that would have only been their 3 win against a tourney quality team.   They would have been closer to the cutline but still not enough in my eyes to move to the right side of the bubble unless that win was @Purdue or UConn.  

Gotcha.  Personally, I am not a fan of Northwestern's resume at all and think at best they should have been just on the right side of the bubble.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

He doesn’t really need a Kansas or Arizona on the schedule because there will be plenty of coaches in conference make him look foolish.

I think we were 1 neutral or road game away from the schedule being decent depending on how scheduling and games play out in Atlantis.  Maybe a better home game. But, yes this is a coordinated effort to stack W’s. 

Woody came out guns blazing and willing to face anyone and it’s been consistently terrible. I’m sure his circle has realized this and reset expected results. It’s makes a lot of sense but it’s also a little sad.  It’s not enough for me to be that upset but it will be a storyline by the National media if we take care of business because Woody isn’t their friend. 

This schedule works out well if Woodson is able to get his team to blow out the teams they're supposed to blow out. if they have close wins against those teams like they did last year, this schedule will hurt them. If they lose to teams they should beat in addition to not winning by very much against others, it'll really hurt them.

If they have more than 2 loses in the non-conference, that won't be good.

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I think this comment from the article is spir on.

We suspect that’s in part due to a vocal minority of Hoosier fans who aren’t happy with anything Woodson touches right now.  Only winning will solve that.

54 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Gotcha.  Personally, I am not a fan of Northwestern's resume at all and think at best they should have been just on the right side of the bubble.

Yeah personally was not a fan of the non SOS they had however I figured the committee would boost them up for those high level wins.   I had them as a 9 but that was what I thought the committee would do.   They still lost to Chicago St at home.   I would of had them closer to last 4 in if it was up to me 

My 2 cents on the schedule.   As a bracketologist I understand why you hey did it.    As an IU fan that views IU as a program above just being another program I don’t like.  This is what it comes down to.   If IU is just another middle of the pack power 5 team that hasn’t experienced winning and advancing to the second weekend of the tournament then putting a schedule together that gives you a possibility of playing Arizona and Zags on neutral court as your highlight games then you play the system.   Schedule South Carolina as your marquee home game.  Destroy the bad teams and handily beat the upgraded mid major teams and you have a working schedule.    However if you view the program as special and one of the premier programs you kind have to schedule that way especially after making a big deal about we are IU we will play anybody.    Programs that are rolling challenge themselves in the non con.    If a coach is confident in his team he will load the non con  up and let the chips fall where they lay.   IU isn’t quite there as a program to where the staff is confident in their program.   The results over the last couple years tell that same story.  Not ready to be a upper tier program.   

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Actually just looked the true seed list up they were last team with the bye.   They were 1 spot away from last 4 in.     Remember the 10 seeds were the play ins this year