Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I understand some of the Woody complaints but don’t get the “he got 6 million from his millionaire buddies” take as if that’s a negative.  
A lot of other schools have tons of money sloshing around and those that don’t wish they did.
If we didn’t have the cash some of the same posters would complain we don’t have funding because the donors know Woody sucks but when they do in fact pony up it’s somehow a negative.Oh well. Looking forward to seeing how (or if) these guys mesh together.

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think everything I said about Woodson and his buddies last season can be heard here. Not a good look for Dolson either.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hoosier-hysterics-podcast/id1609450696

Nope.  But can't be too surprised ... "you come to Mike Woodson, Mike Woodson doesn't come to you".  

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think everything I said about Woodson and his buddies last season can be heard here. Not a good look for Dolson either.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hoosier-hysterics-podcast/id1609450696

I’m going to listen to it at lunch hour.  Twitter burners are celebrating all of it.  Idk.  The last thing our fanbase needs is more separation and I think that’s what is coming. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m going to listen to it at lunch hour.  Twitter burners are celebrating all of it.  Idk.  The last thing our fanbase needs is more separation and I think that’s what is coming. 

I knew all of this but I still find my mouth open like OMG I can't believe he said that.

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I think if you give me two sides to a story, and tell me the Hysterics are on one side, I'm going to assume the opposite by default and it's going to take a lot of convincing to get me to switch.

If you know Woodson, just listen to the podcast and you will know this is 100% true. It also says a lot about Dolson. I can't wait to see him on campus.

They tried to be insiders, run an NIL collective, unite the fan base with a podcast, give raw unfiltered opinions with the same podcast, and be fans all at the same time. This was never going to work out long term. They were great interviewing players, but they decided to keep expanding. 

They mention not wanting to make the podcast (they didn’t have to) and always trying to help IU while actively putting out something they know is going to hurt. 

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Hysterics got their feelings hurt and aired out woodsons attitude that he has. Theyre clowns but everything they mentioned is all things the average person could piece together. 

personally glad they seem to be cut off

I will agree their clowns, but in the same sentence, he wearing the same clown makeup, the same clown shoes, and probably has a horn he's honking. 

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If you know Woodson, just listen to the podcast and you will know this is 100% true. It also says a lot about Dolson. I can't wait to see him on campus.

I don't know Woodson, but I know the Hysterics will do and say whatever is in their interest. They should have been cut off a long time ago. The how of it doesn't concern me as much as I'm glad it's finally done.

Jeff Goodman out there tweeting support of the Hysterics, as if I needed to feel any better about taking the opposite side.

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just a quick recap of the podcast. Woodson asked Eric to come to Bloomington for an in-person meeting in April. He refused to do it over the phone, via Zoom, or any other way.

Dolson, Woodson, and Eric all met in Woody's private area. Woody was upset that they had called him stubborn and had Brian Evans on their podcast in February. 

Woody said he was disappointed that he let them into his inner circle and they let him down. Even though he had asked Eric to give his kids a job on carpool karaoke.

So because of that, he was canceling Fanfest, the golf tournament, and anything else to do with HH. They asked if they could let someone else host it and he said NO. They asked why is he doing this and he said because Mike Woodson was being stubborn. HAHA the irony. 

They said why hurt the fans? He said he didn't care, true fans like him. They asked why hurt the players from getting money from this. He said the players don't need that money, they are getting big money from his buddies in NIL this year.

He told them he has been successful in every aspect of basketball and that last season was a Great Season. OMG, I can't believe that part.

Lastly, he said he wanted them to know this, and he wanted Dolson to hear this. Mike Woodson will be the coach at IU for as long as Mike Woodson wants to be the coach. 

Dolson never said a word during the whole meeting. 

One thing I forgot to add is that Woodson said he has only ever fired one person at IU and that person was Dan Fife. HAHAHA

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

I don't know Woodson, but I know the Hysterics will do and say whatever is in their interest. They should have been cut off a long time ago. The how of it doesn't concern me as much as I'm glad it's finally done.

Jeff Goodman out there tweeting support of the Hysterics, as if I needed to feel any better about taking the opposite side.

As long as your OK with last season being a great season (His words) and that he will be the coach for as long as he wants to be