Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Woodson is an embarrassment with or without a pre-emptive decline to an NIT invitation. 
Woodson is probably already in Florida golfing. I am sure the boosters set him up in style and he doesn't pay a cent or buy his own cigars .He will roll it back in the fall. Chill all!!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If I had guess, it will probably be a disappointing one

They already announced he's staying, about the only way to be more disappointing would be announcing an extension. Or that they reached an agreement on Woodson spending no days on the recruiting trail.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

They already announced he's staying, about the only way to be more disappointing would be announcing an extension. Or that they reached an agreement on Woodson spending no days on the recruiting trail.

Who announced he was staying?  Best I saw was the star report that a source in the athletic department said he would be back. Certainly not a definitive at this point although I agree it seems probable 

9 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Everyone was changing theirs and I’m still trying to figure out who’s who so why not lol.

Oh Still Fire Mike Woodson btw.

Glad to see you have come around on the Fire Woodson thing! 

And the new pic 

bordz5.gif

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If I had guess, it will probably be a disappointing one

Yeah pretty much.  I expect he'll tell us outside of Buckner and the Simon's no one is happy.  They know it's a giant mistake to bring him back blah blah blah.  But we're doing it anyway.  Dolson is bought and paid for after all his years fundraising, etc.  Has no choice.  Etc.

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Who announced he was staying?  Best I saw was the star report that a source in the athletic department said he would be back. Certainly not a definitive at this point although I agree it seems probable 

He's still under contract, even that was more than they needed to do. If you're waiting for an official announcement from Dolson, don't hold your breath.

Yeah pretty much.  I expect he'll tell us outside of Buckner and the Simon's no one is happy.  They know it's a giant mistake to bring him back blah blah blah.  But we're doing it anyway.  Dolson is bought and paid for after all his years fundraising, etc.  Has no choice.  Etc.

As much as I blame quinn the bag money people appear to be holding all the keys here. And it appears they just love nba legend mike woodson. I am sure they are convinced injuries are to blame for all our losses

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He's still under contract, even that was more than they needed to do. If you're waiting for an official announcement from Dolson, don't hold your breath.

It’d really be thumbing their noses up at the fans if we don’t get a statement on the state of the program.  But wouldn’t want to hurt woodson’s feelings again. That could cost us another decade of bad ball

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I've already gone over this so I will just say that the way to make the mistake of bringing back Woodson an even bigger mistake would be to not have some sort of official statement from the AD. There will be something official. 

8 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

The ironic thing is if the Simons and Quinn like him so much then take him at the pacers. Don’t make him our problem.

18 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

True but I was just responding to the comment that “they” said he was coming back.  No one has officially said that. They may not I agree but they also have not officially said he is. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I asked this on the coaching carousel board but I'll ask here as well...

What's the btownbanners of UofL sports? If they hire Dusty, I might have to apply for dual citizenship

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Idk, I don't frequent UL boards. Ask Google.

24 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

After Crean was fired, I brought up Brad Underwood's name and that IU should look at real hard. So many on here shot that down. What might have been.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underwood adapted his system after it flopped at first in the B1G. Huh. Imagine that!

Lastly I think part of the decision not to accept an NIt bid is so we don’t get a home game for the fans to show their displeasure 
There have been several occasions some under crean where we got in nit and had a home game. The school simply passed on that and we played the game away. Creans last season when we lost at Georgia tech was supposed to be in assembly

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk