Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

24 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I am for them standing up for their coach but their coach hasn’t done his job and for some reason is blaming the fans instead of himself.  The fans help pay his salary and have a right to be angry for this miserable season, but instead he and his players attack the fans.  The only thing that this is going to accomplish is either the fans start lashing out during games more so than what has happened or the fans stop attending games.  Heck, maybe the start becoming Purdue fans, that’s where this is going.  By the way, you need to quit posting because you are a planted Woodson supporter, just like KathywithaC is, IMO

Planted supporter

You made me laugh and made my night.

I am just a guy like you who wants to see another championship before I die.

Maybe people that are actually pissed that Indiana University has won four in a row?
I have my issues with Woody, but it is absolutely shocking to me that there are people who are truly upset that our Indiana Hoosiers have won four in a row. They are truly mad.
Why? Here’s a truth bomb: because some apparently invested so much time and energy in the narrative that the team had given up on the season and their coach. And they’re now pissed because they were proven wrong; it just wasn’t true.
It's possible some are disappointed that winning is why Woodson will be back.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

So Mike Woodson said he done his job this season. So his job is to go 10-10 and not make the tournament. Or to get any recruits.
Liking your truth bombs tonight. Your thoughts align with mine

Personally, I think some people are getting butthurt where they don’t need to be offended. I don’t care what your job is, if there is a group of people shouting that you suck and deserve to be fired and then you rip off four unexpected successes in a row (meaningless in the big picture, but still) I can imagine there is a strong desire to tell those folks “get the hell off my back”. And for all the damnation about the culture and locker room exodus coming, I take it as a positive that his guys publicly went to bat for him. Think we need to consider it is a human reaction to get a little bit chippy when someone is at your neck and you prove them wrong, even if temporarily.

to be clear I still think moving on is right, but this is being taken way too personally imo.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

It's possible some are disappointed that winning is why Woodson will be back.

Absolutely!

And if winning is the price I have to pay for another season of Mike Woodson? I’m willing to make that deal.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Is there a word for the opposite of endearing oneself to the fans? Because that’s exactly what Woodson is doing. The narrative was always how likable of a guy he is, but he’s making sure that does a 180. 

Repulsive? 

47 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I haven’t listened to the senior day speeches but sounds like Trey and Leal ripped the fans and that was setup by their coach. 

Galloway didn't say anything of the sort. He gave a standard senior day speech, then at the end said he's coming back for next year. Thanked the IU fans, called them the best in the country. Leal gave a short speech, said he was coming back, and told the fans to "chill". It was a little aggressive, but I have no problem with him supporting his coach.

Woodson's comments rubbed me the wrong way for sure. I got the vibe that Mike Woodson thinks Mike Woodson IS Indiana basketball. So if you criticize or question anything Mike Woodson does, you're not a "true fan" of IU. 

2 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Personally, I think some people are getting butthurt where they don’t need to be offended. I don’t care what your job is, if there is a group of people shouting that you suck and deserve to be fired and then you rip off four unexpected successes in a row (meaningless in the big picture, but still) I can imagine there is a strong desire to tell those folks “get the hell off my back”. And for all the damnation about the culture and locker room exodus coming, I take it as a positive that his guys publicly went to bat for him. Think we need to consider it is a human reaction to get a little bit chippy when someone is at your neck and you prove them wrong, even if temporarily.

to be clear I still think moving on is right, but this is being taken way too personally imo.

Rule 1:  You never attack the fans.  Period.  Even when they are toxic schmucks.  

All he needed to do was -- Thanks for sticking with us and filling the hall tonight.  We got some work to do in the BTT, so come on out to Minn.  

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Absolutely!

And if winning is the price I have to pay for another season of Mike Woodson? I’m willing to make that deal.

Iffffffffff....Only if we win the BTT for the first time EVER!

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So Mike Woodson said he done his job this season. So his job is to go 10-10 and not make the tournament. Or to get any recruits.

2023/24 Preseason Big Ten media poll

1. Purdue (24)
  2. Michigan State (4)
  3. Maryland
  4. Illinois
  5. Wisconsin
  6. Indiana
  7. Ohio State
  8. Northwestern
  9. Iowa
  10. Rutgers
  11. Michigan
  12. Nebraska
  13. Penn State
  14. Minnesota

So we’ve underperformed some; we’ll finish in sixth or seventh place (at worst).

My wife told me tonight I’m not a true fan if I don’t support Mike Woodson. She later ask me when we play next. I said true fans would already know. I’m happily sleeping in the basement bedroom tonight.

Well played sir. Unfortunately in marriage even when you win you still lose. It's great kids I promise!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

True and untrue , real  and unreal are catch words on fb and I'm sure other places . The blue haired rah rahs favorite thing to say is you’re not a real fan .  Was  working up his base .  . 

Been on multiple IU fan boards.

This is the only one where being a fan for more than 40 years is condescended to. 
Please don’t.

Please understand that much of the financial support for the NIl or through the Alumni Club comes from the “blue haired rah rags.”

How would you like me to stereotype you. The generation that doesn’t know what is going on at the games because you’re too busy looking at your phone?

Wonder if you paid your tuition through school or were you helped by older generations who provided for you. 

The blue hairs could be your parents and are most definitely your grandparents. Are you going to typecast them that way?

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Let’s have a show of hands!

*How many of you were turned off tonight that weren’t already irreversibly turned off by Woody?*

My opinion of his ability to lead the program hasn’t changed, and I thought it was odd for him to go there, but it didn’t turn me off. To be honest his and Leal’s comments, to me, kinda had me thinking…well, okay then, show some fight and go prove us wrong.