Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Stuhoo said:

All sarcasm aside, if after his fourth B1G win in a row, if Mike Woodson wasn’t salty about the gallows chatter he’s been receiving I’d be worried that Woodson has lost all his competitive drive and edge.

The problem is we've got very little reason to believe his competitive drive is going to work out next year, so people are going to be less receptive to him talking his **** even when it may well be deserved after ripping 4 straight. We also lost 8 straight earlier in the year. Yes there is a competitive drive, there is also not being tone deaf. Something to be said for both. 

As our friend NGW says "two things can be true at once" (did I do that right, NGW?) :) 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

All sarcasm aside, if after his fourth B1G win in a row, if Mike Woodson wasn’t salty about the gallows chatter he’s been receiving I’d be worried that Woodson has lost all his competitive drive and edge.

More worried that we're celebrating a 4 game win streak against mediocre teams that we're more talented than.

Woodson has earned every bit of that gallows chatter. Every single bit. 

Yes! The untrue fans may be the drive needed to get Woodson to get us over the hump. The true and untrue fans! We all win

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Welp, I think we can lock this thread up for a bit. 

Did you start the College Bball Thread? 

This one has real potential to overtake that one for the longest thread on this site lol

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Welp, I think we can lock this thread up for a bit. 

Why? He just lost his biggest recruit. There’s zero recruits signed for next season. 

Winning four games vs four non NCAA tournament teams isn’t impressive. He still isn’t qualified for the position and should be relieved of his duties.  

With a couple exceptions, we have almost 700 pages of evidence that we’re almost all on the same page about Woody’s ability to be the long-term solution.

However, I think everyone probably needs to get used to the idea he’ll be around next year — gonna be hard to get over the optics of firing a guy who’s 10-10 in conference, team getting better at the end of the year, and did miss his starting PG for much of the year. X can be frustrating but he really does change the defense.

Now, Woody needs to work on optics too. Too defensive for a guy who’s walked a pretty fine line every year and still doesn’t seem to get the job, recruiting, what it takes to make the tournament, etc.

But the idea that he’s didnt have a case for the job when he got it, or hasn’t done any good things? Just doesn’t hold any water.

I’m still gonna crow for Dusty and if he wins big at OSU(?) I’ll be super bummed. Long term, we’re gonna need a new guy. But let’s bring back some hoopers and add some wings and guards.