Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

59 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Fwiw: their point #3 regarding no one communicating with McNeeley since his commitment is factually wrong. The staff visited McNeeley (and Queen) at Montverde mid-November and both McNeeley and his Mom have commented any number of times about communication with Walsh. If you’re gonna make a case, make an accurate one. 

Just now, Demo said:

Fwiw: their point #3 regarding no one communicating with McNeeley since his commitment is factually wrong. The staff visited McNeeley (and Queen) at Montverde mid-November and both McNeeley and his Mom have commented any number of times about communication with Walsh. If you’re gonna make a case, make an accurate one. 

The points raised by the poster seem obviously taken from message boards and use hyperbole.

8 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Sounds like maybe Moren asked if he’d speak and he denied her in #4.  I hadn’t heard that one yet and yikes if true 

I read it as two different coaches. One asked him to speak and he declined, then him saying something nasty to Moren was a different incident.

Which is even worse. He's either that arrogant or thinks he's untouchable because of Buckner.

5 minutes ago, yard_dog said:

I know everybody is upset about losing LM, but I think Woodson is probably relieved.  I don't think he wants to rely on any freshmen getting significant playing time ever again. 

Going forward I'll bet he's going to focus on using the portal to get proven upperclassmen.  Wouldn't surprise me if he does this exclusively and abandons the traditional recruiting approach.

Well, he doesn't have to worry about that considering he no showed sectionals.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

They also came to a home game with the whole family. Christmas gift for him so I’m guessing they talked when they were in town watching a game.   I’m all in on moving on but some of this is inaccurate.  He doesn’t need any help with wanting people to move on he is doing an excellent job of doing that himself 

5 minutes ago, yard_dog said:

I know everybody is upset about losing LM, but I think Woodson is probably relieved.  I don't think he wants to rely on any freshmen getting significant playing time ever again. 

Going forward I'll bet he's going to focus on using the portal to get proven upperclassmen.  Wouldn't surprise me if he does this exclusively and abandons the traditional recruiting approach.

You have to have a program that seems better than the one from which players are transferring.

Currently we don't have that. 

26 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I like this account.

E-mails sent, thanking Quinn for retaining Mr. Woodson and telling Dolson he should be ashamed for ever trying to remove such a revered figured.

Also asked Mr. Buckner to look at sanctioned the BTownbanners posters who have made fun of Mr. Woodson.

I read it as two different coaches. One asked him to speak and he declined, then him saying something nasty to Moren was a different incident.
Which is even worse. He's either that arrogant or thinks he's untouchable because of Buckner.
He seems to have the arrogance of a Bob knight. He just lacks the three national titles and dozens of big ten titles to back it up.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Reuben with an ST said:

E-mails sent, thanking Quinn for retaining Mr. Woodson and telling Dolson he should be ashamed for ever trying to remove such a revered figured.

Also asked Mr. Buckner to look at sanctioned the BTownbanners posters who have made fun of Mr. Woodson.

Mr Mullins follows this account lmao

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

They also came to a home game with the whole family. Christmas gift for him so I’m guessing they talked when they were in town watching a game.   I’m all in on moving on but some of this is inaccurate.  He doesn’t need any help with wanting people to move on he is doing an excellent job of doing that himself 

This will be a somewhat hot take and normally not something I would agree with, but in this context I feel like it's not so serious. Something along the lines about that old adage of "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law" 

Sure, we've had touch points with him along the way since he signed. That is documented fact. 

Apparently, these touch points rarely if ever included Woodson and were few and far enough between that we p!ssed away the one recruit we actually landed this cycle. Particularly during this ambiguous time where the narrative / court of public opinion is still being formed, I'm not inclined to nit pick the hyperbole. In effect, it's the same thing (just a hot take, only as it relates to this particular topic). 

9 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He seems to have the arrogance of a Bob knight. He just lacks the three national titles and dozens of big ten titles to back it up.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

And players/recruits

23 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

You know what's interesting about the quote Einstein never said it people have misattributed him as having said that. 

Who is responsible for the quote? That's funny that it is universally accepted that Einstein said it 

Finally, I go drive truck today, couldn't read while driving, 4 hours later catch up on this thread!  BTownBanners is awesome! I think I had around 45-50 pages to catch up with since last night.

I wish this forum could be like an audio book and I could listen while I drive!  

Hova, get to work! lol

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Well, he doesn't have to worry about that considering he no showed sectionals.

Hope fans don't get their hopes.up for the 2025 class, because i don't think Woodson is going to prioritize recruiting and developing underclassmen

22 minutes ago, yard_dog said:

Welcome to the board, @yard_dog!