Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I don't blame him in the least for not wanting to discuss it:

1. There are no good answers.
  2. Opening the door enables a ton of follow-up questions on the subject, which sends him back to "there are no good answers."

Does it really matter if there are no good answers if you're trying to right the ship and protect your job that you get paid millions to do? Part of being a HC is answering the hard questions that directly pertain to the job that you are doing. So his job, recruiting, in game adjustments are all off the table for discussion just because there is no good news. I know RMK was a bear with the media, but he had his record to stand on, what does Woody currently have to stand on?

sorry not lashing out at you, just overly fed up with what is going on. Just take some accountability, Woody!

Just now, rcs29 said:

That'll help getting the media and fans back on your side Mike. Throw away all of your recruiting re$ource$ for 2024, have zero players for '24 and '25 and then refuse to speak to everyone's concern. I'm teetering on not liking the person Mike as much as I don't like the coach.

I don't care how stubborn a person is, there is definitely a limit to where you draw the line. Mike is a very proud person for being born and raised in Indiana, successful HS bb career in Indy, amazing college career under Coach Knight at IU as well a good NBA career. 

He has to feel the heat and that things are rapidly closing in around him. It's just my opinion, but something tells me this will be re-evaluated by the higher ups in the coming weeks and a new plan will surface. I may be completely wrong, but I just feel an about face could be on the horizon. I sure hope so, at least.

GO IU.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I don't blame him in the least for not wanting to discuss it:

1. There are no good answers.
  2. Opening the door enables a ton of follow-up questions on the subject, which sends him back to "there are no good answers."

Heres his answer I swear I thought it said movement.

IMG_0254.png

12 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

I look at the "can't fire a legend or you'll look bad" very differently I guess.

If Duke hired Grant Hill, or North Carolina hired Sam Perkins, etc., then fired them later for genuinely poor performance (or like NC did with Dougherty), I wouldn't say "Oh, look how crazy and unreasonable they are, they fired one of their own". 

I would be like, "look how serious they are about being good and not tolerating mediocrity, he sucked and they moved on".

I think IU is WAY over-sensitive about this. If the coach isn't getting it done, move on!

nice post!

Just now, reconmkd said:

Does it really matter if there are no good answers if you're trying to right the ship and protect your job that you get paid millions to do? Part of being a HC is answering the hard questions that directly pertain to the job that you are doing. So his job, recruiting, in game adjustments are all off the table for discussion just because there is no good news. I know RMK was a bear with the media, but he had his record to stand on, what does Woody currently have to stand on?

sorry not lashing out at you, just overly fed up with what is going on. Just take some accountability, Woody!

All of that would require a plan. He doesn't have one, he's just flying at the seat of his pants. You can't answer questions you don't know the answer to. He doesn't know what he is doing. 

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

Agree!

But when I say "there are no good answers" that means he's trying to hold off the heat, and going down that route will only bring more heat. He is counting on extending the winning streak to four games this weekend. That and a successful BTT will turn down the heat.

Just now, Chris007 said:

All of that would require a plan. He doesn't have one, he's just flying at the seat of his pants. You can't answer questions you don't know the answer to. He doesn't know what he is doing. 

A simple: Look guys, Mike Woodson, knows that things look pretty bleak regarding recruits, hell Mike is just as shocked as you from the news last night, but this is not good enough for IU and Mike Woodson needs to make some changes to right the ship!

That is very obvious at this point. The fact he hadn't talked to Liam in three months if true should be the first clue. How hard is it to just even text your one lone recruit.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Just now, Chris007 said:

As someone else said if Quinn & the Simons really cared for Woody they would do something and not put him what he is about to go through this summer and definitely next season. His wife and family too.

This isn't a recipe to finish your career. 

Who said his career is finished? You know the next move...extend him! hahaha

Just now, Chris007 said:

As someone else said if Quinn & the Simons really cared for Woody they would do something and not put him what he is about to go through this summer and definitely next season. His wife and family too.

This isn't a recipe to finish your career. 

Could not agree more. Please, PLEASE, someone in his corner advise him to step down and retire because it can get way, way uglier. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'll take a stab at why someone would. We still would have top 10 NIL money for the new coach to go use in the portal. He can keep a few of our players already. Might bring some with him. Plus the 25 class from the state is really good. Probably a good time also to get IU to overpay with the situation were in. 

Yep. A top notch coach with a work ethic can clear this mess right up.

IU has to have the top or one of the top NIL programs in the big ten yet now we don't have a single recruit. How is more money going to make much of a difference?

Between this and if we have a massive amount of our players enter the portal there has to be more internal discussions now. Keep or get rid of, I don't see how the plan stays the same.

Even the big money donors backing him have to reevaluate. This is insanity.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

That is very obvious at this point. The fact he hadn't talked to Liam in three months if true should be the first clue. How hard is it to just even text your one lone recruit.

Yep... it's not like he has so many signed recruits that there isn't time in the week to reach out to all of them... just more lazy arrogance... can't interfere with his tee time schedule and not talking about things.

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

This is coaching malpractice from him and his staff at the highest degree. But it doesn't surprise me this Sleepy Mike would do this, which is even more alarming. 

Just now, HoosierMatty said:

IU has to have the top or one of the top NIL programs in the big ten yet now we don't have a single recruit. How is more money going to make much of a difference?

Between this and if we have a massive amount of our players enter the portal there has to be more internal discussions now. Keep or get rid of, I don't see how the plan stays the same.

Even the big money donors backing him have to reevaluate. This is insanity.

image.thumb.png.0593b3fe955359120738944e0fb60373.png