Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

No... the reports that I've seen say he only told "Indiana" (not sure if it was Woodson, Walsh or someone else) about an hour before the published story broke.

I think it's more likely that the decision to decommit had been made earlier (report said "quite a while ago"), waiting to see what was happening with Woodson before announcing it... word that Woodson was coming back forced Liam to have to ask for a release instead of getting the almost automatic release associated with a coaching change.

All I know is what I read... the rest is speculation on my part. But it makes sense to me.

Doing it the day after a "source" says Woody will be back next year is, certainly, .... 

Coincidental timing? A choice? 

Beauty is in the eye of the interpreter. Good luck at Kansas or Texas Liam.

10 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

We should ask Painter what he thinks about playing through the post too. 

Hell, Purdue is second in the nation in three point shooting percentage.  Because Painter knows even when he has the NPOY in the post, you have to run plays for your shooters.

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

Why are we starting over with an almost completely new roster(now with 0 2024 commits) with a 66 year old coach?  I have yet to receive a decent answer to this question.  It defies all logic. 

It does defy all logic... but it's Indiana. It's Buckner and it is a massive clown show... there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for anything except "Archie got 4 years, Woodson must also get 4 years".

Just now, Chris007 said:

There is a good chance we can finally get rid of the Hysterics. Eric went live on Twitter saying it’s the fans fault. He clearly got that from the staff. He’s been ripped on Peegs in multiple threads for the last 2 hours. They are hammering him. I love it.

Excellent... if you're gonna spew the company line, you're likely to get skewered...

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

There is a good chance we can finally get rid of the Hysterics. Eric went live on Twitter saying it’s the fans fault. He clearly got that from the staff. He’s been ripped on Peegs in multiple threads for the last 2 hours. They are hammering him. I love it.

As much as I love Indiana and crave any info and news about the program, I cannot stomach these guys. I tried listening one time and made it a few minutes before I just had to stop. They are the absolute worst and in my humble opinion, a complete embarrassment. They should not be affiliated with IU in anyway. 

I hope that’s the case. Let’s see your comments now Woodson. 

“We play for the name on the front of the jersey and for Mike Woodson, if you don’t want to play for Indiana, Mike woodson’s team, then Mike Woodson doesn’t want you anyways. Mike Woodson only wants guys that will play the Indiana way…Mike Woodson way” - Mike Woodson probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't have to explain my recruiting or results to you or anyone else. I'm NOT going to answer that. I am comfortable in my own skin and I can recruit how and who I want. Is that all? Goodnight" ... gets up and staggers off the stage. 

Replace “I” with “Mike Woodson” and you’ve got it pegged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Another fun tidbit for people in case they don’t know: the NCAA has shortened the portal window from 60 days to 45 days. So we are going to have to recruit 4-8 players at a minimum. And of those, 3-4 need to be starter level players and we have 45 days to do it and build almost an entire roster. In short, we are cooked my dudes. 
edit: half a sentence got deleted

No, you're misunderstanding the portal. That window is the time the players have to enter the portal. They don't have to choose a school within that timeframe. That the window is shorter isn't really a big deal, the large majority of players have been in the portal well before 45 days after it opened in the past.

Now, whether Woodson can get enough quality players out of the portal is a completely different topic. I doubt it.

Just now, Chris007 said:

What hubris from the staff if that’s truly their message.  They are making it impossible for people to stay fans of the program by bad decision making and then they turn around and blame us for all of their shortcomings.  Total clown show

Just now, hoopsta007 said:

What hubris from the staff if that’s truly their message.  They are making it impossible for people to stay fans of the program by bad decision making and then they turn around and blame us for all of their shortcomings.  Total clown show

Becoming increasingly tougher to defend Mike Woodson the person if what we're hearing about no contact with McNeeley is accurate. Whatever talking points they've sent Eric out there with could not be more condescending and self indulgent. Whew. 

The audacity. The lack of self awareness. The lack of doing your job. 

36 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yeah he said long ago he wanted to play for a national title. But the not keeping in contact with your one and only recruit is just absurd. Dereliction of duty.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Especially when that recruit's signature celebration move is miming a phone call.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Fans fault LOL. He got that from Kenya.