Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm saying there is going to be a fight. Who wins that fight is going to determine where IUBB is at for the next couple of TWENTY years. 

fixed that for you...

Seriously, though, I do appreciate your insight, your knowledge of how things work at IU and your willingness to share what you can.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Because everyone is scared of him. He is vice president of the Pacers and has the Simons backing him. No one wants to cross QB. He is letting everyone know that Woodson is getting a 4th year. He won't even have a conversation about it. 

Another sad part is if he makes the tournament next year, then he will probably get a 5th year. 

I loved Quinn as an IU player and NBA. He has always been a constant supporter of IU. However, this is where I draw the line. As Chairman and member of the Trustees, you are there to listen and support what is needed.

I'm going to look at this from the experience I have, currently being a church trustee. I know it's not anywhere near the same, but it is similar it the fact that you need votes to pass unanimously for approvals. This past year I was the Chairman of Trustees at our local church and is the largest church in our city. My vote was just as important as my fellow trustees, however, the majority vote always prevails. We never disagreed on any votes, but always voted according what was best for the church and what the peopled needed. I couldn't imagine "holding hostage" a vote just for my selfish reasoning.

If a new hire is something that the IU President is supportive of, will/would she step in?

JMO

GO IU!

23 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

It's why I told everyone Pat Kraft needed to be the AD.  He wouldn't tolerate this nonsense from Quinn.  You can't have Quinn Buckner's ****** running the AD.

The thing is, though, you need the BOT to approve such a hire. And it seems to me as if it doesn't matter if the AD is Scott Dolson or Scott Stapp -- Buckner controls the BOT and since he's a basketball guy, he thinks he knows what's best for the program. 

I'm not sure how much throwing stones at Dolson helps. Seems as if his hands are tied. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just to clear everything up I was told that if Dolson could get a proven P5 coach to come then we could move on from Woody. Then Sunday I got info that Pearl & IU had agreed to the numbers. So my assumption would be that Woody wouldn't be back because we had Pearl. Little did I know that Buckner is not having any of this. He won't talk about it, he is adamant that Archie got 4 years, Woody gets 4 years. 

No one knows where Whitten is at on all of this. 

Assuming any of this is true, this is how the dumbest organizations in the world make decisions. Which leads me to believe there’s some possibility that this is how IU is operating.   

Here’s how this will play out. Dolson belatedly wins that fight and they announce Woody is gone. BP gets what he wants from Auburn and pulls the rug out from underneath Dolson (he’ll be familiar with this sensation). During that time May will have agreed to contractual terms with another major school. We’ll scramble and hire somebody we never expected with half the resume or upside of May because the donors who promised money got BP didn’t want to give it for a mid major guy.  

Ahhhh…the life of an IU fan!

Maybe all the Bruce Pearl talk was a QB psy-op to distract us from the obvious candidate in May long enough for him to go elsewhere and lock up a 4th year of Woody when this should be a very straightforward change to make. Mainly joking of course lol

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I know it's probably that simple in your small little world. But more than that it's who you talk to. If you are talking to someone in the athletic department than they want him gone. Most former players want him gone. If you are talking to someone in Buckner's camp he's back there are no questions asked. People say they want info but then when I give it you accuse me of doing things for clicks. I don't get anything for sharing what I hear.

I wasn't talking about you but Rabby

I’m 30 years old. I was a freshman and sophomore during the Zeller/Oladipo era. I was a diehard fan during the Crean tenure, the disastrous Archie Miller tenure, and during the last two seasons with Woodson. If IU doesn’t get rid of Woodson after this season I think I’m going to take a break from IU basketball. It’s hard not to feel like an abusive relationship right now and if IU can’t get serious about its basketball program I don’t see why I should be serious either. 

21 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

He’s gone next year. Let it be weird for a year. Who cares. 

Are you serious?

It's not just "next year". Buckner screwing this up will set the program back for 5-10 years... if Buckner cannot see the mess that it is now, and how much worse it will be next year, then he needs to be gone... Keeping Woodson for the 24-25 season means no HS recruits to build a base on for the future. If/when Woodson finally does leave, the program will be in shambles in terms of the recruiting pipeline because Mike Woodson doesn't recruit HS players - he lives in the portal and working short-term recruits who decommit from other programs.

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm saying there is going to be a fight. Who wins that fight is going to determine where IUBB is at for the next couple of years. 

Setting the time machine for 2008. Although this may be worse... lol 

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Are you serious?

It's not just "next year". Buckner screwing this up will set the program back for 5-10 years... if Buckner cannot see the mess that it is now, and how much worse it will be next year, then he needs to be gone... Keeping Woodson for the 24-25 season means no HS recruits to build a base on for the future. If/when Woodson finally does leave, the program will be in shambles in terms of the recruiting pipeline because Mike Woodson doesn't recruit HS players - he lives in the portal and working short-term recruits who recommit from other programs.

I was replying to people not wanting to cross QB. Meant he’s done after next year, who cares if you cross him?

26 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

I loved Quinn as an IU player and NBA. He has always been a constant supporter of IU. However, this is where I draw the line. As Chairman and member of the Trustees, you are there to listen and support what is needed.

I'm going to look at this from the experience I have, currently being a church trustee. I know it's not anywhere near the same, but it is similar it the fact that you need votes to pass unanimously for approvals. This past year I was the Chairman of Trustees at our local church and is the largest church in our city. My vote was just as important as my fellow trustees, however, the majority vote always prevails. We never disagreed on any votes, but always voted according what was best for the church and what the peopled needed. I couldn't imagine "holding hostage" a vote just for my selfish reasoning.

If a new hire is something that the IU President is supportive of, will/would she step in?

JMO

GO IU!

I understand and agree... but it's nepotism in its purest form... Buckner is looking out for his friend. 

As a trustee (and the board chair, no less) his responsibility has to be to do what is in the best interest of the university. Buckner has abdicated that responsibility in favor of hiring a friend (and keeping said friend employed).

Ironically, the Indiana basketball program that was great in the '70s and '80s is now being destroyed by the very ones who made it great. They are actively destroying both the program and its legacy.

13 minutes ago, hper50 said:

Not how I wanted to start my Tuesday 

yep... I'm taking a mulligan and going back to bed. will try it again in a few hours.

14 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Assuming any of this is true, this is how the dumbest organizations in the world make decisions. Which leads me to believe there’s some possibility that this is how IU is operating.   

Here’s how this will play out. Dolson belatedly wins that fight and they announce Woody is gone. BP gets what he wants from Auburn and pulls the rug out from underneath Dolson (he’ll be familiar with this sensation). During that time May will have agreed to contractual terms with another major school. We’ll scramble and hire somebody we never expected with half the resume or upside of May because the donors who promised money got BP didn’t want to give it for a mid major guy.  

Ahhhh…the life of an IU fan!

I hear Kitchel is next up for Buckner... Kitchel has NO NBA coaching experience to mess up his coaching style...

Gonna go take my aging hound dog for a walk, then go vote (despite the goings on on this thread, it's Super Tuesday here). 

I highly doubt it, but hoping there's better news when I return!