Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

So I did some research of the mysterious trilly everyone has mentioned for a year now. How is it possible the guy who seems totally connected is still not known? He can get constant scoops but nobody knows who he is. He is like a ghost.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Either someone who is very involved and just loves the sport and isn’t worried about the “look at me” part of this world anymore. Or it could be a group of people under that same premise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Either someone who is very involved and just loves the sport and isn’t worried about the “look at me” part of this world anymore. Or it could be a group of people under that same premise.

It is multiple people according to rabby

It is multiple people according to rabby

I think it would have to be nobody can keep hidden that long alone or get that many great scoops being just one person.

How many people performing at a 15-13 overall record; that includes 7-10 conference record, that includes 12-5 home record, that includes 2-6 away record with a win streak of 1 and no plan for success on their current job and be given $11,506.85 per day.  
Life is Good.

Maybe, this post belongs in the Positive Only thread.

Well, I caved and finally joined the Trilly discord. However, I’ve discovered I’m not smart enough to use discord. How the heck do you find Trilly’s juicy posts? All I’m seeing is an endless stream of everyone else’s posts. If anyone can help a dummy out please PM me (so we don’t clog up this thread with more worthless babble).

I have been following this website since the Crean days but I’m drunk tonight and finally decided to sign up for an account and post something. I may be wrong, but I do not think I’ve seen so many fans on this website and Twitter ready to move on to a different coaching staff in my young (compared to some on here) life. I think the combination of Woodsons age, lack of recruits signed, and overall roster and game management have made it clear that we have to make a coaching change ASAP. Tbh I’m not sure who my preferred next coach would be but if we got Dusty or Pearl I’d be way more optimistic and excited about the future than I am right now. Again, just drunk and a first time poster.

Yep. The main reason most want to move on isn't even necessarily the record. It's the future. One recruit signed. No indiana recruiting to speak of. No culture. No plan other than the portal. If there was even a glimmer of hope people might be willing to give him another year. But help is not on the way as they say. Coaching is suspect also. Had he landed boogie and queen it might be different but he struck out with no backup plan

Im an old man and I never take offense to old man comments made anywhere. This is a forum. Opinions and Jokes  are part of it. I didn't fall down and cry the other day when someone joked I might have hemorrhoids because when I tried my morning crap it would not get over the hump ... it was all in a joking manner.
I suggest you take a break from this thread, seriously. 
If somebody gets offended easily they will never ever be a success in business or life. You better have a tough skin to succeed. And no sense of humor like you have forget it. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.

That's the point.  You've said that already....many times over.  There isn't anything else to say.

How is that different than posters saying over and over for almost 400 pages that Woody has to go? I don't see a difference. His viewpoint is people can respect Woody while wanting him gone. Other viewpoints want Woody gone. They all say their views over and over again.

BTW, Woody needs to be gone

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kottke said:

Well, I caved and finally joined the Trilly discord. However, I’ve discovered I’m not smart enough to use discord. How the heck do you find Trilly’s juicy posts? All I’m seeing is an endless stream of everyone else’s posts. If anyone can help a dummy out please PM me (so we don’t clog up this thread with more worthless babble).

I’m struggling with the same if anyone could comment on this here or PM me too 

4 hours ago, bourbonhoosier27 said:

I have been following this website since the Crean days but I’m drunk tonight and finally decided to sign up for an account and post something. I may be wrong, but I do not think I’ve seen so many fans on this website and Twitter ready to move on to a different coaching staff in my young (compared to some on here) life. I think the combination of Woodsons age, lack of recruits signed, and overall roster and game management have made it clear that we have to make a coaching change ASAP. Tbh I’m not sure who my preferred next coach would be but if we got Dusty or Pearl I’d be way more optimistic and excited about the future than I am right now. Again, just drunk and a first time poster.

I'd take Pearl in a heartbeat. If Dolson went to donors for a 12m buyout after just getting a large amount to get rid of Allen then he'd better be looking at a bigger hire than Dusty May.

With the state of the program right now Indiana can't afford a "could be here 20 years, could need fired in 4" gamble like May would be.

Welcome aboard.....well officially anyhow

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

How is that different than posters saying over and over for almost 400 pages that Woody has to go? I don't see a difference. His viewpoint is people can respect Woody while wanting him gone. Other viewpoints want Woody gone. They all say their views over and over again. 
BTW, Woody needs to be gone

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

People saying Woody has to go are saying just that, he has to go. Steuben has been chastising other posters. So one type states they want a coach fired (under the fire....thread) and aim nothing at other posters. Meanwhile, the other type states that posters need to be respectful and that is 100 % aimed at posters. So yeah, get a person on a mb telling them they're doing it wrong and guess what? That board will kindly tell them to piss off

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

I'd take Pearl in a heartbeat. If Dolson went to donors for a 12m buyout after just getting a large amount to get rid of Allen then he'd better be looking at a bigger hire than Dusty May.

With the state of the program right now Indiana can't afford a "could be here 20 years, could need fired in 4" gamble like May would be.

I see Pearl as a pretty “high floor/low ceiling” candidate. I’d have reservations giving a bunch of money for a guy who is going to be 70 in 5 or 6 years. The history of coaches past 70 isn’t promising. Even the greatest coaches slow down by then.  

I’ve known enough good businessman, attorneys, etc…that were able to keep up a high level past that age that’d I’d never say it can’t be done. But coaching, while obviously a mental endeavor, really seems to take a physical toll, too. I don’t know if it’s the travel or stress or whatever, but it’s a taxing job.  

In other words, you likely get Pearl to come in and rebuild the program for a couple years, have a couple good years, and then either are looking to move on from him or have him build your succession plan.

It’s not the worst plan by any means. I don’t think it’s entirely clear to me you pass up taking a chance on a guy who you think could be great for 20 years. That is, of course, if you’re convinced such a person exists and isn’t just the next flavor of the year. 

7 hours ago, bourbonhoosier27 said:

Good first post, regardless of BAC, and welcome. Your thoughts are shared by many. 

11 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

I would have to see how the season ended. 

Win the B1G tournament and get to the dance 3 years in a row, it would be hard to fire him.

Lose out and he’s going to be gone, assuming that the replacement is in place.

Somewhere in between is where it gets dicey and I would have to go to the donors to decide how much support he does or doesn’t have. Again, if Pearl is there and ready to take the job that makes the decision easier. Maybe Oats too. Anyone else would take some convincing by the donors.

I said before that I give Woodson about a 2% chance of returning. Not sure how that translates into I’m a Woody defender.

Just don’t believe in tearing him down personally. It’s not that hard to understand 

But you would wait until he lost out to even start looking for a replacement? That takes time so it would put IU way behind. Plus, it wouldn't look good going a few weeks with Woodson's status in limbo even though IU's season is over.

Good thing you aren't the AD.

8 hours ago, bourbonhoosier27 said:

Bottoms up.  Welcome aboard.  Really good first post.  Looking forward to your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.

46 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I see Pearl as a pretty “high floor/low ceiling” candidate. I’d have reservations giving a bunch of money for a guy who is going to be 70 in 5 or 6 years. The history of coaches past 70 isn’t promising. Even the greatest coaches slow down by then.  

I’ve known enough good businessman, attorneys, etc…that were able to keep up a high level past that age that’d I’d never say it can’t be done. But coaching, while obviously a mental endeavor, really seems to take a physical toll, too. I don’t know if it’s the travel or stress or whatever, but it’s a taxing job.  

In other words, you likely get Pearl to come in and rebuild the program for a couple years, have a couple good years, and then either are looking to move on from him or have him build your succession plan.

It’s not the worst plan by any means. I don’t think it’s entirely clear to me you pass up taking a chance on a guy who you think could be great for 20 years. That is, of course, if you’re convinced such a person exists and isn’t just the next flavor of the year. 

That’s it, we can’t take a chance on “could be”, we need a proven P5 sure thing coach and I would take Pearl in the short term because he would right the ship and make it appealing for the next guy. I can see him being here at least 7 years.  To me, Dusty May is another gamble in which we’ve experienced the last couple hires, and we can’t afford that