Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I just saw a couple semi attractive purdue cheerleaders.. They must have inserted them tonight for national tv.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

ugly.jpeg

29 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I would have to see how the season ended. 

Win the B1G tournament and get to the dance 3 years in a row, it would be hard to fire him.

Lose out and he’s going to be gone, assuming that the replacement is in place.

Somewhere in between is where it gets dicey and I would have to go to the donors to decide how much support he does or doesn’t have. Again, if Pearl is there and ready to take the job that makes the decision easier. Maybe Oats too. Anyone else would take some convincing by the donors.

I said before that I give Woodson about a 2% chance of returning. Not sure how that translates into I’m a Woody defender.

Just don’t believe in tearing him down personally. It’s not that hard to understand 

Talking about Woody’s job performance isn’t “tearing him down personally.” He’s lazy at his job. We’ve heard that from multiple sources. The AD has to tell him to go out and recruit. He doesn’t have attention to detail. He calls recruits the wrong name. Nothing about Mike Woodson suggests he’s giving the job 100%. There’s no reason to beat around the bush and not talk about it. 

Well… Indiana state hockey finals were awesome today.

This thread, not so much.

Purdue being a clear #1 seed not so much.

Watching Sandfort do miracle work for his team and willing them to the dance is something else. I HATE Fran but it’s hard not to root for Sandfort.

As far as Woodson… it’s a predictable as his postgame pressers. Nothing is changing.

The only exciting thing is SearchSZN and Portal Kombat are just around the corner so we can dream of a respectable team for 7 more months.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The relentlessness of this board can be brutal at times lol. 
Knowing when to give it a rest is key. Myself included obviously
Nope, you're good lol. It's only been a couple posters honestly and one of them has gotten better.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Talking about Woody’s job performance isn’t “tearing him down personally.” He’s lazy at his job. We’ve heard that from multiple sources. The AD has to tell him to go out and recruit. He doesn’t have attention to detail. He calls recruits the wrong name. Nothing about Mike Woodson suggests he’s giving the job 100%. There’s no reason to beat around the bush and not talk about it. 
I think Woodson has had it sort of easy honestly. I don't condone low level tactics but Mike Davis had it 100 times worse than Woodson and he had actually made a final. We think he stinks at his job that's all. Davis took personal attacks 24/7 and stood tall. Never really folded til the end.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I think the tearing him down is different to different ppl. I don’t find the hump jokes, cigars, and golf comments to be tearing him down. Saying there is an issue with being a tool by telling him to retire in front of his wife is a bit much to me and I wouldn’t do it. But I think people are taking out their frustrations on Woodson when the issue is with administration for putting someone not qualified into the role to begin with. 

I agree it gets dicey in the middle ground of how the season will end. But when I see 1 high school recruit coming in. And he is a 1-2 year player. We will have a gap in our classes and need to fill in the portal for some upperclassmen in a couple years. The roster building is terrible. The recruiting philosophy isn’t one to be successful. And since he was a bridge to begin with. The goal can’t be to be better than Archie Miller. the goal needs to be consistently good. Consistently a top conference team. Consistently building a team that plays a modern style. Building and designing a program using analytics. 

There is nothing sustainable that Woodson has built that you can hang your hat on that shows the program is moving forward to be a contender. Time for a change imo. 

If what Rabjohns is saying is true which I think it is because it is most likely coming from the AD department, Woodson, Kitchell, Buckner and Thomas are to blame.  They made the call.  Which blows my mind because if you look at their history….it screams don’t listen to me because they are unqualified to make that decision. 

Edited by IUGRAD06

If what Rabjohns is saying is true which I think it is because it is most likely coming from the AD department, Woodson, Kitchell, Buckner and Thomas are to blame.  They made the call.  Which blows my mind because if you look at their history….it screams don’t listen to me because they are unqualified to make that decision. 
I think that was kind of already understood they made the call. I mean it's only logical you don't seek out an NBA former coach with no experience without inside influences.

So I did some research of the mysterious trilly everyone has mentioned for a year now. How is it possible the guy who seems totally connected is still not known? He can get constant scoops but nobody knows who he is. He is like a ghost.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I think that was kind of already understood they made the call. I mean it's only logical you don't seek out an NBA former coach with no experience without inside influences.

I am just shocked it’s out now more or less.  I think everyone knew it was Buckner call but it involved a lot of others as well.  I think there is a bunch of crap behind the scenes right now happening. It leaking like this with details is coming from somewhere and it’s not looking good for Woodson and company. Also looking like IU doesn’t have its stuff together which is obvious as well.  

I am just shocked it’s out now more or less.  I think everyone knew it was Buckner call but it involved a lot of others as well.  I think there is a bunch of crap behind the scenes right now happening. It leaking like this with details is coming from somewhere and it’s not looking good for Woodson and company. Also looking like IU doesn’t have its stuff together which is obvious as well.  
It was clearly alot of old time guys who were convinced their buddy could get it done. I knew we would eventually get an iu guy unless the former coaches worked out. But I suspected it would be a younger guy like fife or even Lewis never a 64 year old with no college experience.