Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

A cup of coffee, need two ... but still trying to understand this morning WHY ... the excuse of number of total visits or number for a recruit doesn't sound right. Those other coaches have been there as much if not more than Woodson and were still at games last night. Now I will spend all day on here and X waiting for the real answer LOL

Remember, don’t text and pedal! Lol

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

May not even be about money. He could go to them and say he wants movement on a basketball only facility, or his son named coach in waiting, etc.

If that’s a big deal to him then why, at 63-64, wait around for it to be built when you’re not getting any younger and there’s already a nice facility in Bloomington waiting for you to use? C’mon back to Indiana Bruce!

12 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

I don’t know if that’s enough to get Pearl to jump, but that number would tell me that this university is taking this program seriously for the first time in decades. I always hear that money is no issue, and that number would be IU acting like it for once. 

If a nearly $3M/year raise doesn't make you jump for your dream job, you were never interested in the first place. I'd be shocked if we offered him that. I want Young Brucie, so if that what it takes to 100% get it done, let's do it. But I'd be surprised if we needed to give him a raise at all, based on how he's talked about the IU job in the past.

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

If a nearly $3M/year raise doesn't make you jump for your dream job, you were never interested in the first place. I'd be shocked if we offered him that. I want Young Brucie, so if that what it takes to 100% get it done, let's do it. But I'd be surprised if we needed to give him a raise at all, based on how he's talked about the IU job in the past.

Yeah, sometimes big raises are PR as much as anything. “I mean look at this raise they gave me, I had no choice but to jump! I’m not a bad guy!”

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Please Scotty D. make this end ASAP one way or the other.  Either confirm he's going or confirm he's staying.

Trying to stay level headed but the silence feels pretty telling. We only have 3 regular season games left. Scotty isn't dumb enough to know there isn't a ton of chatter out there. The fact that he's said nothing at all, especially that he hasn't said anything about him coming back.....well, again, I'm trying to stay level headed. And doing a very poor job.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Knee surgery is why I'm on a bike and not still pounding pavement.  Doc said keep running and you'll chip more bone and told me to swim or cycle.  I swim like a rock so it was cycling by default.  I still wish I could run but I do enjoy the solitude of a bike ride and the changing of the seasons on country roads.

Running is a big part that led to my knee replacement. I was getting up at 4:30 to run 3-4 times a week. Loved the peacefulness of it. The pounding did me in as well...along with being a catcher in baseball and a lineman in football. I tried riding my bike once that early. Had all the lights and reflectors. Wasn't so worried about things on the road. More concerned with what was lurking off the road. Couldn't relax to enjoy the ride. I ride now during the day, but since I am still working, don't have the time to put in nearly the miles that you guys do.

2 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

Yeah, sometimes big raises are PR as much as anything. “I mean look at this raise they gave me, I had no choice but to jump! I’m not a bad guy!”

Very true. But with Young Brucie, I feel like he has a pretty good "look, this opportunity is something I've always dreamed of, you've all heard me talk about Indiana basketball throughout my career, and with where I'm at, when this opportunity presented itself, I just couldn't pass it up" line he could throw out there and most people would reasonably understand that money wasn't a huge factor. Now, on Scotty D's side, I understand the strategy of if we're going to go for this, Young Brucie, here's what we got, an offer you simply cannot refuse.

I *think* it was Ant Wright on Twitter talking about the state of the ACC and coaches possible being able to be poached. I had mentioned UVA’s struggles and that if I were Bennett I’d be worried about the future there with NIL.

The Big 12 seems more stable but I don’t know what the NIL future for basketball is at Baylor.  

If IU is really taking about spending ~$8mil/yr for a coach, I’d assume any package comes with some beefed up NIL commitments for the new coach.  

At that level of spending I’d take runs at both Drew and Bennett way before Pearl. Timing might be right for one of them.  

Andy if you fancy yourself a top AD, you’d better be a closer. 

He can take a back seat role for the next coach. Somewhere in an office as far away from the team as possible. Maybe a PE class or something 
Maybe the same bldg. [mention=7005]Chris007[/mention] is moving into with no access for the public.
Maybe he can coach in that high level church league

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

I was riding the Evansville Bike Path (19 miles long) downtown last fall. A big big lady stepped out FROM A BUSH, right in front of me. I swerved, jumped the bike into their flowerbeds and momentum carried me back to concrete. Cussing might have been involved. 

Not as scary as that but I had guy walking in front of me that could not decide where to walk so as approaching i a trying to find a side to pass him on.  Last second he again pivots right into my path so i tried to go a little wide of him but ended up losing my traction and wiped out.  No time to catch myself as I left the bike, fell into a big puddle, lost shoes, ear buds and was a bit livid at this fella.  Ended up with no broken bones but damage to lower legs and my palms and still have a little blood on my earbud.  

Miss running.  Anyone ever run in the intramural relays at IU?  We had a team win that one year when I thought i was fast lol

10 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

Whenever I see "Bennett" I don't see his Final 4 team, I see UVA scored only 44 points the other night. Bennett as it has been said before, maybe on the other forum, will NEVER come to IU ... they fired his sister when she was the IUWB coach.

High school coaches and others in Indiana are not a fan of Drew. IMO there is no chance for him here.

I like him a lot but he would have to tell me how he is going to change his offense before I would bring him to town. He slows it down like Woody but doesn't use two big men