Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

6 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Woodson certainly seems like a guy who had been around overpaid millionaires his whole life He has this incredible arrogance to him. He almost acts like he is doing us all a huge favor by just being in Bloomington.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

He and many in their own positions feel the same way.  That’s how they justify to themselves their own actions, decisions, and performance.  They don’t just give a 100% but give a 110%…dedicate their lives…and often regarded and rewarded.  JUST ASK THEM.  They will tell you.

6 hours ago, Trish said:

Which is why I’m shocked Woodson wanted to even be a part of it. He’s going to find out the hard way after this crap season as to how hard it is to keep your players after a Bad Year. 

Guys like Woodson (like others) only way he is going to find is to the bank.  That’s the system that has been  up by and for those involved.  They are great little gigs for those who get them.  This is a system or process that has been setup for what is now many years and has lost almost all perspective/s.

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The fact these guys are getting paid six figures to stink it up just makes it even worse lol. I’ve really turned into an NIL hater. College sports aren’t what they used to be *yells at ckouds*

I support NIL 100%. To get it 1. Players do not get a scholarship or any other financial aid. 2. Players buy their own uniforms and equipment 3.  Players buy all their own food.  3. Players buy or rent or build college arenas, stadiums and facilities they play and practice in. 4. Players pay for all transportation to and from games 5. Players pay for all hotels and other expenses they have…..or just receive a scholarship And shut up. (scholarships can include some money comparable to what a 20 hour a week part time job might pay at 15 bucks an hour and housing across the board)  and everything else is for the love of the game or sport which they claim to have.

AND coaches and those who make big money do the same things as I list for players or simply earn a few hundred thousand bucks per year And shut up.  Everything else is for the love of the game or sport which they claim to have.

I am talking about major college programs where big money and NIL is involved for sports and related areas.

Decrease costs even if its one penny for the general college population going to college who without them and alumni there wouldn’t even be a college or sports.

56 minutes ago, str8baller said:

This thread is hilarious. I believe you can track the five stages of grief. 

—denial

—anger

—bargaining           <~~(you are here)

—depression

—acceptance

I'm already at stage 5.

It's either time for a path to change, or we run a strong risk of next year mirroring this year's Michigan team.

note: There IS a chance that Woody could effect that change through a systemic re-haul of the roster and team mindset. It happened in 2015-2016 with Crean after an awful, disconnected 2014 season.

So you fellas believe that if we lose 5 of 6 and flame out in the BTT we don’t make a move? I just can’t accept that. 
Coach’s comments are EXACTLY what you’d expect him to say publicly for all kinds of reasons. Some of those reasons are good and not JUST self-serving.
If a couple of our target coaches go on deep runs and we continue to fizzle to the tune of 5 or 6 more L’s some kind of change is getting made and it won’t be an assistant or two. I don’t care what is said publicly. 

so maybe I’m still at the denial phase…

So Queen apparently off the board. I am very concerned about Liam. There is no way he or his people could be watching this mess and thinking it’s the right place for him. Maybe NIL trumps that, or he really loves IU I guess time will tell. That said, if this becomes a zero man recruiting class that has to move the needle on letting him go. The potential for disaster next year keeping him on the sideline is hard to fathom sans a massive transfer haul. 

It'll be interesting to see if Reneau has a huge game after Woodson said he was awful, or if he’s like screw this and doesn’t give full effort. I’m curious to see, aside from the outcome of the game, how the coach and players act during the game. Players obviously aren’t blind to what’s going on and if any of them are on the same page we are and have tuned Woodson out, then I’m sure it’ll be more noticeable with how much fan displeasure has seemed to really spread across social media. 

i know Woodson is saying “I’m not going anywhere anytime soon” and won’t walk away from being able to stuff all that money in his pockets, so I guess at this point people can only hope he gets blindsided by the right people getting rid of him just as bad as he was blindsided by JHS being a pro so soon. The season isn’t over yet so it makes sense either way that he says he’s not going anywhere because any coach is gonna act like they’re the coach until they’re actually not. I just keep wondering if there’s really anything that can happen that would get someone to pull the plug on him and it not have to be as bad as losing out rest of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Herotime said:

So you fellas believe that if we lose 5 of 6 and flame out in the BTT we don’t make a move? I just can’t accept that. 
Coach’s comments are EXACTLY what you’d expect him to say publicly for all kinds of reasons. Some of those reasons are good and not JUST self-serving.
If a couple of our target coaches go on deep runs and we continue to fizzle to the tune of 5 or 6 more L’s some kind of change is getting made and it won’t be an assistant or two. I don’t care what is said publicly. 

I think it would be very hard to stay the course if this happens.  Fan pressure, media pressure, maybe some NIL $ pressure will increase to make a change.  Fans in AH and wherever the BT tournament are will likely voice their displeasure at games and this will just add to the pressure.  

13 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Well tonight is our best Vegas-odds opportunity to win for the remaining six conference games... and we're a two point underdog.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well tonight is our best Vegas-odds opportunity to win for the remaining six conference games... and we're a two point underdog.

WOW! Is all I can say.

9 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Not sure why they would but fools and their money soon part is the old saying.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

So what you are saying is that we should run a grift to separate Woodson from his money and then use that money to run a shadow campaign to find and fund a new coach by bypassing the current administration? What should we run? Pig-in-a-poke, honeypot, Nigerian prince, pigeon drop, maybe we run a salting scam?

It all depends on how stubborn the three headed monster (Woodson, Buckner and the Cook family checkbook) actually is. Their collective arrogance and ego aside, and as much as change is warranted, I am still doubtful that it happens this year. The gravy train lives.