Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I want Woodson gone but for the people who don't know why he wouldn't just move on it how he is stealing money. My question would you quit your job making huge money even if your bosses had no plans to fire you.
Most of us would never have jobs where we performed poorly but were not fired. In the real world you get fired and not given 12.5 million to leave in most cases

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Most of us would never have jobs where we performed poorly but were not fired. In the real world you get fired and not given 12.5 million to leave in most cases

Yes no kidding. Woodson is the factory worker who shows up maybe 2 days week and screws up everything he touches. Nobody would keep him

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes no kidding. Woodson is the factory worker who shows up maybe 2 days week and screws up everything he touches. Nobody would keep him

Except he’s the factory worker who is best friends with the factory owner so he’s untouchable 

Saw this on Twitter.

Well…..wanted to run some recruiting numbers to gauge how things compare. On the “hit rate” (commits / offers) for top-80 recruits at IU….. Mike Woodson: 5/53 (9.4%) Archie Miller: 5/55 (9.0%)

8:25 PM · Feb 20, 2024

·

Views

11 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Saw this on Twitter.

Well…..wanted to run some recruiting numbers to gauge how things compare. On the “hit rate” (commits / offers) for top-80 recruits at IU….. Mike Woodson: 5/53 (9.4%) Archie Miller: 5/55 (9.0%)

8:25 PM · Feb 20, 2024

·

Views

That says top 80. The thing is, Woodson doesn't seem to care unless they're top 30. So he goes for highly ranked guys and doesn't have a backup when he misses. Also, most of those were spring decommitments from other schools (quick recruitment) so his numbers for a normal recruitment are even worse. 

Financially speaking between IU and Woodson…0 % is Woodson’s fault unless maybe Fani Willis and Alvin Bragg can investigate some illegal activities among those involved in contractual activities regarding the coach/es.

If confused:  just sign of the times.  Going both ways.  Those being investigated and the investigators themselves….in other words the crooks, corrupt.

51 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Missing out on Queen sucks…no guarantee Liam stays the course.

A lot of questions about what core guys will be back. Woodson made comments about trying to help Trey keep his head (or something along those lines) having to play PG - on top of the rumors he’s being courted, and Reneau is visibly frustrated. Ware is a first round projection…Cupps will likely come back. The rest who knows, but it pains me to say that I’m not sure it matters. I’d love to see what Newton can do, but even he’s a wild card.

This staff of assistants was supposed to be made up of elite recruiters. Where did that assessment go wrong? Doesn’t give me a lot of confidence they can pilfer the portal to the degree that will be needed. 

Queen committed elsewhere? Sorry if posted, I’m not up to date obviously. Our assistants also worry me a ton! Brings me back to, WTH happened with Dane Fife?

Its time to scrap this deal and start over and start over with a young coach we can keep a long time

That says top 80. The thing is, Woodson doesn't seem to care unless they're top 30. So he goes for highly tame guys and doesn't have a backup when he misses. Also, most of those were spring decommitments from other schools (quick recruitment( so his numbers for a normal recruitment are even worse. 
Yep he went all in on three guys and batted 33%.

14 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Queen committed elsewhere? Sorry if posted, I’m not up to date obviously. Our assistants also worry me a ton! Brings me back to, WTH happened with Dane Fife?

Its time to scrap this deal and start over and start over with a young coach we can keep a long time

Per Trilly and Rabby Queen is a turtle.

HH mentioned on their live chat the staff wants to go after guards in the portal. 

Woodson will have to pay his players to even stay. Malik will want a raise, Trey will want a raise, Kenzie will want a raise as well. Are boosters going to fork over the money after this crap performance this year? Seems like a bad investment. 

51 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

In Woodson's union, the Cook family is the union president and Buckner is his union rep... apparently Dolson is the water boy.

Right, no kidding. I could be forgetting some things about the end of Archies run, but I feel like this time with Woodson seems way worse than wanting Archie gone. Maybe I’m just pissed at his “I’m not going anywhere because I’m Mike Woodson” demeanor. 
I think that's a lot of it. Archie sucked but he didn't have an inflated ego that kept him from holding himself accountable. He at least gave the media and fans the respect of answering questions. Now his answers also didn't mean squat at the end.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HH mentioned on their live chat the staff wants to go after guards in the portal. 

Woodson will have to pay his players to even stay. Malik will want a raise, Trey will want a raise, Kenzie will want a raise as well. Are boosters going to fork over the money after this crap performance this year? Seems like a bad investment. 
Not sure why they would but fools and their money soon part is the old saying.

12 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yep he went all in on three guys and batted 33%.

Yeah, he got 33%, but can he keep the one he got?  

Magic 8 Ball says: Don't count on it.

5 minutes ago, Trish said:

The fact these guys are getting paid six figures to stink it up just makes it even worse lol. I’ve really turned into an NIL hater. College sports aren’t what they used to be *yells at ckouds*

I think that's a lot of it. Archie sucked but he didn't have an inflated ego that kept him from holding himself accountable. He at least gave the media and fans the respect of answering questions. Now his answers also didn't mean squat at the end.

Woodson certainly seems like a guy who had been around overpaid millionaires his whole life He has this incredible arrogance to him. He almost acts like he is doing us all a huge favor by just being in Bloomington.

5 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I don't know why anyone bothers asking any coach questions about their future, because the answers are always the same. People usually don't publicly talk about retiring or changing jobs. Maybe the journalists just need the sound bites. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The fact these guys are getting paid six figures to stink it up just makes it even worse lol. I’ve really turned into an NIL hater. College sports aren’t what they used to be *yells at ckouds*

Which is why I’m shocked Woodson wanted to even be a part of it. He’s going to find out the hard way after this crap season as to how hard it is to keep your players after a Bad Year. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Nice to see you back Dane.  :). 

Which is why I’m shocked Woodson wanted to even be a part of it. He’s going to find out the hard way after this crap season as to how hard it is to keep your players after a Bad Year. 
Guys like Malik will have plenty of options. They will have to give them big raises to keep them.