Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

We have no identity or culture.

Sure we do.  Our identity is obvious.

We're a tall team that can't rebound and gives up second chance points.

We're a team from inidiana that can't shoot the basketball.

We have long stretches every game where we won't score

We're terrible free throw shooters

We don't guard the 3 ball

It's a brutal identity, but it's an identity

19 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I think you're dreaming. Having to ask for Woodson's buyout right after having to ask for Allen's? Not happening, even though it should.

Screw the buyout. Fire him for cause.  Either fraud in representing that he could coach.  Or theft for cashing is checks without doing chit.  Make him sue. :)

5 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Screw the buyout. Fire him for cause.  Either fraud in representing that he could coach.  Or theft for cashing is checks without doing chit.  Make him sue. :)

As much as these guys get paid, being bad coaches should be considered cause.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

I think you're dreaming. Having to ask for Woodson's buyout right after having to ask for Allen's? Not happening, even though it should.

But... We did just hire a football coach with a ton of energy and has the football program looking up... Maybe boosters say, "let's get that in a basketball coach."

Looking at our schedule with the likes of Nebraska and Northwestern being much improved plus the other big games we have, do we win more than 1 or 2 games the rest of the way? That HAS to spark a serious conversation if we tank. No?

Say IU wins 2 or less games the remainder of the season…. I mean it could be the realm of possibility…. Any chance Woodson would get fired? Crean won a big ten title got to the s16  the year before and missed the ncaa tourney but was above .500… got fired.., if Woodson only wins 2 more games IU will finish below 500. A Wednesday game in the big ten tourney and below 500 record should be in the conversation of a termination. 

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think the key that you mentioned when Woodson was hired with no college experience whatsoever was the fact that he was supposed to have Matta and Fife around to help him with his transition to the college game.  Matta left for whatever reason, I think Woodson’s ego ran him off, and Fife was let go and I think that is where we are now with Woodson not knowing how to properly construct a roster that fits his style of play.  Heck, he probably doesn’t even know what style he plays and instead he thinks he needs to go after mostly 5 star and highly rated 4 star players because he thinks that will hide his coaching deficiencies.  And again, here we are.  

Matta left for the Butler job

5 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Matta left for the Butler job

Yes, that’s obvious!  But having him and Fife was supposed to help Woodson’s transition and that was never replaced.

23 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

I think we should all guess how many pages this thread goes to before we actually fire CMW. My guess is 36. Probably low.

For reference, the thread that originally started as Fire Archie Miller and transitioned to Archie Miller Fired reached 87 pages in a span of 2 months.

The Fire Tom Crean thread that transitioned to Tom Crean Fired reached a whopping 1,089 pages and stretched from Jan. 2014 to July 2017.

Woody's got a lot of ground to make up.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For reference, the thread that originally started as Fire Archie Miller and transitioned to Archie Miller Fired reached 87 pages in a span of 2 months.

The Fire Tom Crean thread that transitioned to Tom Crean Fired reached a whopping 1,089 pages and stretched from Jan. 2014 to July 2017.

That crean thread was legendary. Up there with our last coaching search thread. Lmao I can't believe we're doing this again. 

6 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Greenspan was amazing at hires… Tracy smith, Sampson, few others, fired Davis.. built cook hall, enclosed the north end zone… just didn’t have anything in place to help safeguard from a Sampson implosion.

I stand corrected

6 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Apparently Trilly just stated that some prominent boosters are starting to get noisy. I really don't think it happens this year even though it should, but it will get interesting nonetheless.

I wish I had so much money that I could literally light it on fire.  Archie, Allen, and now Woodson.  If I am somebody that the University keeps coming to with their hand out for money, they are going to have to come to me for approval before they hire the next guy.  And there isn't a BoT member allowed within a thousand miles of the decision.  And if the school didn't like it they could kiss my @$$ and my money goodbye.

The only positive I saw with Woodson when he was hired was his NBA connections and the fact that his players really love him. Kids love that crap. Get some of those guys to Bloomington and make sure they put it all over social media. That's where kids sit all day long and it's the world we're living in. Get Calipari talent here and we have a chance. Not a good one, but if he can't do it then, there's no excuse. Yes, I know he currently has talent. I just want to see him use his NBA relationships MUCH MORE. Or hire Crean again - his teams were at least fun until tourney time. 

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well, to be fair, there were many "Fire Archie" threads, but the pumpers always locked them or changed their names.  I'd guess the first Fire Archie thread was created about 2 days after his hiring lol

Just now, Josh said:

Well, to be fair, there were many "Fire Archie" threads, but the pumpers always locked them or changed their names.  I'd guess the first Fire Archie thread was created about 2 days after his hiring lol

I thought you created 2 days before he was hired