Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 hours ago, Silat Player said:

Ah, but what are these "wildest expectations?" That's the fly in the ointment. And who determines what these nebulous expectations are? 

I would assume that Woody's pal Buckner has much less lofty expectations than you or I might have...

I think we've already seen that Buckner's expectations end with the name Mike Woodson. 

Nope. Cignetti and a few football players were there but no sign of Woody or any of our B-ball players.

Staff be out ‘crutin.

Duh!

Right?

Right!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Nope. Cignetti and a few football players were there but no sign of Woody or any of our B-ball players.

The varsity team was on the court, the JV team wasn't capable of playing in the postseason and working the portal this year so the likelihood that the JV team could be there to watch was pretty low too.

I hope the football team takes off and Cignetti goes on a Joe Tiller like run here.  I think the men's basketball program is due for a humbling on this campus.  They have mostly sucked for 20 years, they don't deserve the support and @$$ kissing they get.  Maybe directing some of that goodwill to programs that will actually appreciate it is the way to go.

9 hours ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Shaka Smart, love his energy at VCU and Marquette and may like another chance at P5 conference. No disrespect to the Big East

IU likely couldn’t offer enough to pull him away. That’s a pretty good job and better than when Crean was there. IU is also probably a worse job now than when Crean came. 

9 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Who's the guy in the bottom left corner of this photo?

Doug Booher Associate Vice President of events and conferences. He used to just be over the auditorium but that has expanded over the years. He and his wife are both great people and love IU. I think his wife is over scholarships or something like that. 

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well, let's put it into a little perspective. That week was when Woodson was feeling the most heat. He had just heard that people didn't want him back. Dolson had just had a meeting with the players without the coaches. 

Do I think Woodson lied? No I don't. I don't think he ever even thought about asking what Leal or Trey was doing for next year. I'm not even sure he knew that was our last game. He doesn't think much outside of himself. 

But that same week when he found out his job was in question either him or Quinn got the extra two million for our NIL secured to get him the 4th year. So then he meets with Leal and Trey to let them know if they come back they will be getting a triple raise on what they made this season. 

I think it was a combination of sticking up for their coach and their bank account getting a large deposit. Just my two cents.

I especially agree with your bolded part. He's too tone deaf to cook up something that elaborate. 

4 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said:

I don’t understand why none of the coaching staff or players would be at the girls game. It just doesn’t make any sense. Am I missing something or is there some kind of issue going on? 

I don't think Woodson is very supportive of the women's team...and don't think he and Moren get along very well

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

So then he meets with Leal and Trey to let them know if they come back they will be getting a triple raise on what they made this season. 

Is that triple raise comment an actual fact or just hyperbole?  If it's not an actual fact then I think it's important that people reading this thread are aware that it's not a true fact and don't continue to spread misinformation.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Is that triple raise comment an actual fact or just hyperbole?  If it's not an actual fact then I think it's important that people reading this thread are aware that it's not a true fact and don't continue to spread misinformation.

I did not hear it from Leal or Galloway. So you can change whatever you need to in my post but calling it misinformation is a little much. This place is getting weird

5 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I don't think Woodson is very supportive of the women's team...and don't think he and Moren get along very well

If so, that should raise some major red flags, Imo.

Also, to have none of the assistant coaches, or any of the players there is beyond bizarre.

2 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said:

If so, that should raise some major red flags, Imo.

Also, to have none of the assistant coaches, or any of the players there is beyond bizarre.

Well players used to show up to the women's game. TJD and Race (and i believe Miller) used to attend a lot of women's games. So i don't know if the players on this roster don't care or if the sentiment being passed on by the head coach is doing anything towards that. That last part is purely speculation on my part. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I did not hear it from Leal or Galloway. So you can change whatever you need to in my post but calling it misinformation is a little much. This place is getting weird

Getting weird? I believe what you are saying but a lot of these posts seem to be just people making stuff up.