Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Chris007 said:

I will say it was Friday when he didn’t know if they were going through ceremonies or not but didn’t meet with them till Saturday to give them their new NIL deals. 

Ok. I thought they had met on Friday. Fair enough.

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Nope. Not the act of announcing it. It was the whole setup leading up to the last game. Woodson said that he didn't know if they (Leal and Galloway) were going through the senior night activities or not. Either he was lying or he was flat out NOT doing his job. He'd already given them both their NIL amounts for next year, so I'm saying that he knew. And that set the whole F-U "not real" fans thing in motion.

Really? You know this? Woodson is now the one allocating NIL amounts to players? Sounds like you’re just making this up as you go.

Look, I’m as disappointed as the next guy when it comes to the trajectory of the program and understand he’s not the guy long term. But he’s the coach next year whether we like it. Throwing out wild and unverified claims while outright disparaging him with half-truths isn’t going to solve things however. Wish there was a little more decorum.

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Ok. I thought they had met on Friday. Fair enough.

So he wasn’t actually lying when he was asked and said he didn’t know if they were going through senior day or not lol? So much for that elaborate plan you thought up an hour ago…

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Really? You know this? Woodson is now the one allocating NIL amounts to players? Sounds like you’re just making this up as you go.

Look, I’m as disappointed as the next guy when it comes to the trajectory of the program and understand he’s not the guy long term. But he’s the coach next year whether we like it. Throwing out wild and unverified claims and outright disparaging him with half-truths isn’t going to solve things however. Wish there was a little more decorum.

I don’t know the answer, so I’m asking…

Would the head coach not have a say in how NIL funds are allocated? 

1 minute ago, monskisprodigy said:

I don’t know the answer, so I’m asking…

Would the head coach not have a say in how NIL funds are allocated? 

If you’re asking if I think Woodson went to Cindy Simon-Skjodt and told her to write a check in the amount of X dollars to Anthony Leal and X dollars in the amount to Trey Galloway….well absolutely not.

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

If you’re asking if I think Woodson went to Cindy Simon-Skjodt and told her to write a check in the amount of X dollars to Anthony Leal and X dollars in the amount to Trey Galloway….well absolutely not.

Not what I’m asking. If a coach is told there is $6 million in NIL funds available, I assume he would have a say in how that is allocated.

Not fully up on NIL, guess I just assumed it was at the coaches discretion how it was dished out. 

6 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Not what I’m asking. If a coach is told there is $6 million in NIL funds available, I assume he would have a say in how that is allocated.

Not fully up on NIL, guess I just assumed it was at the coaches discretion how it was dished out. 

I think that would be the incorrect assumption. But I’m guessing as well.

26 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Woodson? No, but it's absolutely reasonable to assume the HC has a say in how it's allotted and then passes that along the proper channels. It's probably not some troll hidden in the bowels of AH calculating these NIL $ and I very much doubt Dolson or Cindy are pulling figures out of their anus 

Leave the guy alone he doesn’t like to still be playing basketball on his birthday. You can’t celebrate if you’re game planning.

I said the same thing on Peegs earlier today and got blocked by 3 people, told to chill by 1 and criticized by many more. Be careful, the blogger boy huggers might come after you or even might block you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

There were a bunch of "hot" coaches that came off the market the past few days.  2 of them are going to be in our conference next year at Washington and Michigan..

One of the “hot” coaches, Byington, won’t be hot after a few years at Vandy…LOL

5 minutes ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

Woodson? No, but it's absolutely reasonable to assume the HC has a say in how it's allotted and then passes that along the proper channels. It's probably not some troll hidden in the bowels of AH calculating these NIL $ and I very much doubt Dolson or Cindy are pulling figures out of their anus 

I mean there’s some plausibility in that scenario. Do I think Woodson sat down with Galloway and Leal before senior day, talked contract figures while devising a way to troll the fan base during speeches as some have alluded too….absolutely not.

10 hours ago, bigrod said:

I disagree with many on here. I want a coach who is young and hungry. Someone who has enough experience that they have a plan, but comes in with a chip on their shoulder. Someone who wants to prove they belong.

Never really got that from Archie. I think he thought he was smarter than everyone. Certainly not getting that from Woody. He's happy with the job Mike Woodson is doing. 

Shaka Smart, love his energy at VCU and Marquette and may like another chance at P5 conference. No disrespect to the Big East

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If Woody had graced the game with his presence how many of you would have been posting that he was there only because he was told to be there?  

That is probably the only reason why he would be there.

If that’s REALLY the culture around our head coach and the athletic department… why is he our head coach? SMH.
I agree! I would feel the men's head coach supporting the women on their journey would be nice since he is done coaching for the season. Might interfere with our huge portal haul we are working on though

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

So he wasn’t actually lying when he was asked and said he didn’t know if they were going through senior day or not lol? So much for that elaborate plan you thought up an hour ago…

But it’s pretty bad that a coach wouldn’t know if two players are going through senior ceremonies less than 48 hours before a game.

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But it’s pretty bad that a coach wouldn’t know if two players are going through senior ceremonies less than 48 hours before a game.

I guess it’s how you view it. If you believe he deliberately lied to reporters Friday to mask some elaborate plan he had cooked up where Galloway and Leal took shots at the fanbase then sure.

Or…just perhaps Leal and Galloway were undecided when that question was asked and a decision was made Saturday that they’d use their Covid year and would announce it at senior day instead of giving traditional senior day speeches. 

But I’m not a huge conspiracy guy so take that for what it’s worth. I’m a traditional guy myself but I’m old enough now to understand that this generation does its own thing. 

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Look, I’m as disappointed as the next guy when it comes to the trajectory of the program and understand he’s not the guy long term. But he’s the coach next year whether we like it. Throwing out wild and unverified claims and outright disparaging him with half-truths isn’t going to solve things however. Wish there was a little more decorum.

The amount of made-up BS stuff being thrown around is more than I ever recall.
There are many posts in which there is zero chance the poster is in a position to know if their statement is remotely true.
A couple months ago we had the pleasure of reading many “takes” that Ware was shutting it down for the NBA (entitled, selfish, why we shouldn’t recruit a 5 star, doesn’t care etc etc) but instead he came back and initially was clearly playing hurt. Since then the made up shite has snowballed to an even greater degree. 

9 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

There are many posts in which there is zero chance the poster is in a position to know if their statement is remotely true.
A couple months ago we had the pleasure of reading many “takes” that Ware was shutting it down for the NBA (entitled, selfish, why we shouldn’t recruit a 5 star, doesn’t care etc etc) but instead he came back and initially was clearly playing hurt. Since then the made up shite has snowballed to an even greater degree. 

Message boards typically make for the greatest game of telephone. But that being said, there is still a lot of good stuff that gets shared here from some really reliable posters.

As for the Ware portion of that, Peegs posters said Ware and Sparks going into a big fight and that lit a fire under Ware and that’s why Sparks didn’t play anymore. I can understand people asking questions or asking “could this be a possibility” but I can’t stand the people that literally just go to boards to make up stuff.

But then again, Sparks dream was to play at IU and he transferred. He must have got word Ware is staying!!! Alert the press…WARE IS STAYING**

**clearly joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Message boards typically make for the greatest game of telephone. But that being said, there is still a lot of good stuff that gets shared here from some really reliable posters.

100% agree. That’s why I follow this board. Tons of good comments, insight etc but there have been a few more “left field” posts than usual this year.  I get that a lot of that is due to decades of simmering frustration.