Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Did you read the OPs post i responded to? He did not seem to account for a young P5 coach just starting to have success, especially at a school that is not a typical power house. I agree he does not match those lower level guys but there are guys like him that are different from P5 guys with more sustained success.

Yea I agree. There is always a guy like TJ out there. Guys were suggesting Schertz and that’s silly. He’s going to SLU which is the next logical step.

Just now, iubhounds2 said:

Can you believe this was posted on Twitter this morning? Is this the first step in the transfer portal by the IU staff? IMO it's ridiculous. 

IUbb.png

5 NCAA championships

22 B1G titles

46 All-Americans

1 administration that always manages to somehow get even dumber

1 minute ago, HoosierMatty said:

So if Dolson has to get a proven winner like Pearl, does that mean Pearl said no ?

It meant more like talk to me if you're serious after we lose in the NCAA. I think IU just is moving on with the Portal

The third person has said no a couple of times already. 
It makes you wonder when we only reached out to three people how serious we were. We need to have a full-fledged search.
Woodson needs to announce his retirement, so we can openly start talking to other coaches to gauge the real interest. 
Dusty is putting his staff together for Louisville so he will be out for next season. 
Amazing we will waste another year of recruiting just to massage Woodson’s ego. Woodson is going to leave the new coach in a bad spot for 2026 recruiting as well. 2025 is obviously dead in the water now.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

So if Dolson has to get a proven winner like Pearl, does that mean Pearl said no ?

I would guess that's more related to him coaching a FF caliber team at the moment. My guess is if we want Bruce we need auburn to bounce early. Root for UCONN to the FF lol

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It meant more like talk to me if you're serious after we lose in the NCAA. I think IU just is moving on with the Portal

I initially read this as Pearl. The brain is funny thing when it wants something to be true. 

Jerry gave a great recap a couple of pages back. Was asked to retire of course said NO. Expectations were put in place for next year which won't be met. 
Plus these portal expectations are absurd. How do they determine if the portal was successful before any of them ever put on an iu jersey. The portal is a crap shoot you have no idea if they will work out or not. This whole thing is a giant mess. But hey nba legend mike woodson has his dream job.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'd be rooting for Yale ready to call Pearl. What they're doing so just so stupid it's mind boggling; I know they weren't serious when they hired Woodson but they're somehow even more unserious than I thought.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Plus these portal expectations are absurd. How do they determine if the portal was successful before any of them ever put on an iu jersey. The portal is a crap shoot you have no idea if they will work out or not. This whole thing is a giant mess. But hey nba legend mike woodson has his dream job.

And his buddy has his back.

5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I’m assuming if the better players leave or if they struggle to land impact players. But why move on on the summer of that happens. Who is going to come in with that roster and no ability to adjust it. So it’s not going to happen imo. So the hope is next year is a good season and they land multi year players on the portal. Then a change is made bc the Big Ten Title and Final Four were not met. But bc of the strong NIL, players will stay during the coaching change. 

4 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Not no, more like not right now. 

The only thing, I mean the only thing that would make any sense right now is that Dolson has a handshake deal in place with Pearl but has to wait until Auburn is eliminated first.  Would be a reason someone leaked to Ostermann that Woody was coming back was to quell the rumors and as they were heating up from Trilly and Rabjohns and Pearl didn't like that.  Chris even said he didn't know about the Allen firing until right beforehand.

But who am I kidding?  We all know he's coming back.

It's so frustrating that he is being given the chance to fix this through the transfer portal.

The fact that he needs to fix it through the portal is evidence in itself that he has no plan or system in place, and is simply winging it. That's what you do when you're completely at the mercy of whoever decides to enter the transfer portal. 

If you attempted to build a roster through recruiting high school kids, you can cast a wider net and take the time to identify kids who fit into your system, and develop them to contribute to it.

He's just resorting to throwing other people's money at the problem to hide his inability to fulfill the duties of being a college coach.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'd be rooting for Yale ready to call Pearl. What they're doing so just so stupid it's mind boggling; I know they weren't serious when they hired Woodson but they're somehow even more unserious than I thought.

I’m going to root for Pearl to be successful. He coached my alma mater and I’ve always enjoyed his teams. First time I rooted against him was vs IU.