Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

1 minute ago, Papacap said:

Is it a lack of seriousness or incompetence? I’m guessing both. And I’m not trolling here. There is clear evidence that IU has no ability to run a good football or basketball program. With the Cig hire, there is some hope on that front. Of course, given that IU football is a doormat program. Coaching hires are limited, so I’m looking forward to Cig

But we have an average to poor basketball program. And have for over a decade now. I’m not saying we can snap our fingers and get any coach.  But are choices shouldn’t lead to what we have seen. Until IU decides that it is serious about basketball success AND has the ability to do something about it, we will continue to be an also-ran basketball program.

And I’m not saying the powers that be aren’t well meaning. I’m saying they are failing at running a high level Basketball program. 

I think the program has fallen so far into mediocrity that we are limited in who we can get from other power 5 programs.  Why would a successful coach move. Your only shot would be a guy like Porter Moser who hasn’t achieved long term success yet.   But the usual suspects like Oats, Mussleman, Drew, and even Pearl have no real reason to come.  

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think it was Dolson saying I don't think I can convince everyone to make a change so I'm not going to push real hard. Especially knowing that Dusty wasn't going to move the needle. 

I know none of these people personally. But there are times I feel like Dolson is the engineer on the space shuttle challenger team saying, we should not launch when it’s this cold because it’s not rated for this temperature. And everyone pats him on the head and says, thanks for your little insight. Now let the big boys make these decisions. And we saw how that turned out

I may be all wrong on that. Just the vibe I get from forums.

9 hours ago, Trish said:

It is and we waste money, scholarships, and time. But, Indiana dug their own grave on this mess. It was easy to predict from Day 1 that Woodson would fail to live up to the standards at Indiana. The administration has no one else to blame but theirselves. 

What are these standards you are referring to?  Apparently QB and the BOT standards are not same as this boards’.  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

I think the program has fallen so far into mediocrity that we are limited in who we can get from other power 5 programs.  Why would a successful coach move. Your only shot would be a guy like Porter Moser who hasn’t achieved long term success yet.   But the usual suspects like Oats, Mussleman, Drew, and even Pearl have no real reason to come.  

Oats just signed a massive contract at Bama. Their board of regents have to approve it still but it’s going to make him a top 5 paid coach I believe I heard. So he isn’t leaving. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

If May is the guy and we don’t move this year, there will be another May next year. I also expect Shrews to have a much improved year at ND next year. So he could be available next year. 

Shaka Smart has excelled at basketball schools and I think could be an option. I know he is from Wisconsin but not Milwaukee and IU has the funds that Marquette can’t match. I’d have him on a list of coaches to call and gauge interest.  

edit: I’ll also add another year is probably too late for Pearl too. He isn’t getting younger. 

It's clear IU is targeting bigger names and wants a coach that moves the needle. I'm guessing the list looked something like Pearl, Drew, and someone else if May wasn't really a needle mover for the boosters.

2 minutes ago, Papacap said:

I know none of these people personally. But there are times I feel like Dolson is the engineer on the space shuttle challenger team saying, we should not launch when it’s this cold because it’s not rated for this temperature. And everyone pats him on the head and says, thanks for your little insight. Now let the big boys make these decisions. And we saw how that turned out

I may be all wrong on that. Just the vibe I get from forums.

I would say today that I'm not totally comfortable with him making the decision to pick our next coach. He's a good dude, he's made some good hires but this one is different.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I would say today that I'm not totally comfortable with him making the decision to pick our next coach. He's a good dude, he's made some good hires but this one is different.

I trust Dolson more than others that have been sticking their nose into the past few hires that IU has made. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

It's clear IU is targeting bigger names and wants a coach that moves the needle. I'm guessing the list looked something like Pearl, Drew, and someone else if May wasn't really a needle mover for the boosters.

For Dolson to make a move this year it had to be a big name to get board approve that is why Pearl was mentioned. But we still reached out to Dusty but Dolson found out that didn't move the needle after reaching out

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

For Dolson to make a move this year it had to be a big name to get board approve that is why Pearl was mentioned. But we still reached out to Dusty but Dolson found out that didn't move the needle after reaching out

Oh I know may was contacted I'm just talking about who else was talked to. 

Wouldn't logic predicate that Pearl will be interested in an opening if it were to occur next year?

Or will Pearl never be approved by the BoT? To me, the silver lining is that we aren’t willing to roll the dice on a “flavor of the month” HC hire.

Also, in the spirit of silver linings - I’m seeing quite a few guards hit the portal. All who can shoot better than anyone on our current roster.

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think it was Dolson saying I don't think I can convince everyone to make a change so I'm not going to push real hard. Especially knowing that Dusty wasn't going to move the needle. 

Yeah again but who is the splash hire that they can likely get next year given that Dusty isn't good enough for Quinn or the BOT?  I'm not seeing any.

4 minutes ago, KnightsChair said:

Wouldn't logic predicate that Pearl will be interested in an opening if it were to occur next year?

Or will Pearl never be approved by the BoT? To me, the silver lining is that we aren’t willing to roll the dice on a “flavor of the month” HC hire.

Also, in the spirit of silver linings - I’m seeing quite a few guards hit the portal. All who can shoot better than anyone on our current roster.

I think Pearl is probably tired of being asked about it and it never coming open. It's going to be a much bigger rebuild next season so why leave Auburn

7 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Been to tournament more times than iu has last 8 years.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

And that does not make an answer to any question.