Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, iubb said:

As I said last night, when people impinge on your character and say you hate your coach and will bolt the moment you can, I feel like they are justified in calling out the rumors for what they were... (BS) 

Then call out the rumor and state it is false.  The statements made last night went beyond this, and from my perspective will only serve to divide the fan base and make many fans think twice about supporting the program.

I will qualify the last part by saying I am a lifelong IU fan, and will continue to support the basketball program through good and bad.  Just like I have the football team and all other sports.  Doesn't mean I like the results or direction, but IU is my school, and these are my teams.

3 hours ago, Five Prime said:

And I'll add:  

There are only 2 ways the results can eventually line up with the money; 1) Indiana basketball program becomes a top 5ish program again or 2) fan interest wanes and subsequently revenu decreases.  Current trajectory has #2 as more likely. 

I think it could happen sooner than later on the heels of Woodson’s comments towards the fans last night.  I didn’t say would.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Losing ware is what really hurts big time
Having MR to be the guy down low he will foul out most every game. And I can almost guarantee Woodson is not getting another ware in the portal this time goes guy like don't come around often

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Players like Ware are far and few between. 0 rim protection next season as it stands.

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Agree with @ap2345 100%.

Until there's an official announcement I still think there's a legit chance that Woody "retires on his own terms" after this season.

I don't think his ego allows that to happen. I think he feels that he needs to come back to show that everyone who doubted him was wrong. Of course, he'll fail at that but I don't think he has the self-awareness to realize that he's really not doing a good job.

I thought the part "I am not going anywhere" sounded a bit like he wasnt going to retire.  

Or the players saying they are coming back to play with him. Believe they both mentioned him didn’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

May will end up at OSU and Mosier will end up at Depaul. I believe May will never be the coach at IU.

Much like what happened with Brad Stevens, I'm afraid we are going to hang onto an average coach and miss on the potential future star. 

Much like what happened with Brad Stevens, I'm afraid we are going to hang onto an average coach and miss on the potential future star. 
Without a doubt. Missed on Matta. Missed on Steven's. Now may is next. It's the IU way.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Without a doubt. Missed on Matta. Missed on Steven's. Now may is next. It's the IU way.

I’ll be interested what happens if May going to back to back final fours. It would be like a Brad Stevens situation all over again.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Instead we have Mediocre Mike to regularly chastise us for not loving his mediocrity. 

2 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Then they aren’t talking about you and said before,, message boards, little different than **** being posted on Twitter, written in articles and at players. Down right lies about them and their coach. Who wouldn’t push back? When X is being called ….. things I won’t even repeat by the hundreds 

The irony of guys melting down over this is crazy 

Last time… wait until next year. You think this is “melting down”, just wait. I honestly hope the staff and players are prepared. Lord help them if they lose a couple early in the season. And especially if Woodson strikes out in the portal. 

12 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Or the players saying they are coming back to play with him. Believe they both mentioned him didn’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leal said there is no other coach he would trust more.  I dont know about the rest but I could not stand Leal's speech.  Thanked no one and ridiculed fans.  To all those who want to quit there is a reason why you arent coaches.  Really?  Enjoy the tourney from your couch while chillin dude.  

Just now, IndyHoops said:

Last time… wait until next year. You think this is “melting down”, just wait. I honestly hope the staff and players are prepared. Lord help them if they lose a couple early in the season. And especially if Woodson strikes out in the portal. 

True. Lose early and big next year and it will make the complaints this year look like a teletubbies episode. Different side of the token, win big next year and we all shut our yaps

Let’s say that before yesterday’s game and speech, the plan was that Woodson would not return next season. Does what Leal and Galloway said about Woodson saying they’ll only play for him and best coach in the country yada yada, have any affect on that decision? I would think not because of the whole “can’t let the prisoners run the asylum” thing, but how weird would it be to have Gallo and Leal announce they are back to “play for coach” and then he leave? So that’s what makes me think I’m sure he’ll be back…but then again, maybe it could be looked at like they were just saying their praises towards him as a coach/mentor and letting him know how much they appreciated him while he was here. Doubt it, but a way to look at it since there are still those out there that think this whole thing is a bit off.