Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

The have, he’s got 2 fouls called on him, lol.  He gets by with a lot more than any player in the country.

I'm watching Purdue vs Northwestern when it is tied with a minute to go in regulation and Purdue has shot 30 free throws to NW's 2.  Talking about home cooking 

IU never gets that type of home cooking 

Yeah and did you see the hook by Purdue to get out of the corner and a foul call on NW.  Collins channeled his in Bobby Knight and got tossed.  

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Yeah and did you see the hook by Purdue to get out of the corner and a foul call on NW.  Collins channeled his in Bobby Knight and got tossed.  

Yes, that was a horrible call that went against NW.  That was typical at Mackey arena and at Assembly Hall we may be lucky to shot one or 2 free throws more than the opposing team but sometimes the opposing team shoots more free throws than us at AH.

The final tally on the free throw disparity: Purdue shot 46 free throws and NW only shot 8.  That’s ridiculous!

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think you are missing the point. They were all in on PU because IU wasn’t the same IU at that point and we didn’t focus on them like we should have.

That was a big turning point that had been brewing for years

That’s the narrative trying to be pushed but it’s flat wrong. Moore was always pure PU, they’re all from the same region, PU country. why insist on pushing a BS narrative? To poke shots at IU / its administration? Know what you’re talking about lol

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Yes, that was a horrible call that went against NW.  That was typical at Mackey arena and at Assembly Hall we may be lucky to shot one or 2 free throws more than the opposing team but sometimes the opposing team shoots more free throws than us at AH.

The final tally on the free throw disparity: Purdue shot 46 free throws and NW only shot 8.  That’s ridiculous!

The official was right there looking at it.  No way he didn’t see it.  Collins was pretty funny in his press conference.  Said He wasn’t going to talk about the officiating before he talked about the officiating.  The disparity is statistically impossible and needs to be fixed.  

18 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

That’s the narrative trying to be pushed but it’s flat wrong. Moore was always pure PU, they’re all from the same region, PU country. why insist on pushing a BS narrative? To poke shots at IU / its administration? Know what you’re talking about lol

I’m not sure what you are arguing. No team owns an area or kid. Every recruitment is a different situation and each kid has different wants and goals. 
There was no destiny with these kids, they were just recruited really hard and well by PU and they were hooked. IU could have done that but they didn’t. They were in a state of instability and incompetence from a coaching perspective.

Sean May grew up in Bloomington and always planned on going to IU until coaching Instability and incompetence became an issue. That incompetence and instability has been a part of who we are ever since.

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

I’m not sure what you are arguing. No team owns an area or kid. Every recruitment is a different situation and each kid has different wants and goals. 
There was no destiny with these kids, they were just recruited really hard and well by PU and they were hooked. IU could have done that but they didn’t. They were in a state of instability and incompetence from a coaching perspective.

Sean May grew up in Bloomington and always planned on going to IU until coaching Instability and incompetence became an issue. That incompetence and instability has been a part of who we are ever since.

No, this isn’t opinion you’re just wrong. It wasn’t that they were recruited so hard, they committed early bc they wanted to go to PU, if you had actually followed the recruiting then you’d know that.  

And Sean May’s situation was completely different- his dad told him not to go to IU bc he was pissed over the RMK firing. Come on this narrative on Moore etc is dead in the water

15 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

No, this isn’t opinion you’re just wrong. It wasn’t that they were recruited so hard, they committed early bc they wanted to go to PU, if you had actually followed the recruiting then you’d know that.  

And Sean May’s situation was completely different- his dad told him not to go to IU bc he was pissed over the RMK firing. Come on this narrative on Moore etc is dead in the water

I’m still not sure what you are even saying? “They committed early because they wanted to go to Purdue” yeah, that is usually why kids commit to a program…

Of course they wanted to go there, I’ve never seen a kid choose a school they didn’t want to go to. The point that you are ignoring is that they weren’t predisposed to go there. It wasn’t their birthright. Mike Davis and a million other factors were a part of it including Purdue’s ability to identify under recruited players and prioritize them.

these kids weren’t Oden and Conley recruits, but even they were ignored/screwed up by IU. These 3 Purdue kids that changed their program were not blue chip kids but ones that were prioritized by PU above any other school. Name me one school/IU that recruited those 3 kids harder than Purdue. You can’t. That’s the point. IU screed the pooch on them, Oden, Conley and a gazillion other kids due to incompetence 

8 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

The official was right there looking at it.  No way he didn’t see it.  Collins was pretty funny in his press conference.  Said He wasn’t going to talk about the officiating before he talked about the officiating.  The disparity is statistically impossible and needs to be fixed.  

Exactly, that’s everyone’s biggest issue.  I have never seen a game that had that big of difference in free throws.  I could see a team maybe having 8 -12 more free throws but not 38.

41 minutes ago, Cd71 said:

We may be a passionate fan base but I don’t want to hear anything about us being lunatics from UK fans. 

IMG_1863.jpeg

And he's gone to the Sweet 16 or further 8 times there. If they watched Miller they'd be on mass suicide watch.

13 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

This post will probably get hate, but what I’ve been preaching is that in order to have a championship level program. Every detail matters. EVERY SINGLE ONE. No surprise here that it’s coming from Chris Beards program. 

https://x.com/cbbroundup/status/1752529613861921242?s=46&t=GNOEavceU8cQkgwtjpMssw

There’s a crackhead that’ll do that to your windshield too

12 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Why can't refs call just one foul on Edey.

I can't wait until the NCAA tournament when actual officials will be on the floor instead of these Big Ten clowns. Edey will foul out of the game and Purdue will lose to Southwestern State A&M College of Welding and Cosmetology. It is going to be awesome watching them get dropped in the first round, again! I wish I could bottle PU fans' tears so I could use it to salt my popcorn.

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I can't wait until the NCAA tournament when actual officials will be on the floor instead of these Big Ten clowns. Edey will foul out of the game and Purdue will lose to Southwestern State A&M College of Welding and Cosmetology. It is going to be awesome watching them get dropped in the first round, again! I wish I could bottle PU fans' tears so I could use it to salt my popcorn.

Funny that a couple of years Painter whined abut him getting called for a lot of fouls it's like the refs in conference play are scared.

1 hour ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

That ain't gonna happen. They'll continue not calling anything on him.

1 hour ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

There is no such thing as big ten officials, these officials ref more than just one conference. They are just like sub contractors and work where ever they can

20 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

There is no such thing as big ten officials, these officials ref more than just one conference. They are just like sub contractors and work where ever they can

Yep but the same refs will ref in a different conference a totally different way then he does a B1G game.     It’s one of the most fascinating things to watch.   

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

And he's gone to the Sweet 16 or further 8 times there. If they watched Miller they'd be on mass suicide watch.

They would’ve fired him after 2yrs. Maybe 1.  

Crazy or not, they have much different standards for on the court performance than a school like IU. 

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yep but the same refs will ref in a different conference a totally different way then he does a B1G game.     It’s one of the most fascinating things to watch.   

On TOS I said it is a conference problem more than an official problem