Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - Tuesday, 12.05.23 @ 9:00 on Peacock TV

Just now, Hovadipo said:

I agree here, but at the same time also was excited to see Mack straight line his man deep into the paint and just absolutely body him for a bucket a couple of times. That was a welcome surprise.

Oh heck yes. Loved it. Still early December, CJ, Banks, MM-- find some confidence young fellas!!! 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

My 17 year old came back from his high school soccer match when the IU game was at the half.

Him: "Can I watch on Peacock from the start?" and then .. "Oh ****, I just heard the halftime score from the other room. Guess that doesn't tell me who's gonna win. (goes to family room covered with 90 minutes of mud). Can you get me some food before it starts again dad?" 

He saw a helluva second half with me. 

Hey @Chris007; when did yours get that IU email? My kid has 20 applications out, and IU is one of them. Be nice to get that first early one under his belt! 

He got it yesterday sent to his email. We haven't gotten anything in the mail I checked this morning. 

IU was not sending anything out till this week, I was told a few weeks ago by admissions.

My son got his first from Butler a few weeks ago. He only applied to IU (where I work) Butler (where his dad works) and  Purdue (His mom made him). 

29 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My 17-year-old came out of his room after the game and said to me that was a great win for me & IU. I said what are you part of the team now? He said I did get accepted to IU today so yeah I'm part of the team. 

Very cool moment, We celebrated, then I said you didn't think to tell your mom and me this news anytime in the last 7 hours? He said I forgot till they won. We figured he would get in, but still happy about it. 

That's 17 for you.  

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I agree here, but at the same time also was excited to see Mack straight line his man deep into the paint and just absolutely body him for a bucket a couple of times. That was a welcome surprise.

Obviously not every part of his game has translated to this level (yet) but I will say, I'm surprised he hasn't been able to show more putting the ball on the floor. Dribble/drive was definitely a part of his game in HS (albeit not the biggest part) so I thought he'd be a little more of a 3-level threat. Just need to keep giving him time to learn and develop...

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Mack Mgbako could be one hell of a stretch four next year. I'd imagine he'll declare and get feedback, but without more foot speed I'd say he's at least 50/50 for a second year. He comes from an excellent, engaged parents house so that's a plus for staying too. 

A team that featured Queen, Mgbako, Reneau, McNeeley, and Banks from 3-5 would be truly loaded even after Ware goes.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

When Cheddar hit the three to put them up 59-53 we immediately pushed it and MM bullied his defender for an easy shot down low. Bardo highlighted that early offense because it’s not something we’ve done too much, but I loved it. 

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He got it yesterday sent to his email. We haven't gotten anything in the mail I checked this morning. 

IU was not sending anything out till this week, I was told a few weeks ago by admissions.

My son got his first from Butler a few weeks ago. He only applied to IU (where I work) Butler (where his dad works) and  Purdue (His mom made him). 

Consider calling the State Department of Child Services on mom? May have a parental misconduct situation on your hands.

We've been constantly busting my kids chops about having a basketball round robin, with him going to the winner. He's got IU, Wisky, Michigan, Northwestern, Harvard, Duke, UVA as part of his application mix. So far IU is 2-0 against the field!

50 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Tony Adragna posted this a week ago. We’re better with X. I’m ready for the question to die. This injury stinks because it feels like it does take him some games to wind up and start controlling the floor. 

DD9FB494-5E62-4DE8-9E8D-79E276A7C6C4.png

The problem is that doesn't seem to take into account who the opponent was.

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Mack Mgbako could be one hell of a stretch four next year. I'd imagine he'll declare and get feedback, but without more foot speed I'd say he's at least 50/50 for a second year. He comes from an excellent, engaged parents house so that's a plus for staying too. 

A team that featured Queen, Mgbako, Reneau, McNeeley, and Banks from 3-5 would be truly loaded even after Ware goes.

An offseason of training like Reneau completed this past summer could do wonders for Mgbako's athleticism. 

1 hour ago, realTomCrean said:

What a great game. Couldn't go to sleep afterwards. Best part of the game for me:

2-year-old son: Da da is that Indiana?

"Yes, that's INDIANA."

2-year-old: Indiana playing basketball?

"YES INDIANA BASKETBALL"

2-year-old: GO INDIANA (claps) 

It was late, he put his book down to cheer for IU and fell asleep watching with me. IU Basketball is generational - did the same thing with my father growing up and still text with him and my brothers about IU almost every day. Priceless memories

Special years man -- it goes fast, enjoy it (said by guy with 3 kids in college)