Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

31 minutes ago, cthomas said:

If he coaches half as good as he talks, we are immediately better. This is a step up in competition but I like that he is confident he can handle it. We need what he brings as a coach and we also need better players to move significantly up in conference. But, that said, better coaching probably has us in a bowl this year.

Yep, he talks the talk now he'll need to walk the walk. Past results indicate he should be able to do that.

As for the last sentence, I agree. This team could have gotten 6 wins this year. Looks possible next year, too.

8 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Yep, he talks the talk now he'll need to walk the walk. Past results indicate he should be able to do that.

As for the last sentence, I agree. This team could  should have gotten 6 wins this year. Looks possible next year, too.

13 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I loved his second answer on NIL...

Said we won't have the same resources that other top teams have, but that wont be detrimental...said he would love to see the price tag of the top guys compared to their production...it's all abut how you evaluate and develop kids...his worst transfers at JMU were power 5 kids, best were FSC kids. 

We won't likely ever compete with the big schools for NIL dollars...but Coach Cig is making no excuses....

IU has a large fanbase. The problem is we're used to the football team being bad and the administration not seeming to care. If they start winning, and doing it consistently, I think you'll see the NIL dollars increase. If they start winning big like the big schools do? Well, I think IU can compete. A lot of ifs in there (and big ones at that) but winning changes a lot things, including how much money fans are willing to part with.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He doesn’t give the warm and fuzzy, friendlies. I mean, that’s probably the case for most winning football coaches. But he’s long married. He’s a family man and football is his top priority. His past indicates it works. I love his confidence that’s for sure. I love his recruiting philosophy. I hope it works against the best of the best.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He isn't a clappy clappy boy like Allen. Watched JMU playing Coastal Carolina and hecwas ripping into dudes while up 40. He seems more like the type that'll hold the players accountable in the moment, rather than throwing them under the bus after the game.

He isn't a clappy clappy boy like Allen. Watched JMU playing Coastal Carolina and hecwas ripping into dudes while up 40. He seems more like the type that'll hold the players accountable in the moment, rather than throwing them under the bus after the game.

I’ve got no problem with a tough coach. He’s just got to get kids that match his personality. I like what he’s selling so far.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I can see a path to 7 and maybe even 8 wins next year. I actually believe this which is wild.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I got us going 7-0 by the time Washington rolls into town!

7 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Coyle is a dufus anyways and can't listen to his show anymore 

He and Rabby were doing some show and he was driving to Bloomington. It was clear they had some knowledge of him during the show but spent no time preparing. Rabby did not even know where the room for the press conference was going to be. From the tone of their discussion they thought they could just show up and wing it. Guess they leaned something but they will probably just hold a grudge 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Any guesses on what Cig meant by his multiple allusions to "no self-imposed limitations"?

Curious what folks around here think.

He mentioned that phrase when asked what is his 'vision of the program'. So for me at least, the sky is the limit and your willingness to reach that is on everyone in that locker room including the man making the statement. He probably thinks we can win the whole effin thing (not just conference) right now just so long as everyone is all in. He's confident in his approach and that's contagious. 

He got asked how would he describe and grade what a successful 2024 season would be for IUFB? His answer was on brand with his mindset. It was tough for him to answer it and mentioned it's pretty hypothetical. So he just answered a successful season is having a team that invested everyday to be the best it could be and played consistent on Saturday. Gave an example of a team that was all in on what he and his staff was coaching. He than said, 'give me a team next year that listens, applies it, commits, plays it like we want them to play (process oriented), we're going to do ok.'

This guy is trying to completely change a mindset and I'm so glad to see this type of coach at IUFB.

Comment about IUFB: "It's time has come to make some noise and make a statement. And we're going to work everyday to make that happen." - Coach Cig

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Do you hate fun

Good and fun, up until new Coach yells that schools who have beat up IU in football for many years suck.

8 minutes ago, TTT said:

Good and fun, up until new Coach yells that schools who have beat up IU in football for many years suck.

So we are, in fact, pissing and moaning about our very fun new coach having fun. 

I bet Teri Moren thought it was awesome, does that change your mind

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

So we are, in fact, pissing and moaning about our very fun new coach having fun. 

I bet Teri Moren thought it was awesome, does that change your mind

Nope.  Because Teri Moren and other mature head coaches would stop short in a public forum saying other schools suck.  Very immature.  (even BK waited until he built success before he put JACK @$$ to represent Purdue (AD) on his weekly Sunday morning tv show with Chuck Marlow).  Definitely locker room bulletin board material for other schools.  Uncalled for and not a smart way to draw a line in the sand.