Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

"We've been dealing with it for 3 years, we had a collective at JMU".  Vibes of RMK saying 'what a **** question' in a more professional manner.

"Yes we did" 3 seconds into Coyle's question. He is going to make some reporters mad

7 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Coach Cig when he's asked about how he will deal with NIL:

legally-blonde-hard.gif

Seriously. You google "JMU NIL" and it's pretty obvious to see they have a more organized NIL system than Indiana does. We have a lot of reporters but about 3.5 worth anything.

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure I would want to have a beer with him, but I would play my rear end off for him. He seems very serious. Not sure some of our guys are going to be able to handle him. 

Confident and no BS. Some may not be able to, but I can see some wanting to run through a wall for him.

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Seriously. You google "JMU NIL" and it's pretty obvious to see they have a more organized NIL system than Indiana does. We have a lot of reporters but about 3.5 worth anything.

Im pretty sure he was trying to refer to the amount of NIL money but the way he phrased made it seem like small schools don't have money or NIL issues.  Just a very poorly phrased question. And he had already answered the NIL question like 2 minutes prior. 

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

Im pretty sure he was trying to refer to the amount of NIL money but the way he phrased made it seem like small schools don't have money or NIL issues.  Just a very poorly phrased question. 

You can tell he loves JMU with how he answered that. Further, I'd bet JMU's NIL total is much closer to ours (before Allen was fired) than anyone would be comfortable with. Certainly closer to ours than ours was to OSU, Michigan, etc.

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure I would want to have a beer with him, but I would play my rear end off for him. He seems very serious. Not sure some of our guys are going to be able to handle him. 

Probably not a bad thing, this team needs a culture overhaul badly. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

You can tell he loves JMU with how he answered that. Further, I'd bet JMU's NIL total is much closer to ours (before Allen was fired) than anyone would be comfortable with. Certainly closer to ours than ours was to OSU, Michigan, etc.

And that needs to change. We probably won't be able to match OSU or Michigan but need to be able to compete with the middle of the conference.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Love to know how many players who have announced for the portal never get a call asking them to re-consider.

What is the over/under in Vegas?

45 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Well he doesn't lack confidence that's for sure. Good thing, this will definitely be a challenge.

On the field eliminating stupid mistakes would be a good start so I liked hearing they weren't penalized much.

He did his homework.  And frankly, I think he knows it won't be "that difficult" to improve record wise.  Spent a lot of time talking about winning those 1 score games.  We lost 4 games by 7 points or less.  You change those around and we are at 7 wins.  Recruit and develop your talent.  Play tight and penalty free.  Instant improvement and work from there.   

Love President Whitten visibility and interest in IU sports.  Both, men and ladies.

Cignetti IU era football success = Regular Season coaching record = win one more game than you lose.

Bowl games record = win one more bowl game than you lose.

Stated he has never looked at stars regarding a player and I am sure that is true.  However, he does look at an evaluation on a player as most coaches do that includes a “star” like evaluation and like most coaches also want the player to have high level character.  (He like everyone else wants the best rated players regardless of whatever rating scale used) or he better have them if he wants to win in big ten and that means winning above 50%.