Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

7 minutes ago, TTT said:

The complexity of each situation and taking care of oneself as number one definitely requires empathy as no one knows about each individual’s situation.

Two reactions to this:

1. An incredibly sophisticated explanation.
  2. I have absolutely no idea what this all-you-can-eat word salad means. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Nope. I don't subscribe. I have zero empathy. 

I certainly understand your point of view. I tend to agree with you actually.

The only reason I brought it up is because now NIL is a variable and it's probably a little more complicated making the decision. I know personally, when someone knocks on my door, I always answer it. Even though I am perfectly happy at my place of employment. But that's just me. 

I don't know anything about the whole NIL/Portal combo and would really like to hear from someone with the know. That way I could get a little more educating on the subject if that makes sense. 

Hovadipo brought up another variable regarding a new coach coming in as well. During the signing day presser Coach Cig mentioned he wanted to weed out the players he didn't think fit for him. Dunnam might actually be one of those players he just didn't want on the team. Who knows. 

I guess my point was that it might not be all that simple in the grand scheme of things. That's all. 

49 minutes ago, TTT said:

The complexity of each situation and taking care of oneself as number one definitely requires empathy as no one knows about each individual’s situation.

Ehhh. Save it. 

I'm tired of every individual thinking they come before anything else.  It's football and where you get your education, this isn't life and death and most won't be courted like this in the real world. Dunham is getting a dose of reality, sorry Charlie. 

57 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

For a lot of them:

1.  I'm irreplaceable,

2.  I'll get lots of great offers,

3.  The coaches of my current team will chase me down and beg me to stay.

This seems to be what I'm hearing/reading a lot. Admittedly I know nothing about it and just go with the flow if that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Taking care of one’s self first and foremost requires a full understanding of the consequences of your choices and decisions.  Honestly explaining those consequences to someone who doesn’t fully understand them certainly involves empathy towards that person, although the person hearing it often may not perceive it that way.

5 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Man, that's probably a lot easier said than done. I can't imagine what is going through these players heads when making the decision to shop the market. It'll be interesting to here from folks in the know about the process and what kind of advise is being given.

A lot of kids enter the portal because there is going to be a coaching change and they don't know how they'll fit under the next coach.  The portal is used by both players and coaches.

DB from ODU Listed at 5'9 192 Safety. 40 times range from mid 4.4s to 4.6s. All Sun-Belt honorable mention 

TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF INT YDS TD
FRESHMAN: 5 5 0 2 0 0 0 0 0
SOPHOMORE: 32 13 19 2 0 0 1 10 0
JUNIOR: 95 39 56 4 0 0 1 46 0
CAREER TOTAL: 132 57 75 8 0 0 2 56

Was at BC as a freshman in 2021, then transferred to ODU

54 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Also kinda random, but are we switching to black unis next year? Kinda weird that EVERY player who’s made an announcement to come here has been in the black unis 

Being a former travel and HS softball coach, I absolutely love black uniforms. IMO, they look mean and intimidating. Maybe Coach Cignetti really likes that look instead of all that purple. Lol 

Besides, I think comes across a showing power and strength. That’s my take. Lol