Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, WhiteyMcSpeed said:

Not coming back, a good lesson that by putting your name in the portal you are giving up your spot on the roster

IMG_2021.jpeg

Really surprises me. I'm sure there's a plan here but this is the first CCC move that really has me questioning it.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Oof. That sucks and is horribly embarrassing for Dunnam because we all know what “there was a misunderstanding” means here. 

Wow.

Either Dunham isn’t good enough or the staff  is not a fan of his personality/character. Because others have most certainly been welcomed back from the portal.

So which is it?

I feel for Dunnam here, he put Indiana on his chest and fought hard. With that said...CCC has been transparenct that not all players from the portal would be welcome back and he is looking for a proven track record of performance and strong character.  Net, a crappy situation for all parties, but I dont see any malicious intent here.

If anything, I think this speaks to Dolson openness to playing the role of 'big-boy-program' and not pushing an agenda on the incoming staff. 

Anyway, I have CCC at 87 scholarships with gaps on both sides of the line and defensive back - expect more movement in the coming weeks!

I’m in the camp that is surprised that Cig said no thanks to his return as we really need DB’s. 

I think there is a 90% chance that Cig told him there was no room for him but think there is a 10% chance he received an attractive ($$) last minute offer. Regardless of what happened…looking forward to some DB additions.

19 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I’m in the camp that is surprised that Cig said no thanks to his return as we really need DB’s. 

I think there is a 90% chance that Cig told him there was no room for him but think there is a 10% chance he received an attractive ($$) last minute offer. Regardless of what happened…looking forward to some DB additions.

IMG_0451.jpeg

His only Twitter like since this happened. Think your 90% option is the answer. 

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't jump in the portal to begin with. Simple

Man, that's probably a lot easier said than done. I can't imagine what is going through these players heads when making the decision to shop the market. It'll be interesting to here from folks in the know about the process and what kind of advise is being given.

59 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Man, that's probably a lot easier said than done. I can't imagine what is going through these players heads when making the decision to shop the market. It'll be interesting to here from folks in the know about the process and what kind of advise is being given.

Totally agree. Especially for kids that don’t have a HS coach, trainer, etc. working the back channels before they make their portal decision. That’s a huge part of the portal that people don’t see and it isn’t even necessarily tampering. Impossible to police.

It’s not like you’re guaranteed to be happily welcomed by the new staff if you don’t hop in the portal either. 

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

Shop the market. You have every right. (You being the player, not you the poster of course). But don’t be surprised when loyalty is questioned and the door is shut when you turn back around. That’s shame on you. Not shame on me. 

Nope. I don't subscribe. I have zero empathy. 

I can't imagine what is going through these players heads when making the decision to shop the market.

For a lot of them:

1.  I'm irreplaceable,

2.  I'll get lots of great offers,

3.  The coaches of my current team will chase me down and beg me to stay.

The complexity of each situation and taking care of oneself as number one definitely requires empathy as no one knows about each individual’s situation.