Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

44 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Great. So he probably isn't going to be a punt returner at his next stop. What's your point in this?

Really that no one should care about him coming back or not. Because whether anyone wants to admit it or not, he wasn't good... Outside of kickoff. Obviously he kind of got screwed having to play RB instead of WR, but even when at WR, he wasn't good. We've already gotten dudes in the portal that would keep him on the bench and I doubt he'd want to come back to only return kickoffs.

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Really that no one should care about him coming back or not. Because whether anyone wants to admit it or not, he wasn't good... Outside of kickoff. Obviously he kind of got screwed having to play RB instead of WR, but even when at WR, he wasn't good. We've already gotten dudes in the portal that would keep him on the bench and I doubt he'd want to come back to only return kickoffs.

You really should have just said that IMO. I agree; he's not a key piece or a key retention. 

48 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You really should have just said that IMO. I agree; he's not a key piece or a key retention. 

Agree with that also! Although, I'm not convinced that he isn't going to transfer somewhere with *an* offensive scheme and be a really nice piece. He bounced back and forth from being not used well and not used...ever in his time at IU.

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Agree with that also! Although, I'm not convinced that he isn't going to transfer somewhere with *an* offensive scheme and be a really nice piece. He bounced back and forth from being not used well and not used...ever in his time at IU.

Lucas is very fast and very quick - seems to get to top speed in a hurry. However, he is not very shifty at all, which makes him a lousy choice for RB or WR.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Lucas is very fast and very quick - seems to get to top speed in a hurry. However, he is not very shifty at all, which makes him a lousy choice for RB or WR.

Plenty of ways to use his strengths. We utilized approximately zero of those.

33 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

How about that ex 5 star line guy from Wisconsin? Our connection get us an in?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

No inside information, but for the line I am keeping an eye on IOL Jacoby Jackson from Texas Tech.  He has good size and meaningful experience playing at the Power 5 level.

https://texastech.com/sports/football/roster/jacoby--jackson/12497

https://247sports.com/player/jacoby-jackson-46059509/

I definitely still feel like our front 7 is a weak point… we got bullied up front in a few games last year, especially by Rutgers, not a lot of reason to believe that will fundamentally change… Carpenter was a very good Sun Belt D Lineman but he’s small. 
but this is the most talented offense we’ve had since that Covid year. 

I honestly think a Smith/Kidwell/Katic/Stephens/Wedig offensive line has the potential to be pretty solid, assuming that’s what we roll with. 
All 3 levels of defense will be iffy imo. Would like to get some solid DB's and some interior size before fall.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Camper to Boise St. - leaves six remaining in the portal.

I would expect that number to increase as the roster currently sits at 93'ish scholarships.

976755791_ScreenShot2024-01-07at1_42_30PM.thumb.png.6b405f2bb618e29800a57ded7d3d3204.png

I know Boise is a solid program, but is that really the best offer Camper got?

11 minutes ago, Demo said:

I know Boise is a solid program, but is that really the best offer Camper got?

It’s the only program I saw him linked to after he hit the portal. Pairing him with Nelson, assuming both are healthy, could be pretty serious next season.