Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

BTT Game Thread: Indiana vs. Iowa 3/12 - 1 pm on CBS

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Most definitely…I actually feel like we found something…not sure what but something…in that Purdue game. 

What was RMK's saying?  "The mental is to the physical what 2 is to 1" (or something like that)?

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

And yet we somehow managed to beat Michigan and Illinois while getting nothing from Bates.  Seems like guys on the bench get popular for being different options without necessarily being better options.

The option we really needed from the bench wasn't available today and Bates offense is not really the problem or what we needed today. Maybe playing him wouldn't have cost IU that much and would've been a net benefit with the rest it would've allowed other players but that would've been risky as well. 

1 minute ago, hoosierbgh said:

The option we really needed from the bench wasn't available today and Bates offense is not really the problem or what we needed today. Maybe playing him wouldn't have cost IU that much and would've been a net benefit with the rest it would've allowed other players but that would've been risky as well. 

I think someone said statistically that it can't be argued that we didn't have better options on the bench.  That must not be looking at Bates' actual output this season.  Hope he has a great career, but 33%/29% isn't statistically better.

17 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It should have been.  It seemed every borderline call went against IU, and that and 1 that got overturned was a horrible call and called an offensive foul on TJD was awful.  The refs seem to dictate way too much and it seemed in Iowa’s favor, IMO 

It wasn't completely one sided so there's that but every time IU started to pull away, you could count on a questionable foul on IU and no calls on the other end. I absolutely hate when ref's do that, in some ways its almost worse that a one sided jobbing would be. 

12 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

And winning the games seems to cloud memories about the idea that those options would have potentially helped us win more comfortably. The Kopp/Stewart combo heavily contributed to us being down 17 to Michigan before those other options came in and changed the game. It’s great we won those two games, I’m thrilled and proud. But that doesn’t mean I can’t state the obvious and wish we didn’t HAVE to come back from down 17, or beat Illinois going away by 10-15 points, and close out Iowa by guarding the three point line and playing with a higher basketball IQ. Those “options” that seem better on the bench, are statistically and by the eye test, better on the floor than our starting five. I’m not sure it’s even debatable at this point. 

A lot of this!!

Some people are just happy IU is on the floor, others happy when IU wins, and others watch to see how the game is played and strive for as close to perfection as possible. We did some really nice things against Michigan, Ill, and Iowa. Iowa had one way to beat us and we could have been a lot better in defending against that to win the game. We wonder why IU is just so "unlucky" in the Big 1.o tourney. There are reasons for that but some don't want to acknowledge them.

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

It’s remarkable how X has developed to be our leader of this team.   I hope he stays next year to show the new incoming class what type of attitude you need to be successful in college. 

It would be nice to have two awesome options at point guard and not put all the pressure on the freshman to be THE man from day one 

33 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Larry Sciritto appeared to be the ref 'handling' the situation with Fran McCaffrey.

In case you didn't know, this is Sciritto -- police chief who was fired by Fort Lauderdale a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2022/03/03/fort-lauderdale-fires-chief-larry-scirotto/

You have to be on another level to get fired from Broward County 

Not going to go through the entire thread, so SIAP, but on the bright side, I like where IU is projected at the moment, #11 seed vs LSU. That would be a very winnable game and then no greater than a #3 seed(Texas Tech) in the way of a trip to the Sweet 16. Another win or 2 and IU was looking at a 8 or 9 seed and a second round game against a killer.