Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah as I said I didn't realize what year he was but next year would be his 5th season. I know he also has his music career so he might want to head in that direction. 

He’s also gonna be 24 years old next season.

And, he’s reportedly an excellent student so he’ll have a strong future with or without basketball.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He’s also gonna be 24 years old next season.

And, he’s reportedly an excellent student so he’ll have a strong future with or without basketball.

If he comes back, he would play next season as a 23-year-old. He would be 24 by the time the NBA draft rolls around though -- if he were to think a return might help from that standpoint. He's 22 now and turns 23 in June. 

On 1/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, Stuhoo said:

Crean put together one absolutely complete team roster: 

• Yogi, by then a true championship quality point, RoJo, Zeisloft, Troy, Bryant, OG, Juwan, and Beilfeldt. That was an eight player championship-quality rotation.

Two things went wrong:

1. We were far, far thinner at guard than up front. When RoJo got hurt we had to use walk-on Harrison Niego as our third guard. The timing on RoJo's injury was brutal.
  2. We ran into the eventual champ, UNC, took away their inside game, and a low shooting % guard got super hot. 

But that roster for IU was loaded.

What is interesting is that Belein didn’t think Biefeldt was ever a championship rotation player.

Latest Draft Express/ESPN mock draft has Trayce going 48th overall. Obviously would love to have him back but if he's gone I really hope he gets drafted he deserves it. Would also show that Woody can take a guy that previously was not going to get drafted and help develop him into someone that does.

6 hours ago, IU_FanClub said:

Latest Draft Express/ESPN mock draft has Trayce going 48th overall. Obviously would love to have him back but if he's gone I really hope he gets drafted he deserves it. Would also show that Woody can take a guy that previously was not going to get drafted and help develop him into someone that does.

He's 95th on Sam Vecenie's big board today on The Athletic, just as another data point.

1 minute ago, IU_FanClub said:

Interesting how it can be that much different. Are there mock drafter rankings like there are for bracketologists because someone has to be way off there haha

Chad Ford would either be the best or dead last depending on how/when you look at things.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/25/7886991/chad-ford-nba-draft-espn-rankings-change

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If TJD wants team flexibility and just as much of a chance to be on an NBA roster, he's far better off not getting drafted than being a second round pick.

True I'm hoping he ends up with the right team because that could make or break his NBA career. Teams like the Grizzlies and Spurs do such a good job of player development but then there's teams like Sacramento who can turn anything into garbage 

Posted this in the Rutgers thread. Looks like there is a good shot that rob will be back or he would have given a speech. Race  and Parker don't seem to be trending that way.

Know there are games left to be played, but this topic will be interesting in a month or so. 

17 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

hmmm....

Just because i dont fully understand this NIL stuff...would there be any reason for a player to sign a NIL and then go Pro? Like could they signa  deal in college and then it translate to the professional levels? Just curious as i dont know how any of this works. 

3 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Just because i dont fully understand this NIL stuff...would there be any reason for a player to sign a NIL and then go Pro? Like could they signa  deal in college and then it translate to the professional levels? Just curious as i dont know how any of this works. 

I would assume this could just be a 1-2 month deal. Pretty smart given how big basketball becomes this time of year.

1 minute ago, mjeze106 said:

I would assume this could just be a 1-2 month deal. Pretty smart given how big basketball becomes this time of year.

Ahh, never thought of it that way. 

Three new recruits means three current players have to move on. Trayce Jackson Davis, Race Thompson, and Parker Stewart would seem to be the three. It is possible others might also decide to leave.

Just now, Honkyman said:

Three new recruits means three current players have to move on. Trace Jackson Davis, Race Thompson, and Parker Stewart would seem to be the three. It is possible others might also decide to leave.

Add in that if X is back, Rob is back, JHS coming in as a freshman, Lander leaves since he wouldn't want to be the 4th guard. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Add in that if X is back, Rob is back, JHS coming in as a freshman, Lander leaves since he wouldn't want to be the 4th guard. 

Galloway, Leal, Bates all ahead of Lander too.  I’d love to keep Lander, but I’m not sure I see anyway it goes that way if even 1 guard returns of Phin, X.   Maybe even if neither of them return.