Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Better St Johns than a directional Michigan or Illinois school which is what you would have in its place without the Gavitt Games. Anyone in Big East is better than the alternative. 

IU would be able to play someone else marquee in the place of St. John’s. Yes maybe on November 17th or whatever IU plays a cupcake, but without the gavitt IU is free to schedule a big time game against any team. The big ten wouldn’t dictate who/when they play 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

IU would be able to play someone else marquee in the place of St. John’s. Yes maybe on November 17th or whatever IU plays a cupcake, but without the gavitt IU is free to schedule a big time game against any team. The big ten wouldn’t dictate who/when they play 

IU would not schedule a game though. They would schedule another cupcake. 

People were complaining about IU's schedule not being tough enough. Then the Big Ten steps in and mandates 3 harder games (2 conference games, Gavitt) and everyone still complains.

Do people just like to complain no matter what that either the schedule is to hard or to easy? That is what it seems like.  

Just now, Aaron said:

IU would not schedule a game though. They would schedule another cupcake. 

People were complaining about IU's schedule not being tough enough. Then the Big Ten steps in and mandates 3 harder games (2 conference games, Gavitt) and everyone still complains.

Do people just like to complain no matter what that either the schedule is to hard or to easy? That is what it seems like.  

We are saying IU schedules cupcakes because the big ten tells them who their marquee games will be. Leaving no room for IU to schedule on their own. 

your same argument was made for the crossroads classic. Literally it was by many (maybe not you). And look? IU replaced it with Kansas, not a cupcake 

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

We are saying IU schedules cupcakes because the big ten tells them who their marquee games will be. Leaving no room for IU to schedule on their own. 

your same argument was made for the crossroads classic. Literally it was by many (maybe not you). And look? IU replaced it with Kansas, not a cupcake 

And we may not even play in the Gavitt Games. There are 3 teams left out every year. Personally, I'd love to see more 2 game- home and homes scheduled. Like Kansas but also other teams we normally never see like an Arizona, Baylor, UCLA, UNC or something. And have a couple of those deals scheduled for every season. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And we may not even play in the Gavitt Games. There are 3 teams left out every year. Personally, I'd love to see more 2 game- home and homes scheduled. Like Kansas but also other teams we normally never see like an Arizona, Baylor, UCLA, UNC or something. And have a couple of those deals scheduled for every season. 

Yeah that’s the other thing. It’s difficult to get a series outside the gavitt games going if you only play in it every few years but have to keep it open. 

34 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah that’s the other thing. It’s difficult to get a series outside the gavitt games going if you only play in it every few years but have to keep it open. 

And who have we played so far?

2015 we played Creighton and they ended up 20-15(9-9).

2017 played Seton Hall who was decent. Ended up 22-12(10-8) and an 8 seed. 

2018 played Marquette who ended up probably being the best team we've played. 

2021 played St. John's who could easily end up in the NIT this season. 

And looking at the records, only 8 games are played. That's 6 Big Ten teams being left out. So what the hell is really the point of it? 6 B1G teams and 3 Big East teams sit at home. Such a silly event. Literally does nothing for the Big Ten except give them more power to make schedules. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And who have we played so far?

2015 we played Creighton and they ended up 20-15(9-9).

2017 played Seton Hall who was decent. Ended up 22-12(10-8) and an 8 seed. 

2018 played Marquette who ended up probably being the best team we've played. 

2021 played St. John's who could easily end up in the NIT this season. 

And looking at the records, only 8 games are played. That's 6 Big Ten teams being left out. So what the hell is really the point of it? 6 B1G teams and 3 Big East teams sit at home. Such a silly event. Literally does nothing for the Big Ten except give them more power to make schedules. 

But didn't the Big East beat the Big Ten in the Gavitt games this year?

I don't mind the Gavitt games. If I had to pick one of either the Gavitt games or the Crossroads classic to go away, I'd say the Crossroads (so I got my wish!). Regardless, I'm pumped for this Kansas home and home. I've got 2 friends who are Jayhawk fans and we've already committed to attending both of these games. Can't wait to take in a game at the Phog, but sorry, I'll be bringing 2 hawks fans to Assembly in 2023. 

5 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Agree.  Agree that the Gavitt games are silly — no one cares about them regionally or nationally and the big ten has nothing to gain and can only lose from it.

I know I’ve harped on it a lot, but still think the Big Ten conference schedule should be whittled to 18 and start in January.  Gives time in the schedule to put a Kansas type game without being mixed in conference play.

Just add "kick Maryland and Rutgers out of the conference" and you have a winning plan. 

41 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Woof. Adidas loves this matchup. I love it too, but we better be stepping up our game. We don’t matchup yet. Probably not next year either. Big, big, big time games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You don't like the prospect of a Lander, Bates, Geronimo, Transfer PF, Durr line-up against a batch of Jayhawk mercenaries?

Whatever it takes bring back the Kentucky game! Kansas is on campus so hopefully IU is saving a neutral site game for Kentucky! Lucas Oil every year which is what Kentucky proposed is ideal! IU doesn't need to be all self righteous and demand it be on campus. Crean and Glass are gone so the campus argument is over.  It was in Louisville and Indy for 20 plus years. Get it done Scott Dolson!

17 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

You don't like the prospect of a Lander, Bates, Geronimo, Transfer PF, Durr line-up against a batch of Jayhawk mercenaries?

I prefer the prospect of Jalen Hood Schifino, Tamar Bates, Jordan Geronimo, Race Thompson, and either Logan Duncomb or a top-tier transfer against them.

With Leal, Banks, Galloway, and Durr off the bench