Jump to content

Hardwood83

Senior Member
  • Posts

    2,950
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Hardwood83

  1. Based on the dreadful results, I am glad I didn't watch it!
  2. I don't watch enough of the AL to have an opinion, but your NL picks seem about right. I wouldn't mind seeing Cleveland end their drought.
  3. I believe the suspension into the following game has been dropped, hasn't it?
  4. Panic isn't warranted, but it's legit to recognize IU hasn't looked great in all aspects. For example, the pass defense was poor vs NW. The O line has not been consistently good (a lot of Beebe's yds were his effort, not blocking) the timing with the receivers is still developing. I thought this team was likely more talented than last year and expected that to show. Will it? Still early and the competition makes it hard to evaluate, but so far there are concerns. Of course the IU coaching staff has a history of extreme competence and there is legit talent, so let's hope that all comes together over the next couple weeks.
  5. Agreed. He's good, like a solid 6 out of 10. Nowhere near the hype though.
  6. Ugh, high ankle sprain makes sense based on how his foot was extended back. Those take some time. I'm more worried about IU's pass defense & offense against Rutgers and going forward. Giving up ~250yds passing in the second half ...not inspiring. On the other side IU should have abused NW with the passing game. They were down to the what, their 3rd string DB's? Becker and Marsh shoulda been running wild. As others have stated- not a great coaching game last night among other things.
  7. ETA- sorry you asked "how bad" can't say, might be out a week might be several. I would guess an ankle injury.
  8. Illinois has a bird mascot? Regardless, don't see Bucknuts losing at home to a very average Illini, unless Bielema eats several of O$U's best players first.
  9. Probably true, but having some percentage of "student-athletes" that are actually just full-time athletes is a drastic departure from the past. And that is only one aspect. The unlimited transfers, NIL mania, pro's returning, & mega conferences has all combined to make it nearly unrecognizable from just 10yrs ago. Not trying to turn this into a doom & gloom thread, but poiting out that having players that aren't college students in college sports kinda defeats the purpose, no?
  10. University of No Classes was a trend setter. Safe to say "College" sports are dead. As for the 2022 guys 5th yr eligibility- what is the outcome? Surely having 1/2 eligible and 1/2 not, based entirely on where they filed suit isn't a tenable result...is it?
  11. 2 biggest stories in college football are not about college football. Just when you think Lane Kiffin can't be any bigger of a d-bag, he proves you wrong. Just when you think Michigan can't be anymore weasely and slimy, they find a way to make the B1G do it for them. I guess the Sorsby nonsense over the summer was just the warm-up, CFB has more uneccessary drama than a "Real Housewives" episode.
  12. I don't think it's just Moore. Oregon's scheme is pretty basic. They generally just hand the ball off and let their backs find a seam or throw to the flat/slants and let their players talent take over. It works 90% of the time...until they play teams of equal talent or far superior coaching/preparation (hello IU.) That is why the have to have elite talent to win and why they always come up short in the big game, they are easy to prepare for. Stein at pUKe is gonna find it tougher sledding for his PeeWee league level sophisticated offense, without Oregon's 32 5-Star difference makers. Thoughts?
  13. Michigan rightfully getting savaged:
  14. Clearly he had something going at Utah, but gives off "I wish I had retired" vibes. I really hope they go 6-6 and end up in the Poulon Weedeater Bowl.
  15. No. Occasionally the league office will admit mistakes, but doesn't change the outcome.
  16. I sure hope so. That was just shameful.
  17. That is objectively the wrong call. They are giving Michigan a freebie.
  18. Other than a decent pass-rush, has Michigan looked even average in any other facet of the game?
  19. Plot twist- Kyle Whittingham brought Alabama's (lack of a) running game with him to Michigan. Western Michigan might be pretty good...but MIchigan is getting punked.
  20. Pretty sure you are right! Good thing he'll get a lot of practice.
  21. 11-1, loss @ Washington. Win the B18 Championship over Oregon.
  22. I think this is inarguable. That FBI investigation proved that every program consistently pulling in 5 stars was cheating. Simple formula, the more high ranked recruits you got= the more your program was cheating. So when NIL arrived Nick Saban immediately retired...because he didn't want to deal with paying players (insert eye-roll emoji here.)
  23. Article from CBS Sports about the separation that is emerging in the B1G due to $$. Inside the Big Ten's money gap: $40 million roster has become simply the cost of admission in new era The 'revelation' from Bielema is interesting, but it's exactly what we've all expected. Stratification is happening fast.
  24. $9 mil for NOT working? I'd say Franklin was pretty lucky too!
×
×
  • Create New...