Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Game Thread: vs. St. John’s - 9:12 - FS1

We ought to have a pre-game thread so that we aren't mixing info into the prediction thread.

My first take?

St. John's has some fast, hard-working, talented players. BUT, they start Aaron Wheeler, formerly of Purdoooo. Aaron Wheeler has talent, but has no heart, below average instincts, is incredibly inconsistent, and rarely plays with tenacity. And that's under Painter, who usually gets kids to play hard. 

If Aaron Wheeler tries to guard Trayce or Race, lord help Aaron Wheeler.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We ought to have a pre-game thread so that we aren't mixing info into the prediction thread.

My first take?

St. John's has some fast, hard-working, talented players. BUT, they start Aaron Wheeler, formerly of Purdoooo. Aaron Wheeler has talent, but has no heart, below average instincts, is incredibly inconsistent, and rarely plays with tenacity. And that's under Painter, who usually gets kids to play hard. 

If Aaron Wheeler tries to guard Trayce or Race, lord help Aaron Wheeler.

This will be a real test for us.  They are much better than I anticipated. Very athletic and fast.  Some good shooters. Some good size.  Happy we will be the home team in this one.  

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Looking forward to it! First game I get to enjoy after finding out I passed the bar exam, so I’ll actually get to enjoy the game without a feeling of impending doom, lol. 

Congrats -- and welcome (or maybe here is where your impending doom should lie) to a life of lawyering.... :) 

Yours truly, another lawyer

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

congrats man

Thanks man! 

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Congrats -- and welcome (or maybe here is where your impending doom should lie) to a life of lawyering.... :) 

Yours truly, another lawyer

Lol! Very true. Thank you! 

Congratulations on passing the bar.  Likewise, I was more than relieved when I passed the Professional Engineering Exam....back when we used the abacus.

Now it's time to hit the bars.  Study tarts not torts.

In the St. Johns game, very glad IU has XJ handling the ball.  Seems that St. Johns biggest issues will be IU's defense and turnovers.   IU's will be hitting 3's, front-line fouls and playing a whole game.

Defense, let’s just keep it up. Push them into bad shots late in the shot clock. 

On offense, I want to see purposeful, hard off-ball movement and good passes. Just keep creating chemistry. 

Like everyone, I want Bates in there. Not so much because he’s ready yet, but because I want to accelerate him being ready. I still think Parker is going to be a big time player for us, so I’d like to see some signs of that happening. 

10 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Like everyone, I want Bates in there. Not so much because he’s ready yet, but because I want to accelerate him being ready. I still think Parker is going to be a big time player for us, so I’d like to see some signs of that happening. 

There will be ample opportunity to get Tamar a lot of minutes in "easier"(?) games in the next few weeks, before the B1G starts.

That's the problem with this team. We like every one of them and want all of them to get major minutes. But I doubt if that's the way to build a championship team. With our luck of constant injuries, I would think we'll need all of them before the season's out.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Looking forward to it! First game I get to enjoy after finding out I passed the bar exam, so I’ll actually get to enjoy the game without a feeling of impending doom, lol. 

Congratulations! I really mean it.....but this is where I usually start with the lawyer jokes. Since you are an IU guy, I'll let it slide....this time.

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

St John’s was always going to be at least a Q2 game for IU.   When the schedule first came out I tried to let people know that they would be better then what people were thinking.   Good coach with a system that can give teams problems.   Champagne is an all league caliber player and Posh Alexander is a really good guard.  A kid that was Lowly ranked coming out of high school but ended up winning the Big East freshman of the year over Dawson Garcia.  He also won the big East defensive player of the year as a freshman.   This should be a really good game.   Mrs USPS informed me yesterday that the 2 of us would be going to the game.  She got us tickets. 

Mrs. Mailman rocks!

USPS inspired me…tickets on StubHub are really, truly, insanely cheap for the first big game of Woody’s tenure. Like…$10 apiece get in price and tickets I’d consider “good” for about $40 apiece. Going to try sweet talking the wife tonight. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

USPS inspired me…tickets on StubHub are really, truly, insanely cheap for the first big game of Woody’s tenure. Like…$10 apiece get in price and tickets I’d consider “good” for about $40 apiece. Going to try sweet talking the wife tonight. 

Lol reminds me of myself on Sunday. I was at Disc Replay and saw some things I wanted then my wife happen to text I could get whatever I wanted for lunch she was having a smoothie. 

She never said I had to eat what I bought for lunch.  

Just kidding I did tell her what I bought she wasn’t angry but definitely had a wtf look on her face.  Which was a fair reaction. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Congrats! Awesome news!

Looking forward to watching this one. Half assed watched the 1st game, missed the 2nd, so looking forward to it. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Godspeed