Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

FWIW Queen played HS ball with Reese and Lamathe.  Both on Maryland roster.  Liam isn’t the only player connection for Queen.  If we win this recruitment, it’ll be a huge win for many reasons.   I’m sure Willard tried to use Geronimo as ammo against us. I wonder if that backfired?  

idk. 

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

FWIW Queen played HS ball with Reese and Lamathe.  Both on Maryland roster.  Liam isn’t the only player connection for Queen.  If we win this recruitment, it’ll be a huge win for many reasons.   I’m sure Willard tried to use Geronimo as ammo against us. I wonder if that backfired?  

idk. 

Maybe having Geronimo on Maryland's roster is a good thing for us. I wish we could post emojis on here. 

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

idk. 

Was that Queen's freshman year? I thought he has been at Monteverde since his sophomore year

34 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

idk. 

I would think it would backfire if they did. Geronimo and DQ are totally different players. That's not even taking into consideration that Miller recruited Geronimo.

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I would think it would backfire if they did. Geronimo and DQ are totally different players. That's not even taking into consideration that Miller recruited Geronimo.

Or ... Jordan Geronimo took Derik Queen aside, swore him to secrecy, and whispered that Woody is a better coach and a better dude than Kevin WiIllard.     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Was that Queen's freshman year? I thought he has been at Monteverde since his sophomore year

Correct. Played at St Francis in Baltimore as a Freshman and transferred to Montverde as a Soph.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m gonna oversimplify it because I think this might be the case:

Three Monteverde kids committing over  a two week period. Newell yesterday, Flagg Friday or Monday, and Queen sometime next week. Space them out, let each kid have their couple of days in the sun.

couple of days in the sun....The Sun....largest newspaper in Maryland is the Baltimore Sun.  Queen to Maryland.

**** you, Stuhoo for suggesting he's Maryland bound.

8 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

I wasn't thinking Kansas was even in his top. All we have been hearing is it is most likely down to us and the Terps.... This could drag on more that I like.... Ugggghhh

It’s not gonna drag on. He’s already confirmed he’s gonna sign early and the early window closes on the 15th.