Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

24 minutes ago, lillurk said:

No inside info but you’d rather be IU than Maryland here, right? If a ‘24 Maryland commit, his family, and Tipton did this I’d feel pretty bad about IU’s chances.

We’ll see if he agrees to do it. Not sure if a yes is so much a positive sign as not doing it under these circumstances would probably be not so good.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’ve wonder how their premium board has been the last couple of weeks, and insight?

Maryland guy posts daily where rabby only posts when there is new news. There hasn’t been new news since his “final” 4. Maryland guy is insistent that the only reason he’d go to IU is for NIL reasons and nothing else, it’s a running theme on the 247 maryland board 

in general nothing of note tho and if there was it would’ve already been leaked. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Maryland guy posts daily where rabby only posts when there is new news. There hasn’t been new news since his “final” 4. Maryland guy is insistent that the only reason he’d go to IU is for NIL reasons and nothing else, it’s a running theme on the 247 maryland board 

in general nothing of note tho and if there was it would’ve already been leaked. 

I mean.....NIL reasons are one of the top reasons to go anywhere, aren't they?  Certainly in every recruits top two, if not one.

Would seem to me saying that 'we lost the recruit because the other school had more NIL' isn't an indictment of the school you lost a player to.  Most of the big boys are offering money.  It's not exactly a little known nugget that Maryland was thought to be the leader for Hunter Dickinson at the beginning and by the end, they weren't even in the picture with Kentucky and Kansas.

5 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Ok, not sure if this was called out but DQ reposted this on his timeline. It is one thing that it is Liam’s mom, they are having fun etc but the message was “team up? Done” 

no, I don’t think this means it is done but man, liking that is one thing but retweeting it is next level. Sure seems to be a strong wind to IU recently. If I was Maryland, I would be in meltdown mode haha 

Hope like hell that I’m wrong but they could be sitting down there saying. DQ “hey Liam, if I sent out this post, make sure your mom likes it and reposts it.” LM “yeah man, that’d be funny af. Let’s mess with everybody”

6 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Ok, not sure if this was called out but DQ reposted this on his timeline. It is one thing that it is Liam’s mom, they are having fun etc but the message was “team up? Done” 

no, I don’t think this means it is done but man, liking that is one thing but retweeting it is next level. Sure seems to be a strong wind to IU recently. If I was Maryland, I would be in meltdown mode haha 

She at one point posted a picture of the 2 of them from their IU visit with a comment along the lines of , “They’re so cute!”  Made me laugh out loud because it reminded me that they are, in fact, children.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Exactly. In my opinion? This is a bad idea:

1. If he's planning on committing to IU, then have the session after the commitment announcement instead of
    • tipping your hand
    • stealing the real announcement's thunder, and
    • having to weasel out of any giving any concrete information. 
  2. If he may not be leaning IU, then all this will do is bring on a ton of hate when he announces for Maryland.

It's fun to read about, but this is a bad idea.

Absolutely, should not do it.

I hope we never recruit against Maryland again if only for the fact that I am so sick of hearing on Peegs about what people are saying on the Maryland board. That being said, the Maryland "insider" seems like a total clown but that doesn't mean we have to talk about them constantly.