Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Miller Kopp to Indiana (Northwestern Transfer)

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

What?  They had to drag me away from college life kicking and screaming

Yep, me too. Unfortunately the money ran out and had to get a job. Sitting on the bench for 6 years would have been my dream. Guess they didn't need a slow 6 foot guy that couldn't jump, lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Good get. He won't have to worry about having such a massive offensive role like he had to have at Northwestern. Just has to hit shots and he will see the floor. 

yep, at NW he was their #2 scoring option, and at IU he seems like he'd be at best the #4 option and probably even further down the pecking order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Willkie71 said:

Yep, me too. Unfortunately the money ran out and had to get a job. Sitting on the bench for 6 years would have been my dream. Guess they didn't need a slow 6 foot guy that couldn't jump, lol.  

could be like this guy

Image result for Animal House GIFs. Size: 235 x 101. Source: www.tumblr.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

First comment on a NU board:

Bet it will feel good to not be hounded by the best defenders in the league every single game. Not have to rush his shot every single time

Could explain last year’s percentage. 

Man proud of them for essentially complimenting him versus trying to diminish him in an effort to make it ok they lost him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Man proud of them for essentially complimenting him versus trying to diminish him in an effort to make it ok they lost him. 

IU even got a nice compliment. 
 

I hear you that he needed to make shots. But Indiana is a true blue blood program that regularly puts players in the NBA. They must have seen something on film to think that our staff just wasn't using him correctly. I guess we'll find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

First comment on a NU board:

Bet it will feel good to not be hounded by the best defenders in the league every single game. Not have to rush his shot every single time

Could explain last year’s percentage. 

I didn’t really watch NW last year, so I was looking at his stats. First thing that came to mind when I saw them was that he had a shift in  his role. 
 

If I had to guess he was getting a lot less catch and shoot opportunities and being asked to attack the basket a little more. Maybe lost a ball handler on the team that looked for him a lot. 
 

If he can catch and shoot 3’s at 40% clip at IU, like his soph year,  he’ll see good minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little water on the fire. 
 

Kopp is a sub 40% FG shooter for his career, which is his strength.  Hoping we can get him more open looks.  Minus defender, minus rebounder for size and position.  

clearly I’m not as excited about this one as others are, but I do see the upside. 

I’m still rooting for a roster flip if the staff can get a good big.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Yes, but there is no word on Hunter at all, unlike Geronimo 

Why would he or Lander leave after recommitting?  I think Woodson was probably really honest with these guys when he asked them to stay with the program.  Trey and Anthony said they were Hoosiers.  There are only 2 guys I can think of who are left who have not said anything one way or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

A little water on the fire. 
 

Kopp is a sub 40% FG shooter for his career, which is his strength.  Hoping we can get him more open looks.  Minus defender, minus rebounder for size and position.  

clearly I’m not as excited about this one as others are, but I do see the upside. 

I’m still rooting for a roster flip if the staff can get a good big.  

That’s fair. Which guy do we get, the one from last year or the one from the year before! In 19/20 he shot 40% from three on 5.3 attempts and 90% from the free throw line. Hopefully Woody can get him enough good looks to replicate that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

A little water on the fire. 
 

Kopp is a sub 40% FG shooter for his career, which is his strength.  Hoping we can get him more open looks.  Minus defender, minus rebounder for size and position.  

clearly I’m not as excited about this one as others are, but I do see the upside. 

I’m still rooting for a roster flip if the staff can get a good big.  

I'm with you on the big thing.

Need a rim protector in the Dean Garret, Alan Henderson mold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m still rooting for a roster flip if the staff can get a good big.   

Hate to see anyone go, but I'm right there getting very greedy with the potential for a 'good big'. Efton Reid?.....ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

I'm with you on the big thing.

Need a rim protector in the Dean Garret, Alan Henderson mold.

Who will sit then? How will those guys play with TJD? Do a lot of teams have rim protectors in the college game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

I'm with you on the big thing.

Need a rim protector in the Dean Garret, Alan Henderson mold.

Check my profile picture. That is our answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×