Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Reporting from duty...I can work from my car instead of my house... what time do I need to be there on stakeout ?

I will need a pair of binoculars....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

One plane from White plains is landing at Monroe at 10:25, the other is landing at 12:24

12 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

It seems to me it makes perfect sense that Dolson would move from Stevens to interviewing retirees and IU grads. All of the other top candidates were still coaching until this past weekend, so it would make perfect sense to get the interviews with the others out of the way while you wait for your top candidates to free up. That way you can say you covered all your bases, and don't waste the down time.

Great point! Makes complete sense.

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

@Chris007  What influence will Adidas have in our coaching search or influence what coach would want to come coach here? Any chance that a new coach could move IU from Adidas to Nike, Jordan, or Under Armour? 

I have not heard anything about our shoe company. Could be though.

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

@Chris007  What influence will Adidas have in our coaching search or influence what coach would want to come coach here? Any chance that a new coach could move IU from Adidas to Nike, Jordan, or Under Armour? 

Is the shoe contract with the coach or the school. That would matter.

I think it has only been our assumptions (or preferences) that lead us to believe that the interviews will take place sequentially in descending order of priority or preference.

Just because ‘number six’ may have been talked to doesn’t mean that we have interviewed one through five or ‘skipped’ anyone.

For any up and coming Nate Oats fans, here's the CBS article profiling him from a few weeks back. I specifically like his multiple references to NOT running Bobby Knight motion in today's game ----- looks like somebody growing up in the midwest was paying attention. Anyway great article about how he has used math / analytics / advanced analytical scouting to give his team advantages. 

Don't think he's coming but he would be my clear number 2 ------ and the way he yelled at the LSU bench to "get the **** outta here" after the SEC championship game and his penchant for plaid jackets he does remind me of someone.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ball-oats-how-alabama-became-an-sec-powerhouse-overnight-on-its-way-to-possibly-changing-college-basketball/

Edited by Moye > Boozer

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Home court doesn’t really matter in the NBA.

everyone knows Miami was better than those Pacers teams but we still managed to get home court over them. It’s how the NBA works. I can’t see any argument that those Knicks teams were better than Indiana on paper. Their only advantage was Melo, and even then Paul George went toe to toe with him and was arguably better.

Pacers only had home court advantage once in their three meetings. And sure, home court doesn’t mean as much when you have LeBron James on your team. For most other teams it’s pretty important, especially when two teams are evenly matched.

The Pacers’ best player in 2013 was a 22 year old Paul George. He averaged 19.5 ppg on 39/27/60 shooting splits against the Knicks. And the Knicks still lost. 

The other season he won 50+ games, his team got swept in the second round. They lost by 43, 14, 30, and 14 points. 

Just now, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Could Dolson be giving out bad info to some to see who leaks and who doesn't? Like that episode of Game of Thrones? 

I’m not sure he cares that much about leaks to go to those lengths. 

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

Well if that is true, it's officially cluster $%#^ time.  

You don't know that. Maybe we offered him, he said no, but then we gave him a physical anyway and he failed it.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Pacers only had home court advantage once in their three meetings. And sure, home court doesn’t mean as much when you have LeBron James on your team. For most other teams it’s pretty important, especially when two teams are evenly matched.

The Pacers’ best player in 2013 was a 22 year old Paul George. He averaged 19.5 ppg on 39/27/60 shooting splits against the Knicks. And the Knicks still lost. 

The other season he won 50+ games, his team got swept in the second round. They lost by 43, 14, 30, and 14 points. 

Defense matters though, Paul George was an incredible defender... Melo was not. That’s why I say it was close.

the fact of the matter is nba playoffs are an entirely different beast than NBA regular season. Those Knick teams had two offensive threats, Melo and JR Smith, who was streaky as hell. If those are your top two options, I have no idea what you were expecting to happen. Not to mention Melo kind of disappeared at times in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Mouse. 

Who do you want? 

Other than the home runs that aren’t coming (Beard, Bennett, Brad, etc), Thad was clearly the best option in my opinion.  He’s severely undervalued. His resume is fantastically strong outside of his two most recent seasons, which were primarily the product of a top ranked recruiting class just completely flopping - every one of them happened to be a miss.  You should be allowed to have two down years after fifteen straight good ones, multiple big ten championships, and multiple final fours - even at IU or OSU  

Between the remaining options, l’m indifferent. They’re all big gambles. Get a dart board. 

Edited by Nonymouse