Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Billingsley said:

Sorry have not had time to go through the last several pages. Whom do we think the done deal is?. Thanks in advance 

It’s Stevens...lol

11 minutes ago, Willkie71 said:

Why would Mack be considered a home run? His resume is a lot like Archie's. UL is a mess but he's not impressed many folks around here, IMO.

Because he's Chris ********* Mack!

I like him. He has a personality, he knows basketball, his players tend to play hard for him. Now would his offense and defense be similar? Potentially. I'm a little biased because I know some people close to Chris and what not but imo I think this would be a great hire!  

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t see Billy Donovan leaving Chicago during his 1st season. 

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Guess will be our fault this time. 

Just now, Treesh said:

I like him. He has a personality, he knows basketball, his players tend to play hard for him. Now would his offense and defense be similar? Potentially. I'm a little biased because I know some people close to Chris and what not but imo I think this would be a great hire!  

Chris Mack's team shot worse than Archie's team last year. No thank you. 

So according to the Dolson presser, if I understood it correctly- he is looking for a more "up tempo" style offense correct? I would be fine with that. The B1G needs to change with the times- they beat the sh*t out of each other during the season, then in the tourney; crap the bed for the most part.

So if that's the case, who are we talking about?

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Yep both Mack and Beard are big personality guys. I think they're even better than Stevens in that department... need someone who can be more than a coach and the face of a program. 

1 minute ago, Unexpectedflash said:

This is why people laugh at IU fans. Bennett is one of the most successful coaches in the NCAA. I think there's zero shot we get one of the few coaches that have won a title but saying he'd be a failure to get is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. 

I'll believe it when I see it but I would be thrilled if Indiana got Tony Bennett. They would win. He's a top ten coach in all of college basketball right now.