Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Y'all need to calm the heck down IMO.

There really isn't any new reliable evidence that anything is 'happening'.

It's St. Patty's Day. Irish Jesus should be out swilling green Sam Summah. Maybe that's what got his tweeter popping?

Sadly you are correct...party pooper :-)

Y'all need to calm the heck down IMO.
There really isn't any new reliable evidence that anything is 'happening'.
It's St. Patty's Day. Irish Jesus should be out swilling green Sam Summah. Maybe that's what got his tweeter popping?

I'm not taking as much from Evansville Eminem as I am from Adragna, Phillips and Guyton.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

@chris007 I was referring to a message about Brads wife wanting to come back home. That’s been the biggest positive in IUs favor.

Wait, to clarify, are you saying that there has been some traffic or some intel that Mrs. Stevens may be ready to come home to Indiana?

Is there ANY reason to believe that an Evansville rapper with hopes, who predicts Stevens to IU is worth anything whatsoever?
Cause whether Stevens has real interest or not, I'm not seeing that.
It'd be great, but there is no 'there-there' with 'Irish Jesus' IMO.

What do you mean? I’m from Evansville, and it is well known that we are a National hot bed for rap sensations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This.

It doesn't matter how we perceive the comment, or how former NBA players perceive it, all that matters is how Gen Z kids perceive it. 

I don't disagree with that but I will say.  Any kid that comes to play Hoops at IU better be able to process and comprehend an off the cuff comment made in a film room by an NBA Coach years earlier to a bunch of players who were getting beat every night and not practicing and paying attention in the film room.  If they can't, I don't think they are going to be able to handle  wearing our candystripes so it is probably best they do go play for another program.  How are they going to handle playing on the road in the Big Ten when they themselves are getting called much worse.  I would also say and I don't doubt that some Coaches would bring it up, any parent/player with a half of brain that would put mustard into some some Coach coming in and saying "Coach B, well he will just call you a thug" probably should be thinking about why that Coach isn't selling me on his program as opposed to negative selling me on another program.  I know it happens and I know it probably works at times...again, is that the mentality of a player you really want playing for you that would be swayed by this kind of garbage?  All Coaches have baggage, all Coaches

Just a thought,  but I think a Stevens hire all but assures TJD returns. Obviously, he is a tremendous player, but Zach Hahn was his high school coach and he went to 2 FFs with Stevens at Butler. The info Hahn can give TJD about the potential for the program and his teammates will act as a glue. Don't forget that Brunknis a Butler guy as well. Lots of immediate ramifications for the players with this if it happens. That is huge in transition time. 

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'm not taking as much from Evansville Eminem as I am from Adragna, Phillips and Guyton.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

If those two are not messing with us... this is really promising. Smoke for the new pope 51 minutes ago and AJ Guyton with the image that has been posted 31 minutes ago.

I don’t blame the ones not wanting to get excited but as someone else said this feels a lot different to me. I had the intel about Donovan as well that I fell for but something is really different this time. Maybe it’s a smoke screen for Pat Knight to become head coach.....