Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Drew Thelwell (Morehead State) commits to Iowa.  Perhaps their Perkins replacement -- doesn't play the defense Perkins does or score much, but good distributor.  10 ppg, 3.1 reb, 6.2 apg.  44/34/64 shooter.

Tarris Reed of Michigan commits to U Conn.  Of interest -- U Conn likely could be starting two bigs next year in Tarris Reed and Sampson Johnson.

Malik Mack (Harvard) officially joins Georgetown.

Nikita Kontstantynovskyi (Monmouth), 6'10" center enters. 9.3 points and 8.1 rebounds in 23 minutes.  Mostly mentioned here because that last name.

This madness is unsustainable 
Why did the ncaa grant these unlimited transfers in the first place? Was that another court case?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Former Seton Hall star Dre Davis has committed to Ole Miss, per his agent Noah Reisenfeld of Young Money APAA Sports. Davis committed on his visit to Oxford. He averaged 15.0 ppg and 5.9 rpg for the NIT champion Pirates.

Really tough blow for SHU/Shaheen. The assumption was he'd go somewhere closer to home to be near his daughter (believe he is from Indy). Seems like he is cashing in on one of his best opportunities to do so by playing ball, good for him. But to not be able to retain a guy like that because they just don't have the means to pay him as a small Catholic school is sad. Shaheen has a tall order in front of him with that program especially because of the financial factors. I hope it works out for him there. He would be scary at a place with real resources. 

55 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Why did the ncaa grant these unlimited transfers in the first place? Was that another court case?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Yes. 

Unless the NCAA gets an anti-trust exemption it'll continue to lose power by losing court cases. I think the only way that exemption happens is if it and the schools agree for the the players to become contract employees, unionize, and reach a collective bargaining agreement with the NCAA. Like professional sports.

FWIW, went to a Wisconsin board to see if they were posting about Essegian (they weren't but they aren't as active there).  Did read that the belief there is that Wisky has $2.5 million in NIL, so under half of what IU has.

That said, I don't want to compare our football NIL to theirs.

5 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Apparently, Trilly says Jerry Jones will double what any Kentucky commit has been offered to get them to flip to Arkansas. 

NIL -- sure is a hoot, ain't it. 

How bout them Razorbacks!