Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Northwestern Game Thread: 1/8/20 @7:00 BTN

Men’s Basketball: Northwestern’s struggles continue due to injuries to Turner, Gaines, and Buie. Northwestern now has seven scholarship players healthy.

When Northwestern posted the injury report before Sunday’s game against Minnesota, coach Chris Collins said postgame it was clear the Wildcats would be “a different kind of team.” Junior guard Anthony Gaines will undergo a season-ending shoulder surgery and senior forward A.J. Turner is day-to-day with a bruised thigh. Freshman guard Boo Buie, one of the biggest bright spots for NU this season, is also out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain.

The lone upperclassman in the 7-man rotation is graduate transfer Pat Spencer, who is in his first season of college basketball.“We only had a couple days to figure out, okay this is our team, what do we do? How you play defense, how you play offense, especially because most of those guys are freshmen,” Collins said. “So for all (those) guys that are really young, to reinvent how we’re trying to play, it was a lot on those guys.”Depth has been a struggle for the Cats all season — NU started with only ten scholarship players out of the maximum thirteen allowed. With two of its key leaders unable to play in this game, the Cats were forced to play a new starting lineup featuring four forwards and Spencer.

That’s terrible for a team that’s already struggling. I’ve seen Boo Buie go off in a few games this season. He appears to be one of those players that could lead them to an NCAA birth is junior or senior year.

As for the game Wednesday, I hope we beat the brakes off them and use it as a “get right” game before O$U comes to town on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This game is huge because if we lose it will be dumpster fire central. If we win no big deal. I am excited to hopefully get back on track

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

If it’s a close game that we win and we struggle with the same stuff, this place will be a mess as well (rightfully so for the most part). I’m finding it better to not watch games live, but I actually can’t watch because of youth at church at the same time.

Wish our Hoosiers nothing but the best and getting back to playing extremely well!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This game is huge because if we lose it will be dumpster fire central. If we win no big deal. I am excited to hopefully get back on track

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Bad thing about a game like this. If we win with easy, it’s what we were supposed to do. If it’s a close win, people will be mad because that means we likely played poorly yet again but it’s a win so move on. If we lose... well I think everyone knows what chaos will come after.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 1/6/2020 at 9:08 AM, Stuhoo said:

The lone upperclassman in the 7-man rotation is graduate transfer Pat Spencer, who is in his first season of college basketball.“We only had a couple days to figure out, okay this is our team, what do we do? How you play defense, how you play offense, especially because most of those guys are freshmen,” Collins said. “So for all (those) guys that are really young, to reinvent how we’re trying to play, it was a lot on those guys.”

Collins is literally making it up as he goes along.  If this one is even close, forgetaboutit.