Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Aren’t there only 2 Crean players left at this point or are we still including Smith and Durham?
Waiting for a team full of Jr’s  and Sr’s doesn’t sound very appealing either.

We already have that. We started 2 seniors and 2 juniors. Not going to get much older than that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

A proactive program would make a change sooner than later. Odds are IU waits 2 years til the cupboards are bare.

And then the next coach's first two seasons won't count, and we'll be still be struggling in year three. Pretty vicious cycle we've gotten ourselves into. 

Thank you for saying the program has zero flavor. Been saying this for some time. Compared to the other programs who are winning on the court and on the trail,  those making brand decisions compare to when your grandma tries to buy you clothes. Just not in tune with what’s cool and exciting. The people who fight this and act like it doesn’t matter frustrate me. It absolutely does. Our tradition and dusty banners aren’t quite the draw we think they are. Time to get cool. 

Winning is cool. It would be great to have a fun to watch and play style but if it wins like Virginia that is fun if it’s your team

Seriously, how do you turn a program that was one of the top five in college basketball into one that can’t even make the NCAA tournament? On purpose. IU basketball was intentionally sabotaged and undermined starting with Myles Brand and continuing with Michael McRobbie and several members of the BOT.

I think it’s telling that there are some that were finally pushed over the edge after today, me included. Been on the fence for a long time as to whether he could be the right guy and been hanging on by a rusty nail for a while.

Also telling that the Archie defenders aren’t here, not in the game thread nor here. I’m not saying they changed their stance but where are they?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All I know is this ... We should NEVER get beaten that bad by another B1G team. 

NEVER. 

And I'm not convinced Maryland is that good. 

What disappoints me about today is with about seven or eight minutes to go, these guys quit. I hate to say that, but they did. There was no effort, no heart, no emotion. I can't figure if they don't like Archie -- and that's being reflected in attitude and effort -- or it's just a laggard bunch. Either way, today was bad. Really bad. 

I didn't think anything could get worse than our performance against OSU in the tourney last year. An NCAA bid was there for the taking and we didn't show up -- until there were about three minutes left. 

Man, today was awful. 

Archie lacks the institutional support and flexibility to compete on an even playing field. He had to ask repeatedly for basic things when he took the job.

True but he now has more at his disposal then Tom Crean ever had. Did Crean not ask, or did he not know?

I think it’s telling that there are some that were finally pushed over the edge after today, me included. Been on the fence for a long time as to whether he could be the right guy and been hanging on by a rusty nail for a while.

Also telling that the Archie defenders aren’t here, not in the game thread nor here. I’m not saying they changed their stance but where are they?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just got home
I was at work and I’m an Indiana basketball defender.

38 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Aren’t there only 2 Crean players left at this point or are we still including Smith and Durham?

Waiting for a team full of Jr’s  and Sr’s doesn’t sound very appealing either.

No. We have three starters (Green, Smith and Durham) and Davis off the bench.

Archie’s good Dayton teams featured a roster full of 6-8ish athletic bruisers who could run the floor, rebound and pass. They had high motors who would suffocate opponents on defense.

We don’t have that roster and Archie has no clue how to make the roster he has play at a high level. It’s a team full of young guys who don’t know what they are doing and upperclassmen who are a group of soft, lazy b*tches who get in their own feelings any time things aren’t going perfectly for them. 

All I know is this ... We should NEVER get beaten that bad by another B1G team. 
NEVER. 
And I'm not convinced Maryland is that good. 
What disappoints me about today is with about seven or eight minutes to go, these guys quit. I hate to say that, but they did. There was no effort, no heart, no emotion. I can't figure if they don't like Archie -- and that's being reflected in attitude and effort -- or it's just a laggard bunch. Either way, today was bad. Really bad. 
 I didn't think anything could get worse than our performance against OSU in the tourney last year. An NCAA bid was there for the taking and we didn't show up -- until there were about three minutes left. 
Man, today was awful. 

I snuck out of work to go that game By myself. Never snuck out of work and never been to a sporting game alone but did it because I knew how important of a game it was and got my heart ripped out

3 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Listen, I'm not saying Glass and Mcrobbie haven't hindered the program...but most people complaining have serious issues with Archie's coaching, inability to build a roster, etc. Glass and Mcrobbie aren't coaching, recruiting and developing the players. That is solely on Archie.

Other than refusing to hire blatant cheaters, cover up for scumbag players, and let athletes take fake classes, there isn’t much the administration is doing to get in the way of our head coaches. The facilities needed upgrades 15 years ago. That’s been addressed. Paying a coach $4.5 million instead of $3.8 million isn’t going to make our players shoot any better. This team and these coaches are well supported financially and with regards to amenities. 

Many programs are doing more with less than what IU offers. We still have somewhat of a rabid fan base, new locker rooms, new training facilities, a separate practice facility, luxury dorms and apartments, high level marketing, etc. And in all honesty, none of that crap really should be necessary to put forth effort and work on developing as a player and a coach throughout the year and offseason.

We’re not competing not because our players each need to have a PS4 in their locker. It’s much simpler than that and saying Archie or any potential future IU coach doesn’t already have a full arsenal of resources at their disposal is completely false.

Just got home
I was at work and I’m an Indiana basketball defender.

So start defending. I am not being a jerk either I genuinely want help finding positives. Yes Maryland is good and the road is tough. On the other hand most of us realized this team looked like crap and here they are failing miserably. It also dont help we seen this movie last season and have a good idea how it ends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app