Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

11, last 4 byes would be my guess.   I would need to deep dive after todays games to give a more accurate guess 

What do you think the ceiling is?

I would say 10 just because I don’t think they will move it after sundays game should IU make it.  I am thinking 11 if we lose tomorrow, 10 if we win. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I think the problem is ESPN pushes for an answer so quickly he has to post it without much diving.  I also think he doesn’t change it if he thinks he made a mistake because…it’s obvious his job isn’t really about accuracy.

He does work for the same company whose NBA mock draft guy would go in after the draft and change mock draft articles to make it look like he called it.

I can't stand ESPN (therefore Lunardi) because like USPS said the only reason we show up on his 4-out lists is because he knows we'll all get pissed off and provide The Mouse with more clicks and views. Most of us know better and know who to follow for real info, but the casual masses do not.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

What do you think the ceiling is?

I would say 10 just because I don’t think they will move it after sundays game should IU make it.  I am thinking 11 if we lose tomorrow, 10 if we win. 

Sounds right.   History tells you that the B1G teams in the final game don’t really change seed wise regardless of the outcome so if IU gets to the finals their seed will be set 

2 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

Crazy sports dude has us at a 12.  Current 5 seeds from the same list: Saint Mary's, Texas, Houston, Uconn.  Potential Kelvin Sampson matchup?

I think you misspelled guaranteed. 

I don't see the NCAA passing up that story line if IU ends up at a 12 and Houston is a 5. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

11 seed per Delphi Bracketology as of 3:30 p.m. today

Screen-Shot-2022-03-11-at-3.29.38-PM-102

dang. They have Oklahoma in and ahead of the last 4 in

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

11 seed per Delphi Bracketology as of 3:30 p.m. today

Screen-Shot-2022-03-11-at-3.29.38-PM-102

Sweet lord, we either get a USPS wet dream of getting to knock out Wild Will Wade or a first to 30 game against Texas in that scenario.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

A lot more traffic in here now that IU is safe 

playing Iowa is best case.   Although the Rutgers loss will probably stay a Q3 playing Iowa gives IU a chance to play the B1G team with the best NET ranking now.   House money 

In your mind - if IU loses to Iowa tomorrow, is IU 100% in the tourney, 99%, 95%?

just trying to avoid me thinking it’s a lock if there is any opening to the contrary - don’t want to be there on Sunday completely schocked

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

In your mind - if IU loses to Iowa tomorrow, is IU 100% in the tourney, 99%, 95%?

just trying to avoid me thinking it’s a lock if there is any opening to the contrary - don’t want to be there on Sunday completely schocked

Can’t say 100% because at the end of the day I’m not in the room and they have made some questionable selections before but I would be floored if they are not in this tournament