Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

8 minutes ago, str8baller said:

If they’re going to run n gun and make a dozen threes they can probably hang with anyone. But their defense has been so bad they don’t have much margin of error versus a team like UConn (or anyone).

This seeding should help them come in with a chip on their shoulder.  Not saying it was wrong but they may still feel that way. Coaches can use that perhaps to help get them focused more now that they are in the tournament. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

definitely Purdue’s year for the Final 4

Pretty amazed at how that played out for them. Easily the best #1 seed path. 

7 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

When do you fill it out so I can copy you for my office pools?

That one gets filled in as teams win.   You don’t want to copy mine anyway.   In these the more you know the more you over analyze every pick.  Seeing all these teams play throughout the year I think more teams can upset the better seeds than normal.  Also if I got a team I picked for the Final 4 losing in the  first round I’m rooting for the upset every time. lol.  

Sure don’t agree with the brackets. Four of the best teams in the UConn brackets. I placed bets on four teams to win it all before the draw . UConn IowaSt  Auburn. And Tennessee.  I also felt  Illinois would probably go the furthest of any Big Ten team before the draw.  They must put no value into conference tourney play at all. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

Sure don’t agree with the brackets. Four of the best teams in the UConn brackets. I placed bets on four teams to win it all before the draw . UConn IowaSt  Auburn. And Tennessee.  I also felt  Illinois would probably go the furthest of any Big Ten team before the draw.  They must put no value into conference tourney play at all. 

Bracketing principles and geography plays a big part in how the bracket falls.   Once they have a true seed list they have to follow the guidelines. I know a lot want to say the stack a certain region but sometimes it’s out of their control 

1 hour ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I think FAU is capable of playing better than they have at times this year.  I know they are not going to be afraid of the lights and the stage.  They have to beat Northwestern first, and not saying they can beat UCONN but also not saying they can’t.

Since you changed your avatar I have been paying a lot more attention to your posts :)

Simulated the tournament 1,000 times using my predictive ratings and it spit out these odds of winning:

1.  Houston  -  27.4%

2.  Arizona - 16.6%

3.  Purdue - 14.2%

4.  Connecticut - 11.4%

5.  Iowa St - 7.5%

6.  Tennessee - 4.5%

7.  Auburn - 4.4%

8.  North Carolina - 2.7%

9.  Creighton - 2.2%

10.  Alabama - 2.0%

The one thing I'd take from this is definitely don't bet on any one team vs. the field this year, lol.

40 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Matt Painter is revered by college basketball analysts, coaches and countless other people affiliated with the sport. I have no doubt that admiration extends to people who were on the committee and assembled these brackets. 

He has won at least 29 games for the third consecutive season….

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Byu was supposed to be the top 5 seed however since they can’t play on Sunday the committee had to drop them a seed line to accommodate bracketing principles 

Also  that caused Zags to move up to a 5 seed from a 6 seed.