Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

@Hovadipo you might get your matchup in the second round of the NIT if Butler and ISU both win 

Release the dang tickets already. I’m frothing at the mouth. 

Also, not sure if you’re watching, but Crean just went on an incredible tirade about teams opting out of the NIT. He’s so good on TV. 

11 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

NIT bracket is on ESPN2, someone tell Coach Crean he's wearing a mic

Looks like a lot of teams opted not to play in the NIT.  No Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, St. John's, Mississippi, Indiana, Syracuse.  North Texas is a 5 seed and they were 18-14 and in seventh place in the AAC.

P5 teams that did accept were Georgia, Xavier, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Minnesota, Butler, Cincinnati, Villanova, UCF, Iowa, Kansas State, and Utah.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Release the dang tickets already. I’m frothing at the mouth. 

Also, not sure if you’re watching, but Crean just went on an incredible tirade about teams opting out of the NIT. He’s so good on TV. 

I totally get it.  I don't like teams opting out of the NIT.  But in today's game, it unfortunately makes sense to do so.

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

@Hovadipo you might get your matchup in the second round of the NIT if Butler and ISU both win 

It stinks that all the Midwest teams are in one region, would've liked two of Butler, ISU, or Cincy in the final 4 at Hinkle.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I totally get it.  I don't like teams opting out of the NIT.  But in today's game, it unfortunately makes sense to do so.

Seems like he’s just as mad at the system/situation as the teams too. The whole thing is frustrating. 

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Chicago St whose season was done February 19th will be in a post season tourney.  CBI here they come 

Independents need representation too, and since they’re the only one…..

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Bracketing principles and geography plays a big part in how the bracket falls.   Once they have a true seed list they have to follow the guidelines. I know a lot want to say the stack a certain region but sometimes it’s out of their control 

They should just stop with the region thing at this point.  Call them quads 1 - 4 and seed them based on balance vs. crazy geographical rules that noone including the committee understands anyway.

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Chicago St whose season was done February 19th will be in a post season tourney.  CBI here they come 

12-18 overall, but 9-18 against D1.

But if I'm a Chicago State player, sign me up.  CBI is all played at Daytona Beach this year.

16-17 Evansville also playing in it.

You hear me say the committee doesn’t really include results after Friday. Example is they had Iowa St as the last 2 seed (8 overall).  They smashed the committees #2 overall on a neutral court Saturday which was their 2nd win over them.  They really penalized them for their non con sos however in this case they had better wins than the other 2 seeded teams.   Iowa st had an argument for the last 1 seed in my opinion.    They also say they have contingency brackets for Sunday results but slot Duquesne in a spot where VCU would have been.   Duquesne should of been lower 

Fo those of you who follow bracketology, who has a complaint about being excluded and who should feel fortunate that they are in?  Virginia's bet win was against Florida and they were just 2-7 in quad 1 games.  

27 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Fo those of you who follow bracketology, who has a complaint about being excluded and who should feel fortunate that they are in?  Virginia's bet win was against Florida and they were just 2-7 in quad 1 games.  

-Virginia is probably the one team who I felt didn't deserve to be in.

-FAU and MSU were both criminally overseeded

-Mountain West as a whole got shafted with seeding. 

4 hours ago, JF87 said:

None really have a complaint about being left out.   They all had flaws.  There is a reason why these teams are on the bubble.   Each had positives for them to get in and also each and a negative.  Just was going to depend on what committee valued.   Oklahoma had 16 Q1 opportunities and went 4-12 with only wins against tourney teams at home

Virginia on the other hand went 2-7 in Q1 but had wins over Florida neutral and Clemson on the road plus a home win against A&M.  3 tourney quality wins.   I had Oklahoma in and Virginia out but see no problem with committee chosen Virginia over Oklahoma 

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

None really have a complaint about being left out.   They all had flaws.  There is a reason why these teams are on the bubble.   Each had positives for them to get in and also each and a negative.  Just was going to depend on what committee valued.   Oklahoma had 16 Q1 opportunities and went 4-12 with only wins against tourney teams at home

Virginia on the other hand went 2-7 in Q1 but had wins over Florida neutral and Clemson on the road plus a home win against A&M.  3 tourney quality wins.   I had Oklahoma in and Virginia out but see no problem with committee chosen Virginia over Oklahoma 

Virginia accumulated wins, which IMO is something that should count for something.  I personally felt that Virginia and Indiana State should have both been in but Michigan State and Texas A&M should have been out;  but did think that the committee was going to put in Michigan State and leave the other three out.  Just surprised more that Michigan State wasn't really even that close to the bubble for the committee.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Virginia accumulated wins, which IMO is something that should count for something.  I personally felt that Virginia and Indiana State should have both been in but Michigan State and Texas A&M should have been out;  but did think that the committee was going to put in Michigan State and leave the other three out.  Just surprised more that Michigan State wasn't really even that close to the bubble for the committee.

Sparty being the top 9 seed was definitely something i didn’t expect.   A&M probably hardest team to seed and had one of the most unique resumes I’ve seen in a while.   7-7 in Q1 and 6-3 in Q2.  That’s insane for a bubble team however they went 2-4 in Q3.   I didnt see a way they would leave a team with winning record against the top 2 Quads.   

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

DeCourcy's bracket:  342 points

Lunardi's bracket:  336 points

Palm's bracket:  323 points

---------------------------------------------

USPS's bracket:  336 points

My bracket:  322 points

Last season USPS's bracket I believe beat all three of them.  I'm still learning.  322 isn't real good but believe I had 308 last year.