Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

2 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I’m interested to see how this committee views mid- majors vs. P5.  Could affect a lot of teams, like Indiana State, St. John’s, Virginia, Northwestern, etc.

I can’t imagine an Indiana State getting in over a Northwestern but I don’t pretend to be a bracketologist.

1 seeds.   Uconn, Purdue, Houston, North Carolina 

Purdue had been my number one overall all year however Uconn winning their conference championship and tourney puts them ahead.  Committe likes when teams have both and the metrics are close enough to give the edge to Uconn

2 seeds  iowa St, Tenn, Zona, marquette

im going against results dont matter after Friday and putting NC behind Iowa st     non con sos is terrible for Iowa st but who cares they are good

3. , Creighton, Baylor, Kentucky, illinios

4. , Auburn, Duke, Kansas, Bama

5. , Wisky, Texas Tech, BYU, Florida

6. , San Diego St, South Carolina, St Marys, wash st

7. , Zags, Clemson, Utah St, Nevada

8. , Nebraska, Boise st, Texas, dayton

9. , New Mexico, Miss st, Colorado st, northwestern

10.  , TCU ,A&M Last 4 in, FAU, Sparty, colorado, ISU-(its my braket and it is for fun) oklahoma would be the team i would put in

11.  Oregon, Drake, NC State, James Madison

12. McNeese, Grand Canyon,  Samford, Duquesne 

13. Charelston, Yale, UAB , Akron

14. ,  Vermont, Morehead, Oakland, Colgate

15. Western Kentucky, South Dakota st, Long Beach St, Longwood

16. St Peters, Stetson (Dayton play In- Montana St, Wagner, Howard, Grambling

first 4 out- Virginia, Seton Hall, St Johns, Providence, Pitt

computer acting up so hope this submits   

2 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I can’t imagine an Indiana State getting in over a Northwestern but I don’t pretend to be a bracketologist.

I agree, as much as I’d love to see it.  But I think Indiana State deserves to be in.  I haven’t seen a metric anywhere that supports them being left out.

32 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I agree, as much as I’d love to see it.  But I think Indiana State deserves to be in.  I haven’t seen a metric anywhere that supports them being left out.

They would not be using POM (45th overall).  Under that metric they would not be one of the top 36 at large teams.

304th non-conference schedule and 129th overall on POM.  

Only one quad 1 win (had 5 opportunities).

22 of their 27 wins were quad 3 and 4.

While I personally would prefer them in over a couple of teams that will get in, there are metrics that support them not being in.  Don't think there would be any at large team in the field with fewer quad 1 wins or fewer combined quad 1 and 2.

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

My vote is Stetson.  Guard centric and shoot the three well (don't play a lick of defense though)

Just imagine if they still had Luke Brown.